Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that contradicts what the sheriff said last night. I thought he said the kids were at home but did not see him murder her.

-This erratic reporting is beyond me. The inconsistencies are ongoing with each update. Any clue why, and why it wouldn't be addressed for public correction? Most reports are quickly issued correction and modified in cases with error or not clarified. I don't get it?

Maybe they were in school?

Wonder why her phone final ping was on Park? that is other side of town from SM home or the Motel 6. But it is close to her Townhouse. Maybe that was the plan for them to think she was maybe abducted from her townhouse? That veh should have GPS. Not sure how it works on cars that flooded. Can you get that info some other way? Did they try to get her location from the GPS on the car? I thinking didn't work since took 4 days to find (thinking out loud sorry if been spoken about) I have been following but probably missed a bunch
attachment.php

School was canceled that day due to the hurricane coming.

The cell phone ping is close to Steve's workplace. Perhaps he held onto her phone for a couple days to read some of her messages (or send fake ones) and then threw it off a bridge on his way to work. Her phone pinged several days after she went missing so he did not destroy it right away. JMO.

Wait... so did they buy and move into this house after they filed for divorce?

ETA I looked up the deed and it looks like it was entered in 07.25.2017, but it was in his name only.

What is the address?

Just going by what the article says.

"Investigators say Crystal's ex-husband, Steven McDowell, confessed to killing her, and Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne says she was strangled in the living room of his home. Crystal had reportedly gone there to pick up her children. They were not present at the time of the killing, the sheriff said."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM, to me, IMO, not the same as "not home".

ETA: Just saw the other comments. Not directed at you AM75, just the Sheriff not speaking clearly as to exactly where the children were but maybe for good reason. Who knows just yet.

The cell phone ping is close to Steve's workplace. Perhaps he held onto her phone for a couple days to read some of her messages (or send fake ones) and then threw it off a bridge on his way to work. Her phone pinged several days after she went missing so he did not destroy it right away. JMO.

You've got the wrong Needlepoint Rd. She was found on the Needlepoint Rd that you can see right behind their neighborhood.

Jumping off your post...Curious why Legends Bay subdivision is said to be where they lived? I reference this as to my question to where the Chambers County Sheriff Office said they have welfare call to. That Subdivision does not have a street by that name. There is a street in Chambers County (as stated in the statement- but it is in Seabrook Tx Chambers County)

Chambers County Sheriff's Office
September 9 at 9:04pm ·
On Saturday, August 26, the Chambers County Sheriff’s Office received a call regarding a welfare concern for 37 year old Crystal Seratte McDowell, of the 4000 block of Bay Vista Drive in west Chambers County. https://www.facebook.com/4575487009...1830.457548700999996/1472031842885005/?type=3

Is Bay Vista Drive the Townhouse?
Google: Bay Vista Dr Baytown, TX

It looks like Google maps either has the street name wrong or the name has changed since the lots were sold.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You never know what this sheriff means... he isn't the most concise communicator.

-So if they were in another room, did he clean up the living room quickly?
Wouldn't they ask where she went? Why her car was in the garage? Sorry, i'm grappling.

Would they need this info clarified before today's hearing to properly assess?

Wouldn't they ask where she went? Why her car was in the garage? Sorry, i'm grappling.

IMHO I think that the kids were one of the keys in this process but that is just my speculation. They are old enough to know if Mommy's car was there even if they never saw her or if they did see her and were sent to their room or locked in/out or told to stay/go to certain area of the house, etc.

My kids are little but have enough understanding of literal events to be interviewed and answer accurately.

Again, pure speculation on my part. They could have been at a sitters for all I know.

Her phone messages were definitely an asset for him to have while she was missing. It would provide timeline info for him to have for his initial LE questioning. Less stumbling on when she was here versus there. A good precise benchmark for him to go off of...in attempts to shadow him on suspect...
JMO

-This erratic reporting is beyond me. The inconsistencies are ongoing with each update. Any clue why, and why it wouldn't be addressed for public correction? Most reports are quickly issued correction and modified in cases with error or not clarified. I don't get it?

This happens on every case where reporters try to put things in their own words and end up saying something that could have a different meaning than what actually happened. Saying the children were "not present" is not the same thing as saying they were not at home. It *could* mean "not at home" but we have other statements from LE saying they WERE at home but didn't witness her being killed. Whenever we have two different accounts of something, I choose go with with what LE, witness statements and legal documents say over something written in the reporter's own words. JMO.

Google: Bay Vista Dr Baytown, TX

It looks like Google maps either has the street name wrong or the name has changed since the lots were sold.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I found it from the deed then looking uop the lot number Thank you

OK. I know this is the correct home because I looked up the deed. Then I took the legal description and matched it with the addresses on Bay Vista Drive.
This is the same home that Crystal has listed on her Real Estate page (It is Steve's home but she using it as advertisement)
https://www.facebook.com/CrystalMcDowellRealtor/posts/1257957277667463

Crystal McDowell, Realtor added 2 new photos — feeling excited.
August 13 at 9:06pm ·
*** BARBERS HILL ISD *** Starting In The Low 200s! LOW Tax Rate 1.9% and only $270 per year HOA! Builder Incentives To Assist With Closing Costs! Oversized Lots, 3 Car Garage, 1 & 2 Story Options! Great Deals on Move-In Ready Homes or Build On Your Own Lot! Together We CAN Do This!! Appointment Only! Call Me *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX And Let's Make A Plan To Get You Into A Brand New Home!
#MakingHomeOwnershipGoalsAReality
Crystal McDowell
Realtor, CNE

She is list those properties so she could have made a profit off that sale too? Could be another factor he buys the house (deed just transferred on July 25, 2017) thinking she is going to stay there??? That is a huge house. On top of all the other things that he learned within that week. (She had a BF)

07/25/2017 123654 DEED OF TRUST OPR 1750 693
MCDOWELL
MORTGAGE ELECTRONIC REG SYSTEMS INC-NOMI
XXXXXXXXXXXX MORTGAGE LLC

County Type: DEED OF TRUST

Surely if the kids weren't home on that day whoever was minding them would have said when they were searching for Crystal? They wouldn't have been at school because I was of the understanding that the schools were closed.

the eldest child is nearly 9 and I have a 10 year old. My son would most definitely have come out of his room to investigate if there was shouting or a ruckus....he is very perceptive and I would struggle to have him at home and kill someone without him knowing irrespective of the time of day !
the kids bedrooms are upstairs?
purely speculation, but perhaps there was no shouting or arguing....perhaps he lay in waiting and attacked when she walked in the door...covered her mouth. No screaming, no arguing....

This happens on every case where reporters try to put things in their own words and end up saying something that could have a different meaning than what actually happened. Saying the children were "not present" is not the same thing as saying they were not at home. It *could* mean "not at home" but we have other statements from LE saying they WERE at home but didn't witness her being killed. Whenever we have two different accounts of something, I choose go with with what LE, witness statements and legal documents say over something written in the reporter's own words. JMO.

Thanks, yes i'm with you on that. My questions though are solely regarding the Sheriffs spoken accounting, narrative, reports, findings, etc. They contain inconsistencies. I'm confused by it and can't think of a reason for it other than he is in over his head.

IMHO I think that the kids were one of the keys in this process but that is just my speculation. They are old enough to know if Mommy's car was there even if they never saw her or if they did see her and were sent to their room or locked in/out or told to stay/go to certain area of the house, etc.

My kids are little but have enough understanding of literal events to be interviewed and answer accurately.

Again, pure speculation on my part. They could have been at a sitters for all I know.

Did they go to daycare? Could he have taken then prior to her getting there?

Surely if the kids weren't home on that day whoever was minding them would have said when they were searching for Crystal? They wouldn't have been at school because I was of the understanding that the schools were closed.

the eldest child is nearly 9 and I have a 10 year old. My son would most definitely have come out of his room to investigate if there was shouting or a ruckus....he is very perceptive and I would struggle to have him at home and kill someone without him knowing irrespective of the time of day !
the kids bedrooms are upstairs?
purely speculation, but perhaps there was no shouting or arguing....perhaps he lay in waiting and attacked when she walked in the door...covered her mouth. No screaming, no arguing....

I saw on new I believe Monday? That the Houston schools first day of school so that may been for that district also?

Light colored carpet in the rooms. The living room/family room is coming in front door and straight back. There is ceramic tile at entry.
It was raining that morning. I feel sure she had a garage door opener in her car. So opens garage, (SM) hears? She drives in anc closes the garage door. No one sees anything. Not even her car there.
https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner