IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used Google maps this is just approximate as not sure exactly where Libby and Abby's bodies were found View attachment 117324
How far is that would you say? 800 yards or more?
Edit. Sorry just enlarged and see u have it about 734 feet. That's really not far and is downhill coming from cemetery to creek. They were 50-60 feet from creek so only 674 feet or 220yds .

This all makes me wonder.. was BG overdressed because he was cold? Or just to protect himself from injury? Both? I'm from tn so to me it's cold, to others not, I'm cold in general tbh. It just makes me all the more curious. Maybe it's because he had lots of things to carry too? Someone mentioned they though BG voice sounded native to tn or such areas not long ago and ill admit, I listened several times and heard no accent what so ever. I tend to think he's from probably that area ind but this also made me think.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Yes I think I posted something similar to this a bunch of threads ago. When I visit abroad and am in the off-season, I'm always too cold or too warm when others are just right.

One year I traveled from our summer--which was in the middle of a heat wave with high humidity and temperatures in the low 100s--to another part of the world where temperatures were in the 60s. To acclimatize to a 45-degree differential overnight was taxing. I was chilled to the bone for the first few days when normally temperatures in the 60s feel balmy to me.

I've often wondered if BG was bundled and huddled looking because he was relatively cold. In other words I've wondered if he was unaccustomed to the Delphi weather at the time.

Has there been discussion on what this white truck was doing up in the woods and who's it might be? To me it doesn't look like a LE vehicle. JMO Truck.jpg

Are we only accepting LE sources now? Did I miss the memo? ;-)

Talking of LE , anyone know if an update on the expected forensics is available? I think Misty Waters and Burnt Toast have both stated they were confident about results coming back so wondering what is the opinion why that is still not forthcoming?
i am confident about them getting them back but i am not so confident in LE sharing the results with us. i was actually very surprised that they even shared they had "some" results back but were waiting on more from the FBI's Virginia lab. they look at the benefit and risk of everything they release in a tight lipped case like this. i can't see the benefit of telling us the results before an arrest is made. i personally don't know what they could gain. however, i am right there with you. i wish we would hear something, even if it just that the fact that the forensic testing was completed.

Has there been discussion on what this white truck was doing up in the woods and who's it might be? To me it doesn't look like a LE vehicle. JMO View attachment 117325
It has to be LE maybe coroner or pathologist? The roads were all blocked off I believe. What is the road shown and how close to CS was it DYK?

Any news from LE on the forensics results that were still to come back a couple of weeks ago?

We do know who was on the bridge at the time don't we? The one witness who saw one other couple and a man in black AFAIK. This would be in addition to BG, LG and AW. So that's 7 persons for LE to trace IMO. Has that been done DWK? The couple could be BG and accomplice but then LE would have said they are looking for a couple and a man in black. So IMO they must have traced them all except BG right? Just trying to get this straight in my head.

So just asking again, do we think LE have traced all these people on the bridge? (Excluding BG because we know he hasn't been traced)

I will provide some clarification on SM vs MSM and the muddy mess that now exists thanks to journalists deciding to farm social media for info/leads.

WS rules state members may not sleuth individuals social media unless those individuals are named POI or Suspect by LE.

More and more lately we are seeing instances where MSM is sleuthing that same social media and publishing what they find there in their articles.

You may discuss specific social media posts that are quoted or screen capped in MSM articles.

Does that make things more confusing? You betcha.

While the internet affords us nearly instant news, IMO journalism has suffered a bit because of it. In the rush to be first to post a story - often times fact checking falls by the wayside.

We as the end user/consumer of such news must use our own judgment in deciding what weight to give such info.

ETA while I am on the subject of deciding what weight to give something - each member decides for themselves how much weight to give a reporter's paraphrasing as opposed to a direct quote by a witness or authority. It has always been the case and will continue to be.

IMHO, people did search part of his property that night or planned to. I know from SM that relatives were out until 2-4 AM. Maybe they didn't search that exact spot, but I bet they did walk at least somewhere on his property that evening/early morning.
If you're walking along the creek with a flashlight searching on RLs land the 50-60 feet from the waters edge is not far and a flashlight would reach IMO just like it would reach across the creek which looks to be about 100 feet. The bodies can't have been concealed because a volunteer found them almost straight away once they were allowed to search. MOO.

i am confident about them getting them back but i am not so confident in LE sharing the results with us. i was actually very surprised that they even shared they had "some" results back but were waiting on more from the FBI's Virginia lab. they look at the benefit and risk of everything they release in a tight lipped case like this. i can't see the benefit of telling us the results before an arrest is made. i personally don't know what they could gain. however, i am right there with you. i wish we would hear something, even if it just that the fact that the forensic testing was completed.
Yep we would only know if LE deign to share. So frustrating.

So why did a searcher go and ask RL if they could search on his property at 06.30 p.m on the 13th? Why would they ask but not search? That doesn't make any sense IMO.

Wasn't locals who asked RL for permission to search? At that time, they thought the girls were "just missing". ( I believe there was a video with RL saying this)

I found it:

VIDEO: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TT7NoIJr5zE.
@ .50 into video RL says neighbors asked for permission to look "back here"

Transcript for Jean Casarez show:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/20/ptab.01.html

LOGAN: Yes, that`s true. I did not find out about it until after about 6:30 PM in the afternoon. People stopped here and asked for permission to
go back on my property and said two girls were missing, and that`s the first I heard about it

Since, MP feels his Libby put up a fight, she may have been pistol whipped and more. These crimes took time. They were not marched to the final crime scene and shot. I believe a deer sled was involved in transporting, after the murders, and then rolled over onto RLs land, on purpose, and with ill intent, of explicitly implicating him in the crimes knowing his weak propensity to drink and drive. JMO

The second crime scene may be plausible, but it really doesn't make much sense. The most popular theory of 2nd location is the crime taking place in the Mears outbuilding. If that is true, then why move the bodies at all? It makes zero sense to move the bodies and endanger yourself being caught when the whole town is on high alert looking for them or suspicious activity. If it was just to be found, they would have inevitably been found in that small barn. What indication is there that this crime took time? It could have been over 10 minutes after the audio was recorded. Is there any evidence that disputes this?

Framing RL makes as much sense as any other explanation for them coming all the way back to dump the bodies, although still not worth the risk. It would be extremely brazen or plain stupid to move bodies less than a mile just to implicate an old man with no violent history. According to RLs wife, the police have time stamped video of RL in other places during the time that the crime occurred. I highly doubt she would defend him so robustly and publicly if this weren't the case. RL for me is 100% not involved in the criminal act, thought it may be possible that he knows something, but that's it. I would happily admit I was wrong if it meant LE had the evidence to charge him and ultimately solve this, I just don't see it.

Occam's Razor for me. I strongly believe the sight of the crime happened very near to where they were found. I also believe it was a single person mostly acting on opportunity. I would be interested to know if anyone has any statistic on how often more than one person (versus one perpetrator) commit a murder on a minor. I would be surprised if a single perpetrator wasn't the overwhelming majority of cases. MO and not looking at facts, but you would need numerous very sick people.

Many people are thinking of every motive under the sun that this could happen, but the fact of the matter is there aren't many things those girls could have done/seen/heard to warrant MURDERING them. For me, the motive is one psychopath/sociopath plus two beautiful and innocent girls and a small window of opportunity. No drugs or pregnancy or abuse and certainly no occult conspiracy. Again MOO, but I believe that the perpetrator was calm, calculating, and thorough, and may have done it before.[/QUOTE]

Good post. My thoughts exactly! One man, one voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is from ISP this evening, 5/23, incident was this past weekend.
Though it's a different location, (an hour or so north of Delphi) gender of teens and time of day, etc... scary. I've seen a lot of comments on FB about the possibility of BG pretending to be a cop or something with a badge and authority, so...

DNR NEWS
Division of Law Enforcement

Indiana Department of Natural Resources
402 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2748

For immediate release: May 23, 2017

Indiana Conservation Officers Investigating Report of Police Impersonator

La Porte, Indiana- Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating a complaint of a possible police impersonator at Kingsbury Fish & Wildlife Area over the weekend.

On May 19 at approximately 11:30 p.m., three teenagers were fishing near the Kankakee River when they were approached by an individual who implied he was a law enforcement officer.

The teenagers said the incident began when a dark colored Ford Crown Victoria with a bumper guard pulled into the area and shined a spot light on them. A white male in his early 20s exited the vehicle and approached them. He was described as wearing dark colored BDU style (Cargo) pants, carrying a holstered handgun and a large knife.

The unidentified person approached the three teens, told them he was responding on behalf of DNR to a complaint of someone shooting a high-powered rifle, and asked to see their fishing licenses.Neither Indiana Conservation Officers Central Dispatch Center nor the La Porte County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint of anyone shooting a high-powered rifle at Kingsbury FWA at any time Friday.

Typically, an Indiana Conservation Officer will conduct a fishing license check but any police officer is authorized to check for a fishing or hunting license. Indiana Conservation Officers assigned to regular field patrol typically drive a fully marked pick-up truck or SUV and wear a complete uniform with a badge and shoulder patches. Officers working in plain clothes will identify themselves by producing a badge and law enforcement credentials.

This is believed to be an isolated incident and the information is being shared for public awareness. If anyone has information regarding this incident, call Indiana Conservation Officers Central Dispatch at 812-837-9536

-30-

Media contact: Tyler Brock, DNR Law Enforcement, (260) 499-0948

For full details, view this message on the web.

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

Can anyone comment about the accuracy of voice recognition software used by law enforcement? Given the audio clip (and perhaps it's just general procedure) would LE have recordings of everyone POI they've talked to? How long does it take to compare voice samples?

This story caught my interest also!
This is from ISP this evening, 5/23, incident was this past weekend.
Though it's a different location, (an hour or so north of Delphi) gender of teens and time of day, etc... scary. I've seen a lot of comments on FB about the possibility of BG pretending to be a cop or something with a badge and authority, so...

DNR NEWS

Indiana Department of Natural Resources
402 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2748

For immediate release: May 23, 2017

Indiana Conservation Officers Investigating Report of Police Impersonator

La Porte, Indiana- Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating a complaint of a possible police impersonator at Kingsbury Fish & Wildlife Area over the weekend.

On May 19 at approximately 11:30 p.m., three teenagers were fishing near the Kankakee River when they were approached by an individual who implied he was a law enforcement officer.

The teenagers said the incident began when a dark colored Ford Crown Victoria with a bumper guard pulled into the area and shined a spot light on them. A white male in his early 20s exited the vehicle and approached them. He was described as wearing dark colored BDU style (Cargo) pants, carrying a holstered handgun and a large knife.

The unidentified person approached the three teens, told them he was responding on behalf of DNR to a complaint of someone shooting a high-powered rifle, and asked to see their fishing licenses.Neither Indiana Conservation Officers Central Dispatch Center nor the La Porte County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint of anyone shooting a high-powered rifle at Kingsbury FWA at any time Friday.

Typically, an Indiana Conservation Officer will conduct a fishing license check but any police officer is authorized to check for a fishing or hunting license. Indiana Conservation Officers assigned to regular field patrol typically drive a fully marked pick-up truck or SUV and wear a complete uniform with a badge and shoulder patches. Officers working in plain clothes will identify themselves by producing a badge and law enforcement credentials.

This is believed to be an isolated incident and the information is being shared for public awareness. If anyone has information regarding this incident, call Indiana Conservation Officers Central Dispatch at 812-837-9536

-30-

Media contact: Tyler Brock, DNR Law Enforcement, (260) 499-0948

For full details, view this message on the web.

[video=youtube;LZuglMjNHwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZuglMjNHwQ[/video]

Respectfully snipped.

BG is thought to be older though correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharlee