Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilgamesh :daisy:Absolutely there is nothing wrong with seeing a psychologist or a psychiatrist, imo, but it is a fact in this case AS was seeing a psychiatrist. An email from Greer to Adam’s attorney shows he reached out to Adam's psychiatrists office.

Thanks *Lash*:takeabow:

Gilgamesh :daisy:Absolutely there is nothing wrong with seeing a psychologist or a psychiatrist, imo, but it is a fact in this case AS was seeing a psychiatrist. An email from Greer to Adam’s attorney shows he reached out to Adam's psychiatrists office.

So from this email, I gather that Greer also tried to subpoena Adam's employer but was objected to be defense.

I'll tell you what I found very powerful yesterday and that was Greer bringing out the paint tube and reminding the jury that there was no human DNA on it whatsoever, after it had been squeezed over 20 times. Not even unidentified DNA belonging to the store workers who unpacked the stock and placed it in a bag. None.

jeez how odd. No one sheds dna that time of year.

But there was no criminal investigation at that time of Max's accident. At the time XZ left it was viewed as a terrible accident and decided that this wasn't the place for a 13 year old girl to be at, JS testified that they both decided this. I just don't understand all this harping on XZ, a 13 year old girl, who told LE her account of what happened that day with Max, and also said the same story in deposition. XZ did not change her story, so there is no need at this point to even question her word. On the other hand AS has changed his story and been caught in obvious lies during testimony. I think there is alot to question with him. And if the investigation does get reopened I really hope that LE really looks into AS testimony story. Like, did he really not know those specific knots, maybe they will question his employer and fellow co-workers.

We really need an investigation into max's death, because there are waaaay too many inconsistencies. at this point it is all about the 'new math'. AS = BS. hey, its all just my opinion.

Probably because he wasn't a Tugboat captain [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

why did the defense expert need to practice the knots 50 or 60 times? Probably because he wasn't a tugboat captain! excellent! excellent! I waited all night to read something this funny! You get my vote for best post this week

Gives Adam a reason to appeal also. My attorney called me a pervert.

Its desperate if it's a plan, but why else would the experienced attorney screw up the defense if not on purpose?

If adam appeals, perhaps his own attys will apply the old a spade/a spade law. twouble.

Yes, picture posted downstream<<<

Adam would have been a lot more believable if he had “played” a self assured Captain.

“I’ve got an unresponsive woman; apparent neck injury. She was hanging.
CPR? She is dead –cold and stiff.
Her hands are bound but there is no pulse in the neck or on the temple.
I removed a gag and there is no breath”

But no he staged a show instead.

And finally got to make use that Literature degree in what will be his most famous published work.

Showing his love for theatrics and prose, that one

All imo

Hey Jade :daisy:

*lash* said:
A few years back I found this doing a search. It is a digital archive from the Memphis Public Library. Adam was at one time interested in theater.

Dig Memphis is the digital archive of the Memphis Public Library. Showcasing many of the treasures found in the Memphis and Shelby County Room.

https://memphislibrary.contentdm.ocl...%20Shacknai%20

Post from 1st thread - picture included:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...verage-and-discussion&p=13982614#post13982614

Was it unlocked? I didn't follow this case all the way through so I may have missed it, but apparently Nina went there and couldn't get in.

It was AS only who testified the doors were unlocked ( I was in court)

He also testified that he went back through the house through the front door, which he ( alone ) again said was open.

You have to decide if he is being as truthful about this as he is about the circumstances of using the table...

This is my best recollection and from my notes

Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AS was an intern at the Playhouse on the Square in Memphis. Now a large performing arts center.

Snip-

As the country&#8217;s largest performing arts center outside of New York, the not-for-profit performing arts center utilizes the arts to engage individuals and attract more than one million guests per year to its 1,000+ annual events. These audiences act as the catalyst for economic growth and vitality within the region.

http://www.playhousesquare.org/about-playhousesquare-main/about-playhousesquare

Snip-

[FONT=&amp]Interns outside the stage door. Publicity photo of the Playhouse on the Square 1986-1987 interns. From left: Adam Shacknai-

https://memphislibrary.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/p16108coll4/id/114/rec/1[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

why did the defense expert need to practice the knots 50 or 60 times? Probably because he wasn't a tugboat captain! excellent! excellent! I waited all night to read something this funny! You get my vote for best post this week

when the defense knot expert refuted the plaintiff's expert, saying the plaintiff's expert was wrong about all knots, i found it really strange that the two experts would not agree on the knots......but then once i did some research, the defense expert kept referring the the knots as half hitch knots, and the plaintiff expert referred to them as clove hitch knots. A clove hitch is two successive half-hitches around an object

In my opinion, the defense expert totally destroyed his own theory about how easy it is to tie yourself up this way, with the knots involved, once he admitted it took him 50-60 times to do this. 50-60 times? If it took rebecca this many times to figure this out, and she is not a knot expert, so venture to say it would take more attempts for her than the expert did, we are talking HOURS for her to just figure out her hand bindings, and then add in the time on top of that to gather all supplies, figure out the perfect distance of rope that she would only fall 20 inches above the ground, how to tie to the bed, her noose, paint the door...........AND the defense's whole case also centers around the "fact" that Rebecca's history shows she makes spontaneous life decisions and that getting a voicemail triggered this spontaneous decision. In all of these hours of setup and figuring out ropes and measurements and bindings and knots and painting, does anyone think that maybe she had more than ample time to say "maybe this isn't such a great idea"? A spontaneous decision would be to swallow a bottle of pills, or even hang yourself in a closet......not spend hours and hours figuring all of these things out.

Does the fact that the mannequin was used during trial matter? Not sure the judge would've allowed this demonstration at all if she was not going to let the jury allow it during deliberations.

This is a very good point. I understand that the rope lengths, the testimony of how she was apparently found AS, the 911 etc. ...the distance her feet were from the floor, the exact rope length to the noose...all these are already facts in evidence. All the mannequin did was put them together in a demonstrative.

What is excellent work IMO by Mr Greer is that the mannequin appeared to be on a frame constructed to be the EXACT height as represented by the evidential facts in the case. I believe this is why the objections could not be overruled as the demonstrative is exactly as the rope length evidence dictates.

The jury has been instructed well on how to interpret demonstratives by this Judge, as she is pragmatic, fair and thorough IMO.

Just my opinion....

So from this email, I gather that Greer also tried to subpoena Adam's employer but was objected to be defense.

That is correct. Imo :blushing: Greer did not want to leave a single stone left unturned:scared:.

zdyED.gif

link
Is this the link for the closing arguments?

https://www.facebook.com/ABC10News/...Hkt33FF37pCA8PZmHwr968nJcnf1QnoG7FktoJ3Pg3TYQ

What time does it start?

I believe it is due to start at 9.15am

RZ&#8217;s fingerprint was still on the cap. I find it unbelievable that the scene was wiped down so thoroughly that only RZ&#8217;s dna and fingerprints were left behind.

There was one partial fingerprint found on the cap of the paint tube but it was described as &#8216;smudged beyond identification&#8217; by the police investigator.

( from my notes at trial and best of my recollection)

Edited to add - my notes are not clear on this and I may have misspoke.
My note says &#8216;Greer question quality of print/smudged/beyond ID?&#8217;

Just my opinion....

That is correct. Imo :blushing: Greer did not want to leave a single stone left unturned:scared:.

I wasn't aware of this and it's great to know. I was wondering why there was no fellow workers or employers called for deposition or to testify. There were good reasons for both sides to do this. This is a double edged sword for the defense, because they really only had JS and DS to testify about Adam on a personal level, to give the jury an idea of who he is and why he isn't someone who would commit murder. No friends were called, no co workers, etc......but on the other hand greer would have asked each of them if they have any knowledge that adam knew these knots. the defense couldn't allow this testimony for obvious reasons, but it also has not helped their case in showing the jury the type of person adam is. Webb's closing yesterday basically asks the jury to think about who adam is, the problem is, the only testimony they have heard is JS and DS, who lived long distance and did not have any dealings in adams day to day life. It also makes you wonder, and I think the jury my wonder this, why didn't the defense call his girlfriend Mary? She was obviously available and in court, why wouldn't they call her to talk about adam and the person he is?

I wasn't aware of this and it's great to know. I was wondering why there was no fellow workers or employers called for deposition or to testify. There were good reasons for both sides to do this. This is a double edged sword for the defense, because they really only had JS and DS to testify about Adam on a personal level, to give the jury an idea of who he is and why he isn't someone who would commit murder. No friends were called, no co workers, etc......but on the other hand greer would have asked each of them if they have any knowledge that adam knew these knots. the defense couldn't allow this testimony for obvious reasons, but it also has not helped their case in showing the jury the type of person adam is. Webb's closing yesterday basically asks the jury to think about who adam is, the problem is, the only testimony they have heard is JS and DS, who lived long distance and did not have any dealings in adams day to day life. It also makes you wonder, and I think the jury my wonder this, why didn't the defense call his girlfriend Mary? She was obviously available and in court, why wouldn't they call her to talk about adam and the person he is?

Agree. The defense's goal seems to be to try to humanize AS, but there's very little to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cluesearcher