Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the short rebuttal—IMO paraphrasing Rebecca’s last words demonstrated a powerful contrast to Webb’s hollow “let Adam get on with his life.”

Is Mr Greer rebuttal on video anywhere? Only finding partial closing arguments by both... TIA.

I wasn't aware of this and it's great to know. I was wondering why there was no fellow workers or employers called for deposition or to testify. There were good reasons for both sides to do this. This is a double edged sword for the defense, because they really only had JS and DS to testify about Adam on a personal level, to give the jury an idea of who he is and why he isn't someone who would commit murder. No friends were called, no co workers, etc......but on the other hand greer would have asked each of them if they have any knowledge that adam knew these knots. the defense couldn't allow this testimony for obvious reasons, but it also has not helped their case in showing the jury the type of person adam is. Webb's closing yesterday basically asks the jury to think about who adam is, the problem is, the only testimony they have heard is JS and DS, who lived long distance and did not have any dealings in adams day to day life. It also makes you wonder, and I think the jury my wonder this, why didn't the defense call his girlfriend Mary? She was obviously available and in court, why wouldn't they call her to talk about adam and the person he is?

I could be wrong, but my guess is that showing his girlfriend is significantly older could get jurors thinking he would have been attracted to Rebecca because of her youth.

[emoji58] I find it unbelievable that non-shedders have been discussed ad nauseum here and in court and yet this debate still goes on. It’s scientifically possible for his DNA to be absent. Far from unbelievable.

Especially when the evidence has shown that his DNA was NOT where it would be expected.

Very weird. Adam doing that in the first place is odd enough, but the attorney doing it, too? Sounds like an overplayed hand to give appearances of Adam's having a relationship. I forgot who made the excellent point that she was never called to testify to Adam's character or anything...but TWO shoutouts in the court room???

I guess they were going for the subliminal message "His old lady still supports him and thinks he's innocent!" PUN INTENDED and I know I'm going to hell for that.

Webb seems to think it was impossible for Rebecca to regain consciousness after being knocked out earlier. Of course it's possible.

So she was hit hard enough to cause irreversible unconsciousness, but not hard enough to have caused a hematoma.

Ok sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member