Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to use my gut instincts here and go out on a limb to say that it's possible Mr. Greer's rebuttal was so brief because he's already read the jury (I suspect he's a good judge of people), and rather than get back into the weeds again (since it probably wasn't necessary), he decided to take his final moments in front of the jurors to be a voice for Rebecca.

Imo, obviously.

Lezah, this is how I recall it.

Very emotional moment. Mr. Greer did his job and served Rebecca and her family well, no matter the outcome. Couldn’t have asked for a more dedicated, honest, and loyal attorney.

Thanks Mica, it was such a shock it was over.

IMO Mr Greer has such an emotional attachment to this case. He is devoted, cares deeply and believes in this cause from the heart. That was very apparent from his demeanor.

He has lived this for so many years alongside the family.

I am sad he didn’t address some of issued the defense raised in closing, but there is something to be said for not overburdening the jury. They will be relieved that this is almost over I would assume. I know I would be if I were in their position.

They already have everything they need to decide.

Thank you to everyone, to those who agreed with me and even those who disagreed with my point of view.

I have become especially fond of a few of you guys...I know you can examine the evidence and determine who you are...;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am now going to sit quietly and have a good cry.

Thanks everyone here who put up the good fight for justice. This was my first case and what brought me to WS. Love you all!

I'm going to use my gut instincts here and go out on a limb to say that it's possible Mr. Greer's rebuttal was so brief because he's already read the jury (I suspect he's a good judge of people), and rather than get back into the weeds again (since it probably wasn't necessary), he decided to take his final moments in front of the jurors to be a voice for Rebecca.

Imo, obviously.

Agree, and it was the perfect strategy. IMO

More detail on Mr Greer’s close...

He stood up, he was upset, composed but upset. He said words to the effect of ‘look it just doesn’t matter , the process of how she died, we will never know the details but we do know she was murdered. Murdered by AS. He had motive, opportunity, we know that...

...When I first took this case Mary said to me about her sisters death, what would be her last words...(this is when he got emotional)

Objection! Facts not in evidence (or words to that effect)

Sustained by Judge...

I really thought Mr Greer was going to break down, his voice trembled, he shook his head and said something I couldn’t hear to the Judge, then he was allowed to say...

Mary said RZ would ask for the forgiveness of the man who murdered her, and to tell her family she loved them, but ask them that they make sure to hold AS accountable for what he did to her...

That was it.

Just my opinion and paraphrasing to my best recollection.

Thanks, Lezah. Greer was so right about that. When this case first began, the plaintiffs really had so little to work with. They didn't have all the evidence, it came in dribs and drabs. So many details of the case weren't revealed until witnesses were called in for depositions - a process that took YEARS to complete, thanks to endless delays by the defense. They were never allowed to view the crime scene! They were never allowed on the property, never saw the mansion, the death room, the balcony, the courtyard, the guest house. So many questions went unanswered for so long.

So, yes, they had to change the details of the original claims as they went along and assembled more and more facts about the case. Even now, the picture is still incomplete, details are still missing. But there is enough evidence now to render a verdict in favor of the plaintiffs.

Thanks Mica, it was such a shock it was over.

IMO Mr Greer has such an emotional attachment to this case. He is devoted, cares deeply and believes in this cause from the heart. That was very apparent from his demeanor.

He has lived this for so many years alongside the family.

I am sad he didn’t address some of issued the defense raised in closing, but there is something to be said for not overburdening the jury. They will be relieved that this is almost over I would assume. I know I would be if I were in their position.

They already have everything they need to decide.

Thank you to everyone, to those who agreed with me and even those who disagreed with my point of view.

I have become especially fond of a few of you guys...I know you can examine the evidence and determine who you are...;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was shocked, too. Mr. Greer was taking a lot of notes during Webb’s closing statements. I thought he would address some of the discrepancies. I guess during the break he decided differently and made the decision to keep it short and to the point. He must be confident enough to believe a long drawn out rebuttal wasn’t necessary. He did his job the first time around even though he was rushed.

Am now going to sit quietly and have a good cry.

Thanks everyone here who put up the good fight for justice. This was my first case and what brought me to WS. Love you all!

Same here :sigh: already started! Love you back :heartbeat: Carioca and ALL.

Thanks, Lezah. Greer was so right about that. When this case first began, the plaintiffs really had so little to work with. They didn't have all the evidence, it came in dribs and drabs. So many details of the case weren't revealed until witnesses were called in for depositions - a process that took YEARS to complete, thanks to endless delays by the defense. They were never allowed to view the crime scene! They were never allowed on the property, never saw the mansion, the death room, the balcony, the courtyard, the guest house. So many questions went unanswered for so long.

So, yes, they had to change the details of the original claims as they went along and assembled more and more facts about the case. Even now, the picture is still incomplete, details are still missing. But there is enough evidence now to render a verdict in favor of the plaintiffs.

Reading this makes me angry all over again. It should not have been this way. Imo, there are many more people than just the one on trial who should be held to account for their role in this travesty of justice.

I was shocked, too. Mr. Greer was taking a lot of notes during Webb’s closing statements. I thought he would address some of the discrepancies. I guess during the break he decided differently and made the decision to keep it short and to the point. He must be confident enough to believe a long drawn out rebuttal wasn’t necessary. He did his job the first time around even though he was rushed.

The mannequin spoke loud and clear, imo.

I think the defense dragged it out partly because they were hoping the Zahau’s would drop the case. And if Adam is innocent as he claims, why such a long delay? I would be screaming from the heavens to get this case to trial if I were innocent.

Update from the page.

Quick update, the jury went into deliberation room. It is hard to hold back emotion. Now its waiting!!!!! Please continue to pray

https://www..com/rydrn-justice-for-rebecca

I thought that he would have a lot to say too. But what he did say was very moving, and having Pari Zahau at the plaintiff table, while was heartbreaking to see as she was clearly extremely emotional, might give a clue as to what Greer might have read in the Jury, hence his rebuttal.

I believe someone who was in court last week or maybe the week before had posted that one juror had been tearing up at one point. my apologies, i forgot who posted this.

One last thing, Webb really went in hard on Mary Zahau today, in my opinion he was overboard with it. Perhaps, in Greer's mind he is using that, sending the message that yet again the Zahau's are being victimized. just a theory, not that i know much about attorney mindset.

Regarding the short rebuttal—IMO paraphrasing Rebecca’s last words demonstrated a powerful contrast to Webb’s hollow “let Adam get on with his life.”

Regarding the short rebuttal—IMO paraphrasing Rebecca’s last words demonstrated a powerful contrast to Webb’s hollow “let Adam get on with his life.”

Good point!

I think the defense dragged it out partly because they were hoping the Zahau’s would drop the case. And if Adam is innocent as he claims, why such a long delay? I would be screaming from the heavens to get this case to trial if I were innocent.

And if I’d gotten on the stand I would proclaim my innocence!

Thank you Lezah and everyone who help bring us the closing.

If someone is pro defense and would like to present the closing in their point of view I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Tricia

A couple of things.

I found Webb's repeated "By the way" aggravating. If I were on the jury I would be wondering if he thought convincing me was so unimportant that he hadn't bothered to prepare a well-crafted closing argument.

Second, I think Webb made a big mistake when he said "everyone" knows how to tie those knots. I certainly don't, and that goes double for doing it behind my back.

Prayers for justice.

Wow, just wow. I'm sitting here kind of at my wits end trying to decide what to post. We've all followed and feuded this for so long. Sadly, I completely missed Greer's closing. Thank you so much Lezah for recapping.

Greer is a class act. His showing emotion is a great counter-balance to Webb's robotic style. I am praying that Rebecca receives some justice soon (very soon for my sanity!). I would have loved to see him attack Webb's closing, however I think this way may have been more powerful. I hope Mr. Greer knows how so very many of us appreciate him and what he has done. IMO, he moved mountains. Whatever the jury returns, I will never believe this was anything other than murder. A cold, brutal one at that.

At the end of the day, the case needs to be re-opened. I doubt that will ever happen, unless a different investigative team is used.

A couple of things.

I found Webb's repeated "By the way" aggravating. If I were on the jury I would be wondering if he thought convincing me was so unimportant that he hadn't bothered to prepare a well-crafted closing argument.

Second, I think Webb made a big mistake when he said "everyone" knows how to tie those knots. I certainly don't, and that goes double for doing it behind my back.

Prayers for justice.

BBM

I agree. I also think it was a mistake to say "everyone" knows how to tie those knots. That simply isn't true. I certainly do not know how. I've tried it. I had other family members try it. Just saying not a good idea to say "everyone" knows how.

MOO, JMO, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member