Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with those who EQUATE WILLINGNESS WITH SAFETY
My guess, and, yes it's a guess, is that when they were spotted in OK, he was still telling her that he would be taking her home. It was only two days out. My guess....'lets just do this one more thing before we go home." I don't believe she planned an indefinite trip because she said to her sister (before she left) to CALL THE POLICE if not home by 6:00. Very concerned statement and is a clear indication of being conflicted.
Sex drives this man....not love. His integrity is low. He lies. Grooms young girls. So is he a trustworthy man of integrity that you'd trust your yr old 15 daughter with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Power, control, and manipulation drive this man, not love, nor sex. IMHO. :cow:

Even if they did get medical treatment using medical insurance or use pharmacy for RX HIPPA Privacy Laws would protect them but LE can try to get that info.

https://www.eff.org/issues/law-enforcement-access

HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) is United States legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information.

I agree. I don't see any groups being very welcoming. He wouldn't be trusted and would stand out like a sore thumb with a young girl along. I would hope if they did approach any groups though that someone would report them. With a reward there is always that possibility.

On the other hand, if he was to buy a buggy and they "dressed" Amish, it would be one way to hide. I've driven thru New York/Pennsylvania/Ohio/Indiana, and there are a lot of barns that have been abandoned in various states of disrepair - might be possible to hide the Rogue in one of them while pretending to be Amish. I can't really picture TC going that route, but I suppose it's possible.

The thing is, the "disguise" at Walmart's was minimal. TC dyed his beard, and ET's hair was dyed a color that it had been dyed in the past. She was even wearing his shirt.

If I wanted to throw a false trail, I'd make a minor change to my appearance and then make sure I was seen somewhere well away from where I actually intended to go. Then, I'd make a MAJOR change to my appearance - something completely different. For example, shave his beard, get a couple real-looking temporary tattoos, etc. Cut her hair and bleach it, maybe wear dresses or shorts.

I'm not convinced that all the pictures of beaches mean that they were headed south. I wonder if either of them skis? It wouldn't really shock me if they were in New England, or somewhere else northern.

They had a good head start and really didn't need to go to all that trouble on the 15th. The best thing they did was to get out of Tennessee right away. That's where everyone is looking for them. Even today, I don't think there are that many people really looking for them outside of Tennessee, Alabama, and possibly Oklahoma, nor do they really stand out in a crowd.

I'm not 100% committed to any particular theory of where they are right now; we just have too few clues. I'd prefer to be somewhere warm if I was sleeping in my car, a tent, or a drafty cabin, but that's me. If they had some good camping gear, they could be absolutely anywhere.

So is he going to let us know exactly what the note says?

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a suicide note - possibly "I'm going to 'x' location and ending it all." Wife might have been suspicious based on which vehicle he took, and possibly items he took - but if police thought it was legit then they were looking for him/his dead body rather than him running off with ET. He might even have claimed he was going to drive the vehicle into a lake or something along those lines.

where oh where are y ou ET? i still think someone is helping them. otherwise i might have a bad feeling since they havent been seen in awhile

Even if they did get medical treatment using medical insurance or use pharmacy for RX HIPPA Privacy Laws would protect them but LE can try to get that info.

https://www.eff.org/issues/law-enforcement-access

HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) is United States legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information.
https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/f...ergency/final_hipaa_guide_law_enforcement.pdf
2aae643f586f21795e839234a0e047ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ugh. That's not how it works. If so, don't you think she would have ran away from her mother years ago?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Apples and oranges. If she ran away from her mother, the police would have just brought her back. In the Walmart store should could have just told an employee who she was and asked them to call the police. TC would have been arrested before he even got out of the store.

Yes it would be, IF she was an adult who wasn't scared of him, but instead she is a 15 year old girl being manipulated and controlled by a 50 year old man. Not hard to understand IMO

If I was scared of someone, I would get away from them. Not run away with them.

Pedophilia used to refer only to sex attraction/activity with children prior to puberty. Nowadays, it is term so frequently used, I don't know if it is as strictly defined as it used to be.

Because people misuse the word, does not change the definition of it.

Definition of pedophilia
: sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object; specifically : a psychological disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child

Definition of pedophilia

With Walmart being a recurring place wrt TC, it just hit me! Walmart (in my area) has recently started online call ahead shopping.
TC really doesn't HAVE to "go" anywhere for food.
He can just pull in, load up and GO!
*if whatever Walmart he is near has this service.
MOO

Apples and oranges. If she ran away from her mother, the police would have just brought her back. In the Walmart store should could have just told an employee who she was and asked them to call the police. TC would have been arrested before he even got out of the store.
Sometimes we have to think a little deeper to try to understand things. WE understand this. In most abusive/manipulative situations, especially when you are young, you don't see a way out. This girl was ridiculed at school already, because of this situation. We have no idea what he's told her she will face if she returns. Or what she fears she will face.

I'm tired. In my experience, if we don't want to understand something, or learn something, we don't. You seem to be pretty set in your opinion about this subject. I'll leave you to it. And I genuinely hope you never have to watch a loved one go through something so confusing, traumatic and abusive. Even with all the support of friends, family, therapy and even meds, it can take decades to heal.

With some of the comments here, on our "victim friendly" forum, it's no wonder some victims are so afraid no one will support them if they try to leave. For every one person here who refuses to see what's going on, and what has been stated by LE, that she is IN DANGER, there are numerous people local to her who feel the same. That's got to be a lonely place for a lost 15 year old. I'll stand for her if I'm the last one!

ETA - maybe he would be arrested in the store. But maybe she knew he was carrying a gun, and had made it clear to her that one misstep and he was going to pull it. So yeah, he'll be removed from the store. Possibly alive, possibly dead, and possibly taking her and others with him. Let's face it, at this point he has nothing left to lose.

If I was scared of someone, I would get away from them. Not run away with them.
I'm glad to hear you've never been victimized in such a way that you felt you didn't have the option. Unfortunately not everyone has your history and bravery. Good for you!

The thing is, the "disguise" at Walmart's was minimal. TC dyed his beard, and ET's hair was dyed a color that it had been dyed in the past. She was even wearing his shirt.

If I wanted to throw a false trail, I'd make a minor change to my appearance and then make sure I was seen somewhere well away from where I actually intended to go. Then, I'd make a MAJOR change to my appearance - something completely different. For example, shave his beard, get a couple real-looking temporary tattoos, etc. Cut her hair and bleach it, maybe wear dresses or shorts.

I'm not convinced that all the pictures of beaches mean that they were headed south. I wonder if either of them skis? It wouldn't really shock me if they were in New England, or somewhere else northern.

Why would you make even minor changes to your appearance, if you wanted to throw a false trail? In that case you would want to look as much like yourself, as possible. 1. To make it as obvious as possible, and 2. Not to tip off investigators that you have changed your appearance at all. That would just be giving them an unnecessary lead.

I think that TC is a smart guy, and he has planned this out very well. But I think those who think that the Walmart appearance was a ploy to mislead investigators, are giving him just a bit too much credit. Making unnecessary appearances, to throw investigators off, would be extremely risky, and would have likely backfired. If he did something like that, I think it would have gotten him caught already. His #1 priority I think would have been get into hiding as quickly as possible. I think the cell phone ping in Alabama and the Walmart sighting are his two and only slip ups so far.

That said, I do think he is trying to mislead investigators, but I doubt he is being that brazen about it, to make unnecessary appearances.

There are many kinds of blood pressure meds. Depending on the severity of Tad's condition, it could be very dangerous to come off then suddenly. However, if he is dieting and losing a lot of weight, he could be halving the pills to make them last twice as long. Then he could use natural remedies to at least help a little until he can either get hold of some pills or do without while gaining in strength and losing weight. It is possible, but needs to be done under a doctor's care to be safe at all. If he strokes while they are in the middle of the wilderness, both he and Elizabeth are gonna be in a world of hurt. Hope she's learning to drive their vehicle....

There are many kinds of blood pressure meds. Depending on the severity of Tad's condition, it could be very dangerous to come off then suddenly. However, if he is dieting and losing a lot of weight, he could be halving the pills to make them last twice as long. Then he could use natural remedies to at least help a little until he can either get hold of some pills or do without while gaining in strength and losing weight. It is possible, but needs to be done under a doctor's care to be safe at all. If he strokes while they are in the middle of the wilderness, both he and Elizabeth are gonna be in a world of hurt. Hope she's learning to drive their vehicle....
There is more than one etiology of hypertension. We tend to assume weight. Yes, losing weight might help him. But if it's not the primary cause of his BP, it's not going to matter as much. He could have atherosclerosis, it could be a weight and activity issue, or mostly hereditary. We do not know. But with most prescription medications for chronic conditions, it's not wise, and at times it's life threatening to alter your doses or stop without medical guidance. My opinion based on a parent who practices cardiology.

With Walmart being a recurring place wrt TC, it just hit me! Walmart (in my area) has recently started online call ahead shopping.
TC really doesn't HAVE to "go" anywhere for food.
He can just pull in, load up and GO!
*if whatever Walmart he is near has this service.
MOO

Our Walmart has this...but you MUST prepay with a credit card. You cannot use a Walmart gift card or pay later in cash. I would assume he hasn't used any credit cards or they would have announced it.

Our Walmart has this...but you MUST prepay with a credit card. You cannot use a Walmart gift card or pay later in cash. I would assume he hasn't used any credit cards or they would have announced it.
Good! Thank you. I didn't know that. I have thought about trying it, but I wouldn't feel right. I am picky about the cans and boxes I choose.
OCD much? 😉
MOO

Power, control, and manipulation drive this man, not love, nor sex. IMHO. :cow:

Yes, but sex (or oftentimes money) can motivate them to 'act out' in nefarious ways. LE said TC claimed to have an unknown skill. I think it was he knew he was good at fooling people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member