Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Family offers reward, pleas for return of missing teen and stepdad"

"...
The past 11 days have been hard for the mother of 16-year-old LaTania Carwell.

'I’m not eating. I’m not sleeping. I’m just worried about my family,' said Tanya Tripp, LaTania’s mother. 'If y’all see them please call authorities and help my family get home.'
'I got her because you’re sick and he said I didn’t want to bother you so I asked our daughter would she go and help me find Maurice,' Tripp said, adding that she had cancer and a few other illnesses. 'He said he had a call from a friend who was stuck on the side of the road in Clarks Hill.'

Tripp said family calls her daughter by her middle name, Janell. The T.W. Josey Comprehensive High School sophomore has earned several awards for her school work and her uncle said he knows she’s a good kid, looking into the medical field.

'She knows how to cook, clean. [She is] Very well groomed. Very well spoken. She’s smart. I just believe she’s in a situation where she can’t get on the phone and call uncle, mom or some kind of relative,' Charles Carwell told us. 'By now, she would have reached out or walked in the door on her own by now.'

Carwell is Tanya Tripp’s brother and he said he isn’t sold on the reason why Janell and her stepdad left.

'It’s almost as if it was premeditated because this girl goes missing on her 16th birthday. How she was brought out the house just doesn’t sit well with me.
'
The family is hoping media in the Atlanta area picks up the story too because that is where the family said the cell phones last appeared. Tripp said her husband has family there too.

Carwell added there is a $500 reward for anyone offering information that will help bring the pair home."
(BBM)
http://wjbf.com/2017/04/28/family-offers-reward-pleas-for-return-of-missing-teen-and-stepdad/

I find it interesting that it's the mom's brother who is saying that (i.e., the BBM part). It sounds like he is the logical, more level-headed one. The mom, on the other hand ... :thinking:.

Yeah. The daughter, little Janell, just her photo alone says everything good about her. Just like her Uncle Carwell has stated. She just looks intelligent, beautiful . . . all the good things he says about her. She is the adult among the three of them, that's for sure. I suspect some drug/alcohol-related problems most likely going on with her mother (and I don't even need to speculate on WTH's wrong with the husband/stepfather!).

I believe age 16 in Georgia is the "age of consent." But, that was probably not the intention of Janell, to "run away" with this sleazy slimeball. She probably left with the "con artist" because he talked a good story about his bosom buddy: "Maurice" (a/k/a "nobody/doesn't exist")!

IMO/MOO!

Is Latania's Facebook working for anyone else? It's not pulling up for me anymore

Nope.
Sorry, this content isn't available right now, per facebook.

LaTanya Janell Carwell, please let today be the day we find out what happened and she can be brought home where she belongs. I feel so bad for her Uncle and extended family, friends and loved ones.
Your in my heart, Janell, :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: and probably everyone else here too.

http://wjbf.com/2017/04/28/family-offers-reward-pleas-for-return-of-missing-teen-and-stepdad/

My comments on this 04/28/2017 article by Renetta DuBose (WJBF News Channel 6):

According to Tanya Tripp, LaTania Janell Carwell's mother, her husband (LEON TRIPP -- a/k/a "Lyin' Leon"], left with HER daughter at 1:30 a.m. (lured her away from their home by a ruse, at 1:30 AM on a school night, if I am not mistaken!), "[T]o help a friend ["Maurice"], who was "stuck on the side of the road in Clarks Hill" (GA). Tanya Tripp said her husband referred to this "friend", who was allegedly stranded by the roadside at 1:30 a.m., only by his first name ("Maurice"). I'm betting that even if he had used the friend's full name, it would not have rung a bell with this woman. Why? Because her husband had never, ever before, mentioned this [fictitious] individual to her! (IMO/MOO!, but willing to bet I am right on the money here!)

Tanya Tripp recounted that when she called her husband on his cell phone, immediately after she heard the door slam, (Lyin') Leon Tripp said: "Baby, I got [Janell] because you were sick and and I didn't want to bother you, so I asked our daughter would she go and help me find Maurice."

["People talk about me baby, say I'm doing you wrong ... Well, don't you worry baby, 'cause I'm right here at home" ("The Joker" by The Steve Miller Band)]

Her relieved response was: "Thank God!" Well, if she didn't get out of the bed, as I believe she initially claimed, why was she so worried about Janell's whereabouts? How did she even know that Janell was not in the house? Something doesn't add up. Nothing does, for that matter.

The reporter alludes to Tanya Tripp's emotional plea, but I see only croc tears. All of this is sounding more and more like a crock alright. She sniffs through her invisible tears, "I'm just worried about my family", and goes on to beseech the public: "If y'all see them please call the authorities and help my family get home."

Oh, yeah. Right! The last thing Leon Tripp wants is help getting home. Home to him is back to prison! (More of her crock!) She should be worried about WTH Lyin' Leon is doing with her daughter! She is in denial -- or worse -- maybe thinks that if the daughter were out of the picture, she'd have Leon back to herself again!

She goes on to complain that she can't sleep -- well, hell, wasn't she sleeping when her daughter was taken out of the home by "Dear Ole' Stepdad" !!!?! You're not supposed to be able to sleep when your daughter is being held hostage by a pervert.

She claims that she can't eat either -- well, despite the fact that she has no teeth (probably owing to drug addiction) -- she doesn't look like she's missed too many meals to me.

Frankly, Leon Lamar Tripp most definitely has sexual designs on Tonya Tripp's daughter -- did you get a good look at the mother!!!??? Jeez! Not saying that his perversion and criminality is warranted, by any means. But it is not a stretch of anyone's imagination to ruminate on why he took Janell when he ran to answer the distress call of "Maurice" (a/k/a "Leon Lamar Tripp"):
"I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker, I get my lovin' on the run;
You're the cutest thing I ever did see, really love your peaches want to shake your tree."[SUP]*[/SUP]

*[Google Play Music --Lyrics by Steve Miller, Eddie Curtis, Ahmet Ertegun. Copyright (1973) Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.]

:jail:

Could he have trafficked her to "Maurice" ? Has Maurice been confirmed as a real person and found?

Could he have trafficked her to "Maurice" ? Has Maurice been confirmed as a real person and found?

There was a report released by LE that they did contact an acquaintance of the stepfather's, named Maurice---who told them that he never called to say he needed help that night.

But I don't know if they investigated him in any way...

I really would like to know when the last time is that someone outside of the family saw her. I have such a bad feeling about this. I hope they are forming search parties. :(

I really would like to know when the last time is that someone outside of the family saw her. I have such a bad feeling about this. I hope they are forming search parties. :(

I have never had clarification on the last time she was seen.

The 17th was a Monday. But she supposedly left at 1:30 am, so that is really more like late Sunday night.

Sunday was her 16th birthday. I would ASSUME that extended family and friends spoke with her or saw her on her birthday. She seemed to have a lot of friends from school.

I am sure that LE looked closely at her cell logs and her SM. I am sure that if she had not been texting or talking to anyone they would have said so already.

My theory is that Stepdad waited for mama to go to bed. Then he made his move on the poor girl. It went sideways from there, imo...

I have never had clarification on the last time she was seen.

The 17th was a Monday. But she supposedly left at 1:30 am, so that is really more like late Sunday night.

Sunday was her 16th birthday. I would ASSUME that extended family and friends spoke with her or saw her on her birthday. She seemed to have a lot of friends from school.

I am sure that LE looked closely at her cell logs and her SM. I am sure that if she had not been texting or talking to anyone they would have said so already.

My theory is that Stepdad waited for mama to go to bed. Then he made his move on the poor girl. It went sideways from there, imo...

Actually, maybe Monday was her actual birthday. ?

"UPDATE | CID investigators to search the home of Tanya and Leon Tripp"
Wednesday, May 24, 2017

"AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- The home of Tanya Tripp on the 3100 block of Tate Road is set to be searched by CID investigators on Wednesday.

According to our reporter on the scene, people were digging through stuff at the home. A scrapbook of childhood pictures was left behind.

The Marshal's Office has arrived on scene but cannot start their investigation until CID arrives.
Investigators say they're still continuing to search for the teenager, but there is no word on where she might be. Anyone with any information can call the Richmond County Sheriff's Office."
http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/In...o-missing-from-Richmond-County-420102333.html

I am physically ill at this point.

Tanya Tripp recounted that when she called her husband on his cell phone, immediately after she heard the door slam, (Lyin') Leon Tripp said: "Baby, I got [Janell] because you were sick and and I didn't want to bother you, so I asked our daughter would she go and help me find Maurice."

:jail:
RSBM.

In the meantime:
"When Latania’s mother, Tanya Tripp, was alerted by her other child that Latania and Tripp had left the house together, she immediately called him to find out what happened, relatives tell NewsOne."
https://newsone.com/3709429/leon-lamar-tripp-kidnapping-warrant-16-year-old-latania-janelle-carwell/

"Latania’s uncle, Charles Carwell, 33, a warehouse inventory control clerk, says Latania’s mother did not know that her daughter had left the house until she was informed by her other child."
https://newsone.com/3707870/latania-janelle-carwell-and-leon-lamar-tripp-missing/

(All BBM)

I realize that these two quotes say the same thing (just written differently), and they are from the same source (NEWSONE), but I trust the uncle over the mother and have no reason to believe the information above is inaccurate. Mr. Carwell has no reason to lie.

This has gone from hinky to mega-hinky.

The mom leaves the place looking like that, goes off to be with the sketchy step-dad and... where is Janell and where's Janell's sibling??

Did they move everything out of the house? Or what happened here? Confused
She just left the Augusta house and moved to Atlanta where LT was. He got arrested, then she did, too.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member