Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing he threatened to harm himself and the kids (from her 911 call) and knowing that he was the suspect LE had in the cross hairs really makes me wonder about the decision that the kids stay with him. This is was a desperate time for SM. He could so easily have snapped and harmed the kids and himself. Risky!

The call to 911 didn't result in any action by CPS or the police or anything, so I'm not sure they could take the kids based on that... I also don't think they had him in their crosshairs until just a few days before the arrest. Remember the Sheriff said they received additional footage from Motel 6 that they were analyzing? The first footage didn't yield anything of value but I think the new stuff did and then they were able to narrow down on SM.

If you registered t to your Apple ID when you set it up, can you go into findmyiphone and do a system wipe remotely? I don't think you have to have backed it up to do that.

Oops, I forgot to mention: I can't wipe it because I would loose valuable info. Its not just photos, it has content that is irreplaceable.

Knowing he threatened to harm himself and the kids (from her 911 call) and knowing that he was the suspect LE had in the cross hairs really makes me wonder about the decision that the kids stay with him. This is was a desperate time for SM. He could so easily have snapped and harmed the kids and himself. Risky!

I really wonder why CPS was not investigating from that incident in March? Could they have investigated and nothing came of it?

I wonder where she told SM she was going to be if not home with the kids. I wonder if they had any sort of weekend rotation with the kids where one parent would be with them, giving her every other weekend to do whatever. I wonder if it was common for her to be gone as much as possible (I would!). If it was normal for her to be home like it was prior to their divorce, I do wonder what she told him she was doing when gone for the weekend, if that wasn't her usual routine.

I wonder the same thing. Wasn't she still employed with ExpressJet? I suppose she could have told him she'd be out of town on a flight. Or perhaps she just said she'd be at the townhouse overseeing the renovations. I agree with you though, their living situation sounded so tense. I wouldn't want to be there either. Judging by how everyone was saying she couldn't wait to move on, I wonder if she regretted the decision to stay with him in the first place.

Thanks for this. Wow. :( So if the kids didn't see anything, they must have been in a different part of the house or outside or something? Seems like they could have walked in at any minute and seen their father doing this to her. Did he just not care at that point? If they had walked in, would he have come to his senses and stopped? I certainly hope so.

Oops, I forgot to mention: I can't wipe it because I would loose valuable info. Its not just photos, it has content that is irreplaceable.

Oh man. You're definitely up a creek with no paddle! I hope you can find a solution, because that sucks!

I think that contradicts what the sheriff said last night. Kids were at home but did not see him murder her.

Just going by what the article says.

"Investigators say Crystal's ex-husband, Steven McDowell, confessed to killing her, and Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne says she was strangled in the living room of his home. Crystal had reportedly gone there to pick up her children. They were not present at the time of the killing, the sheriff said."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the official obit yet. The information for her funeral was posted on her uncles FB page this morning. Earthman's has not update their site to include information for Crystal.

I really wonder why CPS was not investigating from that incident in March? Could they have investigated and nothing came of it?

I recall something like "they were returned unharmed"? Not sure what that means in regards to CPS?

It's her word against his and they were going through a divorce. He could have said if he was so concerning to have the kids around why would she ask the court to let him keep one. He probably claimed it was a false accusation

I think that contradicts what the sheriff said last night. I thought he said the kids were at home but did not see him murder her.

The article just says they weren't present at the time of the killing. I think that means the weren't in the living room.

"Investigators say Crystal's ex-husband, Steven McDowell, confessed to killing her, and Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne says she was strangled in the living room of his home. Crystal had reportedly gone there to pick up her children. They were not present at the time of the killing, the sheriff said."

Thanks, that does not say they were not home. It says they were not present. So they could have been in their bedrooms while he killed her in the living room.

So perhaps this is what led to him killing her. She shows up to pick them up and they weren't there. He and she argue over that and he looses it?

Obviously pure speculation but I could see going to pick up kids and kids aren't there during a divorce/seperation would cause some issues.

The article just says they weren't present at the time of the killing. I think that means the weren't in the living room.

I see what your saying. I took it the other way. I wish he would clarify it further. Thanks for pointing that out[emoji6]

Maybe they were in school?

Wonder why her phone final ping was on Park? that is other side of town from SM home or the Motel 6. But it is close to her Townhouse. Maybe that was the plan for them to think she was maybe abducted from her townhouse? That veh should have GPS. Not sure how it works on cars that flooded. Can you get that info some other way? Did they try to get her location from the GPS on the car? I thinking didn't work since took 4 days to find (thinking out loud sorry if been spoken about) I have been following but probably missed a bunch map.JPG

It's her word against his and they were going through a divorce. He could have said if he was so concerning to have the kids around why would she ask the court to let him keep one. He probably claimed it was a false accusation

Possibly. Or maybe she backed off the account of what really happened because she was a afraid of SM. Maybe she changed her story when police arrived. I just hate that there were warning signs but none seem strong enough to have prevented her murder. :(

According to the map in this video the distance between the house and the motel is Approx. 3.25 miles. It would not take SM long to jog that distance. He could have done the whole thing, including dumping her body and ditching the car in under an hour if he ran from the motel back home. JMO.

I think he possibly used Uber, etc. and that's another piece of evidence they presented him with. He also could have just left her in the car and parked it in a super flooded area, too, so I dont think he thought things thru very well.

I see what your saying. I took it the other way. I wish he would clarify it further. Thanks for pointing that out[emoji6]

You never know what this sheriff means... he isn't the most concise communicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl