IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that statement to basically say he's not talking to them. He's not providing an alibi nor providing a confession. They have to build a case to arrest him. He's also not required to give DNA without a warrant, so they may be working to prepare that so they can do testing.

I believe when arrested for a felony you have to get DNA in CO. Also, in an earlier article LE stated they received his DNA last week. I'm taking the statement from ISP as this is just a waiting game for results. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awww... NewMama, you still shouldv'e kept your version up as is, anyway.
AgentApricot's post only listed the URL. Many of us on here prefer to read the most of what we can on this thread in the posts, rather than have to switch out and open a new site. So, more information is always appreciated - especially since you had already taken the time to write somethiing! :)

ETA, just saw that -Nin had captured it all in a quoted reply - yay! :)

I was held up by a train (those long ones my parents used to turn the car off for) and decided to glance at my email. After I pasted it in I realized it may have violated the 10% rule and I was going to be otherwise engaged for several hours so I chopped it after I saw Agent Apricot had a link. Plus, you know, the replies would have eaten space and I didn’t want to anger the WS Gods. It’s nice to see so many looking out for Abby & Libby.

If he's arrested for a felony in CO he has to provide a DNA sample.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/dna-arrestee-database-collection

That's what I was just getting ready to say, but want to add:

"(a) Every adult arrested on or after September 30, 2010, for a felony offense or for THE INVESTIGATION OF A FELONY offense. The arresting law enforcement agency shall collect the biological substance sample from the arrested person as part of the booking process." ❤️ Katie's Law

I imagine that Indiana LE has their hands full evaluating all the evidence collected by Colorado LE regarding DN, his wife, their car, their whereabouts between May and now, and interviewing all the people they can trace to them. It's not just about DNA. Even the smallest piece of evidence from the car could potentially break the case. Itv makes the most sense for LE to first have all the "ducks in a row" before they make any official statement as to involvement in Delphi case.

Indiana LE started searching for DN one day after the sketch came out...and I wonder if that was because someone recognized DN as possibly being the man in the sketch.

My apologies- I should have looked ahead. Nothing like showing up late and echoing previous comments. Carry on! 😉

he is descripted as 5'9 and 190 lbs in one of his charges. My guess he lost weight from the time of the sketch to the time he was arrested. I think the picture and the sketch are very similar.

I agree. As they kept saying in earlier threads, a lot of these guys looks change after their evil deeds.
And transients, and exhibitionist have been considered harmless in our society, but I've been reading more and more lately that that is not necessarily so...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For folks not familiar with it, the IMAGES discussion associated with this case is a gem. We have some talented members who posted some really great stuff over there:

This is Page 6:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...illiams-13-amp-Liberty-German-14-Delphi/page6

Member WebSight shared this great post over there, a mirror image of the left side of BG's face:

attachment.php

[emoji33] that freaks me out....! That makes BG look younger than I initially thought.

Does the suspect really look like Bridge Guy photo? Hard to tell.

The sketch looks sort of like him. He looks odd though. Surprised the sketch isn't a better match. Still reasonably close though?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

All MOO Just jumping of this post to say that in the MSM link posted above the video portion has LE stating that the bridge picture of BG is not good quality and could be anyone w a beard. LE is stating they are encouraged by the release of the composite sketch and feel someone could recognize BG.

Libby's video pic gives a general body type, gender, clothing etc..and the composite sketch provides the facial features ( generally). So maybe think of bridge pic as the body and sketch is the face.

DN mugshots vary in looking more or less like the composite sketch but imo the one from his arrest in late Feb. '17 is very similar. I believe we have not been given the go ahead to post any of his pics here so I will hold off on that. All just MOO

Yes! Anyone who was on the trail Feb.13 or the weeks prior, if a guy there asked for money or cigarettes PLEASE call it in. It could be a missing piece of this puzzle and the info could turn out to be very valuable. imho

IMO, I don't think he is talking, whether on his own or on the advice of an attorney.
That would be sensible if he doesn't want a voice match done. Can he also refuse a polygraph? Previous POI's were given them IIRC.

What are you thinking?

I really don't know.
I like how just above a poster was wondering about touch DNA and how long it takes.

I would expect its it's going to take time to match if they have any, no matter how much they have.

Perhaps they have mix or cross contaminated DNA? I wouldn't expect it to be shared with the public. All speculation from me.

That would be sensible if he doesn't want a voice match done. Can he also refuse a polygraph? Previous POI's were given them IIRC.

Yes, he can refuse a polygraph. Polygraphs are not mandatory and are not admissible in a court of law. IMO, I think many people assume if someone refuses a polygraph that someone is therefore guilty.

Rude or disrespectful posts are not tolerated and will be removed. If you see one that meets that criteria, please Alert on it and do not respond. There is no need for our more gracious and respectful posters to grace them with an apology.

:tyou:

Folks have brought up clothing, mainly what BG was wearing that day.

Members went around and around with the light jacket BG is wearing, saying "oh a young person would never wear that", comments along those lines.

Would an unhinged killer care about what they're wearing, while "on the prowl"? The jacket reminds me of one mt great-uncle had many years ago, on his dairy farm in western New York. I'd call it "farm work wear". Enough to keep the wind and light precipitation away.

Now if BG=DN, wouldn't folks think that a lot of what he has to wear was given to him, or was purchased at thrift stores, or stolen?

I've always thought the outfit was thrift store clothes, bought to be discarded after the crime. Whether or not the murderer is the current POI or not, I don't see this as a rage killing, but as planned (not necessarily with Abby and Libby in mine, but the killer looking for any target). MOO

I imagine that Indiana LE has their hands full evaluating all the evidence collected by Colorado LE regarding DN, his wife, their car, their whereabouts between May and now, and interviewing all the people they can trace to them. It's not just about DNA. Even the smallest piece of evidence from the car could potentially break the case. Itv makes the most sense for LE to first have all the "ducks in a row" before they make any official statement as to involvement in Delphi case.

Indiana LE started searching for DN one day after the sketch came out...and I wonder if that was because someone recognized DN as possibly being the man in the sketch.
Would they have seized all his clothes and impounded the car?

I've always thought the outfit was thrift store clothes, bought to be discarded after the crime. Whether or not the murderer is the current POI or not, I don't see this as a rage killing, but as planned (not necessarily with Abby and Libby in mine, but the killer looking for any target). MOO

Good point about 'any target'. Maybe that was the case here. Some crimes are not necessarily sexually motivated, but just to kill...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member