Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, really disappointed that the judge reduced the bond to 100K. Didn't see that happening.

A comment made earlier was she has a sibling who works for NASA. I don't think money has ever been an issue with these two. It makes me wonder why her relatives may have let her sit in jail this long. $250,000 doesn't seem like much, considering their family resources? JMO, MOO, I know diddly squat.

They were perhaps anticipating today's decision of a reduced bail. IDK.

jmo

Thank you all for the updates! I totally forgot.... :doh:

So nothing "new" on WM? COD?

She was originally born in UAE correct? Or was that Wesley? I know this was mentioned in a previous thread. Is it possible she has two legal/valid passports from 2 different countries and would only turn one in to police?

Interested to know when she would have asked that doctor for immunization records since biological daughter was taken by CPS so soon and was only just very recently released to family. Specific dates on this would be very interesting.

ETA: $10,000-$15,000 seems easily doable for them. I hope LE has something additional to charge her with. Let these two keep being arrested and bonding out; liquidate all their assets until they have nothing and end up homeless living under a bridge. Perhaps they could take up residence in a culvert. Seems fitting.

It was never stated to the public at least that the bio child would be sent to relatives in India. Obviously we may just not have heard it but it's my understanding there is more than enough family here for them to not consider sending her to India. Sounds hinky to me. Flight risk. Anyway, flight risk or not, she doesn't deserve a reduced bail or to be released on bail. Just leave her in there.

Not just SM is a flight risk, but taking a possible witness (the older child) out of the country sounds hinky to me, too!

A comment made earlier was she has a sibling who works for NASA. I don't think money has ever been an issue with these two. It makes me wonder why her relatives may have let her sit in jail this long. $250,000 doesn't seem like much, considering their family resources? JMO, MOO, I know diddly squat.

Maria clarified that the person in question (NASA) was actually an "NBC 5 photojournalist".

Stunned by this development but then Wesley was released and then recharged too ... is this maybe just a ploy to get let her hang herself in all this ? LE knows more than we do obviously, but I don't think we have long to wait for more information and facts . Seems to me with all the public outrage and media coverage, she would be safer in custody .
Cannot even imagine.
JMHO

Would love to see the type & conditions of bond. Is it cash only, Cash surety 10%, is she allowed contact with daughter? She was allowed before arrested am I correct? Surprised DCJ doesn't list it under bond.

I figured they'd put her on an ankle monitor. Hard to argue flight risk if there's an ankle monitor. It'd be one thing if she was a danger to someone in the home... but that argument wasn't made. The judge only goes on the arguments that are made.

Can't figure out how to post court bond document or pic. But form the court website original bond includes these conditions; no contact with daughter or victim family members, drug testing, no alcohol consumption, no possession of a deadly weapon. So I would think the only changes would be amount and electronic monitoring?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.15.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.15.57 PM.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 54
Can't figure out how to post court bond document or pic. But form the court website original bond includes these conditions; no contact with daughter or victim family members, drug testing, no alcohol consumption, no possession of a deadly weapon. So I would think the only changes would be amount and electronic monitoring?

Thank you for posting Sini's original bond agreement. So she wold not have any contact with her daughter or any member of the victim's family. So even if she gets out, she can not have visitation with her alive daughter. Good.

I know it's the damn law but why on earth would someone like that deserve bond. No, just stay there and wait for your trial so you can be handed your punishment. Sherin isn't off living her life so neither should she or he.

I believe the argument from her attorney was that the bond should be set in line with that of others facing the same allegation. Which at this point is neglect.

I don't know what is typical in Texas for that particular charge. But apparently the attorney was asking for far less than what the judge went for. Perhaps in consideration of the info about a possible flight risk.

At some point LE and a prosecutor are going to have to commit to a theory of the crime, and one with sufficient evidence behind it to win in court. Seems risky whichever way they go. With two potential murderers, and a likelihood of collusion to a greater or lesser degree, the potential for reasonable doubt is going to be a real consideration.

We know that Sherin is dead. And we may even have a solid COD contained in the final autopsy report (or not). But tying that back with some legal certainty to one parent or the other is--in my opinion as a complete bystander--going to be a tough task.

Thank you for posting Sini's original bond agreement. So she wold not have any contact with her daughter or any member of the victim's family. So even if she gets out, she can not have visitation with her alive daughter. Good.

I guess I figured out how to post it and didn't know it lol. But yes, thats what I would think. Can't imagine any of those conditions changed. Going to check later when the new order is uploaded.

Would love to see the type & conditions of bond. Is it cash only, Cash surety 10%, is she allowed contact with daughter? She was allowed before arrested am I correct? Surprised DCJ doesn't list it under bond.

Interesting point. A condition of WM's earlier bond was no contact with ANY child. And it would be highly appropriate for a child-endangering charge.

I believe the argument from her attorney was that the bond should be set in line with that of others facing the same allegation. Which at this point is neglect.

I don't know what is typical in Texas for that particular charge. But apparently the attorney was asking for far less than what the judge went for. Perhaps in consideration of the info about a possible flight risk.

The attorney is right. It's easy to draw assumptions (I have), but it isn't fair to gather the lynch mob and lock her up forever based on suspicions and what-if's. As long as SM isn't charged with anything more serious than neglect, you can't really ask for a sky-high bond "just in case she might have done something more serious." if you have evidence that she did more, charge her. If not, you have to let her live her life until and unless you have something big on her.

The attorney is right. It's easy to draw assumptions (I have), but it isn't fair to gather the lynch mob and lock her up forever based on suspicions and what-if's. As long as SM isn't charged with anything more serious than neglect, you can't really ask for a sky-high bond "just in case she might have done something more serious." if you have evidence that she did more, charge her. If not, you have to let her live her life until and unless you have something big on her.

Yeah--that's what the judges on Law & Order are always saying, too. :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softtaillover