IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunfusion - just want to say that i was happy to see the background removed. Jmo
I have done this by cutting out a person from a picture, it does present a different look of suspect as it is only he that the eye sees with no distractions. Jmo

I'm hoping this is acceptable to post. I didn't really change the picture so much as just remove the background. I do a lot of work with photos and graphics, but I can't make any guarantees about the accuracy here. I tried to remove the background and blurred portions which seem to be from movement during recording, but I may be off in some places because of the similarity of the colors. The main thing I was looking for was what his general body type is, and if I've been looking for the wrong guy. I hope it might serve some purpose for somebody here.

View attachment 115556

Cunfusion - just want to say that i was happy to see the background removed. Jmo
I have done this by cutting out a person from a picture, it does present a different look of suspect as it is only he that the eye sees with no distractions. Jmo

Me too. I like seeing and reading all the different takes, and I appreciate all the time everyone puts into these things. I feel like one lazy slob though -- doing all the reading and none of the doing. 🌸

BBM

Do you think it's common that LE lie to the public when informing them of progress in solving a case?

If so, I wonder is that a good thing? What I mean by that, does it erode public faith in LE in general? Shouldn't the public have the right to have confidence in LE that their press releases are honest and truthful?

Sure LE is legally allowed to use any tactics necessary when interviewing suspects and from time to time drops red herrings that would only be meaningful to the guilty culprit but I honestly can't think of a time when LE has lied to the public about the progress of a case. If they want to guard their responses to a specific question from the media, they are experts at noncommittal answers if they do choose, usually in reference to "protecting the integrity of the investigation".

So my question, is LE not being truthful regarding the progress of a case a common thing? Other examples?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's fair for LE public statements to be careful and calculated. We should expect them to make statements that are designed to help with the case.

I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions. I know the head is a little larger than it should be because I can still see a bit of the original background (I just didn't want to take it too close and end up removing part of the head, which I did do on the second one.) You're more than welcome to stick with what they gave you, but as an artist and an IT professional, I always feel like everything could use improvement. You may be trying to be insulting, but nobody is more critical about my work than I am. Thanks for the feedback.

Being convicted of owning child *advertiser censored* will always get you on the list, but I think it depends on the circumstances and the state you're convicted in that determines if you'll be registered for "peeping."

A couple of corrections to your post. I didn't lie about softening the photo, you asked about a different one (the one of the head only). The other thing is that I am not a "he". Not that either point is really important.

Hey Confusion, there is a magic wand tool, that can auto crop a parson/ object without any background shown. And without taking away any part of the person but I could never figure out how to use it YouTube has a tutorial. And this is via gimp. Don't know if your program has that tool. Just trying to help I personally love your photo work.( Ot I think)

Me too. I like seeing and reading all the different takes, and I appreciate all the time everyone puts into these things. I feel like one lazy slob though -- doing all the reading and none of the doing. 🌸

Lol I feel lazy too I mess with the photo but on my phone I can't drag it to my album and don't feel like snatching my hubbys comp. Imo always but I feel like as bad as the initial picture is, it doesn't hurt, as long as tos is followed.

Anyone know if the electronic billboards still have their pictures on them? Thanks

[
RL has been photographed on his property talking on this phone as you said. i can't imagine that he was borrowing a phone while standing in the woods. We all take our phones with us, especially if we are out and about. I am confident that LE would look into where his phone was that day in the normal course of the investigation.
I have a cell phone, but it's mainly for long distance. I almost never think to bring it with me when I go somewhere. In my case, it's partially because I don't leave home that often and partially because I've only had one for about a year. I have no idea if he gets out a lot or not, but without a license it seems unlikely. MOO

BBM ~ If BG isn't RL (and I'm tending to thinking he isn't), then it might help to zero in on who might've known he'd be gone much of the day. I get the impression he didn't habitually hang out with many people, so the list can't be too long.
One person would be the person who took him - that person could have told any number of people that he'd be unavailable that day because he had to take RL to Lafayette.
That looks a lot skinnier than the suspect

View attachment 115619

That is the suspect, it's the same picture. It just looks skinnier than with the background and distortions.

All of the above is MOO

Hey Confusion, there is a magic wand tool, that can auto crop a parson/ object without any background shown. And without taking away any part of the person but I could never figure out how to use it YouTube has a tutorial. And this is via gimp. Don't know if your program has that tool. Just trying to help I personally love your photo work.( Ot I think)

Thanks. I did use that to start with, but it's much better when you're trying to remove something that's all one color. Once I used that to cut out most of the background, there were still spots showing up and a sort of an aura around the body where the background and the distortion from the movement of the body were somewhat blurred together.

Thanks. I did use that to start with, but it's much better when you're trying to remove something that's all one color. Once I used that to cut out most of the background, there were still spots showing up and a sort of an aura around the body where the background and the distortion from the movement of the body were somewhat blurred together.

Ah thanks for the info. I figured you knew something about it. Any thoughts on what's going on with BG chin? The black area? I wondered misplaced mouth or shadow?

That is the suspect, it's the same picture. It just looks skinnier than with the background and distortions.

All of the above is MOO

Background removed using PhotoShop background erase tool - still a stocky looking man. The background does not cause the man to look stocky.

indianabackground.jpg

I agree there has been more than just enhancing / removal of background imo, maybe even some of it unintentionally. it makes BG look skinnier, longer legs, narrower waist. Moo . I keep thinking about the artist sketch that was released that le asked ppl not to share.This is one reason I always try to follow tos and post the original source whenever I edit a photo.

If you believe I violated TOS by posting the picture, you should alert it rather than falsely accusing me of things you believe were done to it. The legs are exactly the same length as they were in the original, and (unless there is an aura of different colored material attached to his clothes) only the distortion from movement and the background was removed. I did soften the face on the full body pictures because I wasn't trying to enhance that, I wanted to get a better look at the body type without all the distractions. I don't mind people criticizing my work, in fact I usually appreciate it, but I do find being accused of dishonesty to be rather offensive. I've actually found the sketches I've done of his face to be more helpful (you can actually see a lot more if you look at it closely) but I'd never post them on here because I know they wouldn't be allowed. MOO

Did Web Sight post the picture she said she was going to work on yesterday? The one where she was going to replicate the more visible side of his face.

He had two months left of a 24 month probation. Maybe with just two months to go he thought no big deal and they wouldnt find out. Suddenly he's under national scrutiny and there were cameras at the dump so he was caught out. If he had just waited 2 more months he wouldn't now be serving 3 1/2 years. I do feel a bit sorry for him, though he doesn't deserve it . JMO.

The strange thing to me is the search they conducted around his pickup earlier the day he was arrested. I think there is much more we don't know about the property. It seems possible to me they may have had surveillance, watching for someone to come back, maybe to pick up something left behind. I find it odd that they searched around his pickup and the old barn on the north side of his road on 3/10. Then they didn't come back to search his house and buildings until 3/17 after he had been gone from the property for a week. And at the time of that search they also went back across the road and searched that barn again.

Anyone have thoughts on killers footprints?. Where they there, weren't They? If so think it's possible they led onto RL land past cs? Ik I've mentioned it before, but I have memory issues due to meds. But if they did lead there think that helped prompt a further search of the land itself. Imo always but I personally think they led elsewhere or else if IF dogs was used I would think we'd seen em via msm on RL land all over the place. But poke holes please.

Did Web Sight post the picture she said she was going to work on yesterday? The one where she was going to replicate the more visible side of his face.

Not yet, as far as I know but I sent a request for nose alignment and website said they'd do it. So I figure I didn't help with the work load. But maybe today?

Perhaps we could look at the two "background removed" images side by side ... and with the suspect rotated

IndianaQuestion2.jpg IndianaQuestion.jpg

I think it's going to come down to someone ratting out BG because he told someone about committing the crime (slipped up) or some DNA found at the murder scene. IF a vehicle was involved then tire tracks, ( did anyone change good tires out for new 1s shortly after the crime?), car was cleaned inside and out when maybe it would normally be messy etc. Just throwing out some scenerios in case a vehicle was used in the crime. Like most have said on here the picture the police managed to get from LG video just is toooo blurry and can't be enhanced to make out BG face. Clothing maybe but it seems that a lot of guys were that type of clothing. But I still see a skull image on a black shirt under his coat. JMO

Perhaps we could look at the two "background removed" images side by side

Thx Otto my point exactly...I'm just trying to figure how confusion got from A to B, wasn't trying to insult/accuse anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members