IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
My simplest explanation -- and this is based on visiting the bridge and surrounding area:

BG is on the bridge in the background of a video on Libby's phone. They think nothing of his presence because the bridge is close to home/a place people go to hike/there are two of them.

When BG reaches them on the south end of the bridge, he says something along the lines of 'You girls can't be up here right now.'

The girls turn to go back to the north side of the bridge.

He blocks their way and says '[No.] Down the hill.' and directs them to the narrow track that leads down the hill to the access road/driveway. (This is the easiest and clearest place to go 'down the hill'. It cannot be done from the other/north side.)

BG would have been posing -- or merely implying -- that he was an authority figure, maybe connected with the bridge or the railroad or one of the properties down below. He doesn't look like a walker or hiker, but he does look like a laborer of some kind.

Not sure when the violence began or whether he had a gun or weapon. I'm just proposing the simplest strategy for catching the girls off guard and getting them to follow his commands.

I fully agree with you. That would be the most "secure" way for BG "routing" the girls to less frequented areas "down the hill",

I´m dealing with another question:

Has anyone in Delphi experimented, if screams from the crime scene near the creek could be heard „up the hill“ on the hiking trail ? Is there any information about this question ?

All of this time I have been thinking that it might have been someone that knew school was going to be out and that's why he was there. However, the girls were on the bridge at 2pm and later. Here, school lets out at 2:30. He might not have even known that they didn't have school that day. He could have gotten there around 2 and figured he'd just hang around for a few hours, hoping that some school kids would come by when they let out. (Just a thought. My own theory is that this is random and the girls weren't targeted at all.)

This is exactly what I think happened. If the crime had occurred in the morning, then I'd be more likely to suspect that he knew school was out that day. I think it's just like you said that he did go there looking for victims, but he just sort of waited around to see who showed up in the afternoon. If he's a serial rapist or SK who targets kids from different areas, he'd have a pretty good idea that school lets out around 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. just about anywhere in the country.

Or, he might have killed a college girl, if she had been there that day. Purdue is so close that I wonder if any of those kids ever walked the trails or took pictures on the bridge when they didn't have classes one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I´m dealing with another question:

Has anyone in Delphi experimented, if screams from the crime scene near the creek could be heard „up the hill“ on the hiking trail ? Is there any information about this question ?

No, not that I've noticed posted here but thinking about it, odds are that people from Delphi know one or both of the families, who according to media sources have placed their faith in LE solving the crime. The rail bridge is now closed to the public.

LE have released the cellphone audio capturing the words "down the hill" but have not released the full audio. So they indeed have possible evidence of other sounds or voices, it's just that we don't know what they know.

No, not that I've noticed posted here but thinking about it, odds are that people from Delphi know one or both of the families, who according to media sources have placed their faith in LE solving the crime. The rail bridge is now closed to the public.

LE have released the cellphone audio capturing the words "down the hill" but have not released the full audio. So they indeed have possible evidence of other sounds or voices, it's just that we don't know what they know.

Sorry, as I´m not an English native speaker, my question may be unclear. What I mean is, that possible screams of the girls at the creek may not been heard by hikers on the trail at the same time, as acoustic noise from the creek in general would not reach to the higher up situated trail.

What do you think?

Thank you for answers.

In several media reports, it's mentioned "volunteers" found the bodies. That it was a lone searcher I think originally sprung from the rumour that it was the same person who asked permission to search the previous evening. It's an example how if something is repeated enough times, it (mistakingly) becomes fact. MOO

"The bodies were discovered by search volunteers Tuesday along a railroad bridge near Dear Creek in Delphi, about 70 miles northwest of Indianapolis, the Carroll County Sheriff's Office said in a statement."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/us/indiana-missing-girls-bodies-identified/

I'm pretty sure that it was a lone searcher. RL actually states in the video that it was his neighbor who found the girls.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.co...-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/amp/

"The gruesome discovery was made on Ron Logan’s 40-acre lot by a neighbor who volunteered to help with the search."

http://www.wthr.com/article/police-...elphi-are-missing-teens-searching-for-suspect

"One of the hundreds of volunteers searching for the friends discovered their bodies..."

This thread will be closing in about 10 minutes. Get ready to move to a new thread shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid