FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very good post there UK.

I along with a lot of others cannot understand why the family didn't hire a good PI.
I would like to see someone in the media ask them why they never did.

Actually I just had the thought they might have hired a PI but we don't know.

UK, you left construction worker off your list! LOL

BTW that 'sock' in the photo could be just the way his pants are flapping.

The family should have hired a PI one year ago.

I suggested that maybe the family did hire a PI, but it is in their best interest not to publicize it. someone on the board argued this point with me.

I don't see any socks in that POI picture. It's amazing how some people see one thing, and some see another. It's like witnesses to crimes. Five witnessnes, five different stories.

ACtually, if you look at the pants, the bottom cuffs are strange. The right cuff appears to have "wind" or air in it, making it "bloated", while the left cuff appears to be flat.

I think the more one looks at the POI picture, the more the mind plays games on us.

left

Right, the Fox newscast stated they learned LE had "prints and a possible DNA" from the POI.

Does anybody know where Fox got their information? No. They don't reveal their sources. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

If so, what is the source of the DNA? and how does LE know it "definitely" came from the POI? Good question, but I do recall Drew Kesse kind of freaking out about the car. He clearly states it here:
"Something happened there and that's my daughter, a living being, and she was taken from that car," Jennifer's father, Drew Kesse, said. http://www.wftv.com/news/7162648/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=news

IF true, is LE obtaining DNA samples and fingerprints from potential suspects? Not one mention of it anywhere.

Does LE even have a "top five" suspect list in which they are confident enough to even check their DNA or Prints to evidence found in Jk's car or elsewhere? I don't think so. I have tried for over an hour to find where they mention anyone else. I also tried to pin them down saying he is their only suspect, as I believe it was mentioned. I haven't found it yet either.

Many rumors, many theories, but few known clues.

left

While looking at some other things...I ran across this cleaned up version of the video by the tv station. It is so much clearer, IMO! Check it out! http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2007/05/the_new_video_i.html

Most cases go cold because LE runs out of leads.
Or they can't get enough evidence for a DA to prosecute.

I think this case has run out of leads. Do most people realise it never had many leads from the very beginning.

Thanks Mystery KP is flying typical England do it in games that don't really matter could have done with it at the world cup but I guess they were too busy getting drunk by the sounds of things!!!

I just want to say I am not attacking Orlando PD or any other LE but like in any walk off life/profession mistakes are made and resources are not always there to utilise to the full extent.

For the most part police forces all over the world are doing a very hard job under difficult circumstances and more often than not don't have the time to ponder all the possible scenarios of a case because as you say they are on to the next 'job'

Think I have mentioned this before but on the hunt for the Yorkshire ripper overhere Yorkshire PD set up surveillance of cars entering the red light districts of Leeds, Bradford and other areas where he operated.

This was to try and find a tie up between the same car entering the areas on the nights that the women were killed.

They got half way through the anlysis and abandoned it due to resource, if they had kept going they would have found Sutcliffes car in the remaining data which matched with the nights of the killings.

Another three women were killed before they caught him by chance.

This is an example of a mistake/resource issue which forces have to deal with shutting down lines of enquiry early.

All I know is if it were someone close to me then i would have conducted my own investigation from day one(even if I hid it from LE)

I still think LE probably have another photo of the car on a road somewhere maybe Americana/Conroy but maybe its inconclusive to them you perhaps can only see the car.

I still think everything they know should now be in the public domain.
JK has been missing for 16 months, the original poi photo has been out for nearly as long and the new footage two weeks now.

Unless they have a new lead from the new footage this case is colder than the arctic.

If there is any other pictures of the car it might show how many people were in it? 1, 2 or even 3? Who knows but it is most definitely cards on the table time I think.

Most cases go cold because LE runs out of leads.
Or they can't get enough evidence for a DA to prosecute.

I think this case has run out of leads. Do most people realise it never had many leads from the very beginning.

I'd still like to go through the files of the people LE eliminated, just to see if someone looks good

I agree some cases don't have enough for a prosecution, but I don't get that feeling with this one. PLus, if they have DNA, wouldn't that be enough?

That is scary that their weren't many leads from the beginning. Makes me wonder about the POI picture, and if he doesnt' look anything like that in real life.

PLus, many criminals change their appearance after crimes.

In my opinion, if I were LE, I would take the media on a tour of where the dog tracked the POI, the exact path, and where the scent ended. heck, it really doesn't have an value at trial anyway. It may jog memories, or the POI could have used that short cut before the crime and someone may have noticed.

left

certainly, every investigation has a "top five" suspects. Just take their DNA and prints and test them against the POI

Left reference above thats my worry is that I don't think they have a suspect if they do I bet they don't have five.

Also regarding DNA if they have this then it should be made clearer to the public.

For example if someone thinks they know who the poi is but are scared to ring because they are not 100% and don't want to tarnish the persons name then LE can say 'We have DNA evidence so anyone innocent can be easily eliminated'

Add to that the fact how do they know if they have DNA or prints it is the poi's?

You could print Rob, Drew, etc but what about a friend who has been in the car or a valet?

UK

The same thing happens in the US.

In the Green River Killer case, a task force was set up, and they didn't back up their computers, and the computers crashed, leaving two years of work lost.

Plus, the task force had Ridgway in their sites in 1982, but let him go because he didn't smoke, and passed a lie detector test. He killed at least 20 more women. He fit the profile to a 't'.

In many of these cases, LE has so many potential suspects, that they try to eliminate as many as possible, and sometimes eliminate the wrong ones.

Afterwards, the case always seem obvious, but during the case, it is rather confusing at best.

left

thanks ss

Is it me, or without the POI picture being blown up, doesn't the POI look thinner and taller. The blown up picture makes him look stockier. imo

left

No, it isn't just you. Also...with this video...you can make out more of his physique while he is walking. I certainly don't see an ounce of fat anywhere...like a gut as someone mentioned before. He looks tall and lanky. There appear to be many points where they could have derived his height other than the gate, too. He passes by so many stationary objects.

One could add...they cannot say it was the subject's DNA because it was a leased vehicle...unless the DNA was mixed with Jenn's. This would be the only distinction. Drew K. turned it back in to the company. So it would mean many other people had access before she got it.

Since they allowed the car to go back, wouldn't that infer that no blood or anything significant was found? They didn't rip out the seats, take up the carpeting or cut holes in it, and everything looked pretty normal. If they had any proof that anything happened in that car...they would have kept it for future analysis or torn the heck out of it looking for more. Wouldn't they?

No, it isn't just you. Also...with this video...you can make out more of his physique while he is walking. I certainly don't see an ounce of fat anywhere...like a gut as someone mentioned before. He looks tall and lanky. There appear to be many points where they could have derived his height other than the gate, too. He passes by so many stationary objects.

WE agree :clap: :clap: :clap:

True, the POI appears to be in excellent shape. EArlier, someone said he had a "gut". I don't see any fat.

I see a guy in excellent shape. Yes, he does appear tall and lanky.

That palm tree would have been an excellent site to use as a "barometer" of his height.

left

One could add...they cannot say it was the subject's DNA because it was a leased vehicle...unless the DNA was mixed with Jenn's. This would be the only distinction. Drew K. turned it back in to the company. So it would mean many other people had access before she got it.

ARe you saying that JK did not own that car from the time it was brand new?

Also, it was a leased car, and that DRew turned the car back to the leasing company?

Hmm. I thought LE would keep the car for prosecution. Strange.

One note, if the perp. DNA is on a soda bottle, or a cigarette, then he wont' have much of a defense.

PLus, if a hair is found on the headrest, the Perp will have to explain how of all the cars in the US, his hair happened to get on Jk's headrest.

left

left

I watched a program about the green river killer on the crime channel here not so long ago and one about BTK.

It just proves how forces all over the world can and do make mistakes, so would we if were running the show!!!

The problem to me is there is still a general acceptance that people in authority are right its like if you go to see your Doctor and he tells you you have a cold or chest infection you take it as gospel because 'He's a doctor' he must be right!!!!

Well he is human too and the same thing happens with LE doesnt it?

Were not attacking them we are merely stating that whilst qualified and experienced they are also human.

If I lived in Orlando I would be sorely tempted to investigate this off my own back.

left

I watched a program about the green river killer on the crime channel here not so long ago and one about BTK.

It just proves how forces all over the world can and do make mistakes, so would we if were running the show!!!

The problem to me is there is still a general acceptance that people in authority are right its like if you go to see your Doctor and he tells you you have a cold or chest infection you take it as gospel because 'He's a doctor' he must be right!!!!

Well he is human too and the same thing happens with LE doesnt it?

Were not attacking them we are merely stating that whilst qualified and experienced they are also human.

If I lived in Orlando I would be sorely tempted to investigate this off my own back.

Absolutely, we all make stupid mistakes each and every day.

Heck, every time we get into an accident, it is usually our fault for not avoiding it.

There are some professions, such as doctors, lawyers, Le, who will make mistakes and do not admit the mistakes because they are afraid of maybe being sued, looking silly, or their mistake could have cost someone's life.

The single most logical answer to cold cases, or unsolved crimes, is usually human error. It's not an attack, it is just human nature.

That is why there are checks and balances in place in most companies, to avoid the inevitable human error.

Some professions don't have checks and balances. Having LE detectives work as a team does help in this regard.

I agree with your last statement. Only problem in the states is that Le doesn't like anyone around their case. Even PI's are not encouraged to assist in open and active cases. Nobody wants to be shown up. Which begs the question. isn't finding Jk more important than my ego, or UK's, or ss's, or drew's, or mysteries, Answer is of course. I wouldn't mind being wrong, at least I know it was checked.

left

It just proves how forces all over the world can and do make mistakes, so would we if were running the show!!! Yes, but we would be making many strides in this particular case to move it forward. It does take an entire village sometimes to get things accomplished!

The problem to me is there is still a general acceptance that people in authority are right its like if you go to see your Doctor and he tells you you have a cold or chest infection you take it as gospel because 'He's a doctor' he must be right!!!! LOL Not with me! I am the same analytical person in his office as I am here, but my Doc respects it and we work together figuring things out.

Well he is human too and the same thing happens with LE doesnt it? Yes, but they have a certain ego to contend with in both schools. The Doctor doesn't lie, deceive, and mislead on a professional basis as does LE. This can give them another facet to that ego. LE doesn't have to apologize when they are dead wrong and someone dies because of it.

Were not attacking them we are merely stating that whilst qualified and experienced they are also human. True.

If I lived in Orlando, I would not only encourage you...I would be right there beside you while dragging everyone else here to join us.

ARe you saying that JK did not own that car from the time it was brand new? Also, it was a leased car, and that DRew turned the car back to the leasing company? I am saying JK NEVER owned that car! Drew made the comment about the lease company and returning it. (On Greta, I think the same post with the pics of the interior of the car.) This doesn't mean the car wasn't new, but it does mean other people had probably driven it before she got it..leasing company employees or even previous leasees.

Hmm. I thought LE would keep the car for prosecution. Strange. Telling!

One note, if the perp. DNA is on a soda bottle, or a cigarette, then he wont' have much of a defense. True on something personal like that.

PLus, if a hair is found on the headrest, the Perp will have to explain how of all the cars in the US, his hair happened to get on Jk's headrest. True also.

left

I was surprised myself LE let the car go back to the family. Drew said the family didn't want it around or something to that effect.

Could someone capture those 3 photos on this video for us to check out? I used to have MWSnap on my last computer, but not here. I would like to see! I want to see the one right by the palm tree, too. I have only seen the first two. Please?

Just found an older article which states this:

Her brother said she just started living alone in November and was uneasy about the number of people around the complex daily.

"The workers were around all the time, and naturally a girl living alone for the first time …" said her brother, Logan Kesse.

This quote is very early on before the car was even found.

Nothing new in it but it is interesting to me that the brother straight away mentions this, this was also reported from Rob Allen.

Just more fuel to the fire of a worker at mosaic as far as I am concerned

Ugh, this case is so sad. It seems like the POI is wearing a white t shirt. I am not sure if this is the case or if it is the way it appears on the video. Does anyone know if Le believes the POI lives in this complex or not. It seems to me that LE should compare all the workers at Jens condo to that POI and see if anyone was absent from working there that day. It seems so solveable but I guess its much easier said than done. I just hope something breaks soon, its been too long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname