Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little surprised there has been no new news about this case.

Maybe give it some time.

Yeah, I too have to wonder why SP doesn't remember how it all started, the type of vehicle she was taken away it, it could have been a sports car for all I know and not the van she was dropped off in

Those sketches very much bother me because they don't look like real people. They look an artistic representation of a racial stereotype. I fear that's exactly what these sketches are... only the artist isn't aware of it because he merely drew what SP described to him.

Racial stereotype? I guess I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. Also, if she were making up something out of thin air, she wouldn’t have to pretend their faces were partially covered. She could say she caught a glimpse of them when they were unaware (or that their faces were not covered at All). In fact, after that much time (if this were a hoax), I’d expect her to concoct something with more detail, thinking it’d help to convince people. (Liars tend to work extra hard to make their stories believable.) But if her captors took measures to keep her “in the dark” (literally and figuratively) for three weeks, then we’d expect her to have difficulty providing information (apart from whatever impact the traumatic experience caused her).

I am a little surprised there has been no new news about this case.

Maybe give it some time.

Yeah, I too have to wonder why SP doesn't remember how it all started, the type of vehicle she was taken away it, it could have been a sports car for all I know and not the van she was dropped off in

Do we know for sure that she doesn’t remember how it started? Is that a fact and I somehow missed it (and I could have!) in the news?

Thanks for explaining what you meant. I overlooked the tiny caption, so now I see where the word is used. The basic meaning of capture is “to seize by force” (as in “troops captured the city”) so technically the writer is accurate. But as you point out, the word is sometimes used meaning to “catch” someone who has escaped or who is being sought by LE. So I can see why that hit you as odd. Since the writer had already used the word “kidnapping” in the same sentence, I suspect he used “capture” just to vary his wording, rather than implying anything else. The word “disappearance” would have been more accurate IMO.

It's the word the journalist used. It's in printed under the video.
It's an odd choice of wording.

IMO, someone who breaks out of jail, or is evading someone gets "captured".
Being taken, kidnapped or abducted seems to be a more appropriate term.

I found it an odd term for the article.

https://www.today.com/video/new-clu...ini-kidnap-mystery-1-year-later-1102892611964

92bdd841257dd1b950309ad3481bcfdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do we know for sure that she doesn’t remember how it started? Is that a fact and I somehow missed it (and I could have!) in the news?

I don’t believe we know for sure that she doesn’t remember how it started. I don’t recall any information about that, except her description of the vehicle. But nothing about how they got her into the car. She may have told LE but LE hasn’t told us AFAIK.

I don't understand why this has not been put away in the unsolved mystery file. Personally, I have always thought that SP knows all the answers to everyone's questions about the matter. Clearly, she would , it seems, prefer not to be forthcoming with the answers. I'm not sure if LE is continuing to investigate in hopes of SP suddenly having a recollection, or if they are pursuing a future allegation of filing a false report.....but either way, JMO it's a waste of time and money and energy. None of it has ever made sense to me since she was found. JMO

I don’t believe we know for sure that she doesn’t remember how it started. I don’t recall any information about that, except her description of the vehicle. But nothing about how they got her into the car. She may have told LE but LE hasn’t told us AFAIK.
I remember a recent LE statement that she didn't remember anything from the day she disappeared. I'll see if I can find the quote.

Here it is, very last bit of this interview... LE concerned about her vague memories of the hours prior.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/vide...nia-mom-sherri-papini-51009648

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't understand why this has not been put away in the unsolved mystery file. Personally, I have always thought that SP knows all the answers to everyone's questions about the matter. Clearly, she would , it seems, prefer not to be forthcoming with the answers. I'm not sure if LE is continuing to investigate in hopes of SP suddenly having a recollection, or if they are pursuing a future allegation of filing a false report.....but either way, JMO it's a waste of time and money and energy. None of it has ever made sense to me since she was found. JMO

Just a general observation and not directed at you personally, cady: It never ceases to amaze me that those with little or no access to reliable facts and substantive information (people like us) casually dismiss the public statements of those with access to all the evidence, reports, interviews, etc. (LE). The presumptuousness is breathtaking.

Racial stereotype? I guess I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. Also, if she were making up something out of thin air, she wouldn’t have to pretend their faces were partially covered. She could say she caught a glimpse of them when they were unaware (or that their faces were not covered at All). In fact, after that much time (if this were a hoax), I’d expect her to concoct something with more detail, thinking it’d help to convince people. (Liars tend to work extra hard to make their stories believable.) But if her captors took measures to keep her “in the dark” (literally and figuratively) for three weeks, then we’d expect her to have difficulty providing information (apart from whatever impact the traumatic experience caused her).

I think the whole bandanna thing is to not have to give a full detailed description or make one up, it would take a lot of consistency in your lies to remember all the details you give to a sketch artist of two people. I think she has figured out the less she says regarding details the less she will contradict herself. But as we have been told traumatic events such as this can make it difficult for people to remember. I think if she can remember hoop earings, she can remember more. But that is just my opinion.

Man how I wish someone would woo an le insider to get the scoop.

Seems strange that she was close enough to the younger one to slam her head into the toilet but can’t give a decent description of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems strange that she was close enough to the younger one to slam her head into the toilet but can’t give a decent description of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The trauma from enduring a cut on her foot caused her to mentally block all facial features.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BBM. After following Sherin Mathew's murder, I no longer think this is the case. At least not all of the time. Liars don't always go above and beyond to make anything believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member