IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that statement to basically say he's not talking to them. He's not providing an alibi nor providing a confession. They have to build a case to arrest him. He's also not required to give DNA without a warrant, so they may be working to prepare that so they can do testing.
Yes! Was just going to ask this- can he refuse a DNA test? Provided they do not have his DNA for prior arrests???

For folks not familiar with it, the IMAGES discussion associated with this case is a gem. We have some talented members who posted some really great stuff over there:

This is Page 6:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...illiams-13-amp-Liberty-German-14-Delphi/page6

Member WebSight shared this great post over there, a mirror image of the left side of BG's face:

attachment.php

FD thanks for posting the link.

Really helpful and the image expert there is a Verified Expert.

For folks not familiar with it, the IMAGES discussion associated with this case is a gem. We have some talented members who posted some really great stuff over there:

This is Page 6:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...illiams-13-amp-Liberty-German-14-Delphi/page6

Member WebSight shared this great post over there, a mirror image of the left side of BG's face:

attachment.php

ETA- especially if he is innocent of this crime but does not want to incriminate himself in others??? FTR I am still on the fence.

Don't read anything into ISP's statement other than exactly what was stated - they haven't developed any evidence that includes or excludes him as a suspect in the murders - it is all they are going to say.

Translation - 'this is an open investigation and we aren't telling you anything".

Being impatient and disappointed is one thing. Taking it out on LE by accusing them of lying, scheming, or being incompetent doesn't seem to me to be the best way to deal with it, though.

Maybe while we're waiting some of you would like to hop over to the Unidentified forum and see if your sleuthing skills can help us bring other victims home to their families. We have thousands of cases looking for help.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I hear ya, but I get defensive on WSers' behalf when I sense reprimands at reactions.

I'm rusty at my scrolling-'n-rolling skills and today might be a good day to practice.

jmopinion....

Looks like Indiana LE didn't get a confession out of him. The media may present this as his being cleared, but no way. I know how aggressive public defenders are here in Colorado (I used to be one), and I'm sure he was instructed to remain silent. I apologize if I'm jumping to conclusions...I guess at this point I don't at all know if DN spoke with LE or not...but it seems to me a good public defender would have seriously tried to discourage it.

This is Page 6:

attachment.php

This is where I get stuck. DN definitely resembles the sketch, but IMO he does not resemble this image at all.

Things that MATCH:
1) Reddish brown hair.
2) Similar nose
3) Similar large bridge of nose
4) Indiana plates
5) Lived within reasonable distance to Delphi
6) History of RSO
7) Wandering around on trails with weapon

Things that Don't Match:
1) Apparent age in sketch vs DN
2) Chasing after people vs stalking.

How do we know RSO is a match?
DN hasn't been convicted of running around with a weapon on trails, has he?
Personally the nose is off. The sketch shows a different bridge and tip. That's a meh... I see it because I have drawn plenty and my favorite is with pencil.

Ears don't match but if they are tucked who could know.

Yes! Was just going to ask this- can he refuse a DNA test? Provided they do not have his DNA for prior arrests???
Yes, he can. A warrant is required and judges are often reluctant to sign off on one unless there's a pretty strong case. Taking DNA as an investigative tool isn't generally allowed. But discarded DNA isn't protected. That's why the crime show trope of getting the suspect's drinking straw, coffee cup, or cigarette butt is used so often.

Long time lurker here, I read this thread every day but haven't felt I had anything more to contribute but enjoy reading everyone's theories. I've spent the last couple of days trying to find a crime scene photograph and can't seem to locate it. Does anyone else recall a crime scene photo with a tree that looked as if it had been chopped/cut. If I recall correctly it was suggested it may have been done by a beaver however with the hatchet being mentioned I was interested in having another look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-13-Feb-2017-49/page6&p=13311072#post13311072

I hear ya, but I get defensive on WSers' behalf when I sense reprimands at reactions.

I'm rusty at my scrolling-'n-rolling skills and today might be a good day to practice.

jmopinion....
I didn't mean to reprimand or criticize anyone...I had my own overreaction post but caughtbmyself before I hit post...

How do we know RSO is a match?
DN hasn't been convicted of running around with a weapon on trails, has he?
Personally the nose is off. The sketch shows a different bridge and tip. That's a meh... I see it because I have drawn plenty and my favorite is with pencil.

Ears don't match but if they are tucked who could know.
SGT Holeman has stated (on camera) it (the sketch) may not be an exact match because it was compiled from several eyewitnesses. Each person see's things differently.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Still cautiously optimistic. Albeit less optimistic than last week. Candle still burning, tho. May God comfort & bring peace to the families at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

One would have to ask "why" he would want to be cycling for 6 hours to Delphi in Feb in Indiana. We have found nothing to link him to Delphi, IMO.

There is a bridge over White River that he could very well have been living under. It's just over half a mile from the Morgan County Sheriff's office in Martinsville.

He seemed to be tied to the southwest side of Indy. Maybe someone can find out what that tie is.

I don't think he's the Delphi killer.

Per What we know about Delphi 'person of interest' (from 10/2):

Most recently, he moved to Morgan County on Jan. 31 and told authorities he was homeless, living under an Indiana 67 bridge, Abel said.

Scanning Google maps, Rte 67 is very flat the entire length of Morgan county, and there are no significant bridges, except for over tiny creeks that aren't really livable. But the one over the White River you mentioned is on Rte 39, just 700 feet from the intersection with 67. That very well may be the bridge.

Sex offenders who are homeless are required to check in with authorities every seven days, Abel said. Nations was present for each of his weekly checkups, including one on Feb. 14 — the same day German's and Williams' bodies were found.

That's significant--he would have had to make it back to Morgan county within a day after the killing. It's feasible he could have done it by bike, but it would be an ambitious 90 mile trek over 7 or more hours. I don't think I'd be able to stand after that much riding.

I'm totally confused. Does this mean they don't have DNA to compare to DN's?

I haven't been on the last few days, but I was actually going to ask the same thing....

DN resembles BG, no doubt about it....BUT

1) Being that he is a RSO, shouldn't Indiana already have his DNA on file, and should've already been able to link him via DNA at the crime scene?

OR

2) Is there no crime scene DNA, and short of a confession, nothing at all to link DN to this crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125