Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B could be charged by Christmas thanks to 'strong new evidence'

German prosecutor Hans Christian Walters told The Sun: “We have strong new evidence against the suspect.

An insider on the German investigation said: “The evidence is strong and puts him in the area where Madeleine vanished.

I’m new to this so hopefully I’ve replied & sourced in the correct way. Initially they had his phone in the area (quite likely he was using it’
Now they’ve got ‘him in the area’

Purely conjecture but I think they may a photo or video showing him in the area that afternoon

Last edited:
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B could be charged by Christmas thanks to 'strong new evidence'

German prosecutor Hans Christian Walters told The Sun: “We have strong new evidence against the suspect.

An insider on the German investigation said: “The evidence is strong and puts him in the area where Madeleine vanished.

I new to this so hopefully I’ve replied & sourced in the correct way. Initially they had his phone in the area (quite likely he was using it’

Purely conjecture but I think they may a photo or video showing him in the area that afternoon

Which means very little, IMO.
Clarke asked, HCW evaded. As usual.

In my opinion, the person who called CB at 19h32 on the night of Madeleine’s disappearance, may well have been identified. In his book, Clarke asked Mr Wolters if friend Chris Post, accompanied CB on the night of 3 May.

I was thinking maybe there was an unbeknownst or innocent party on the other end of that phone call. Perhaps a girlfriend or friend. But as this caller hasn’t come forward, I think there may be a reason behind it. Be that the person is dead, in prison, is wanted for another crime (on the run),was tipping him off to steal &/or knew he was responsible (straight away) & doesn’t want to be implicated or brought into this after 14 years.

I think CB is solely responsible for MM’s kidnap & murder & I don’t think he had an accomplice (regarding abduction) but I do think there must be a reason the caller hasn’t come forward. Hope that makes sense!

I’m new to this so hopefully I’ve replied & sourced in the correct way. Initially they had his phone in the area (quite likely he was using it’

Or the BKA has, indeed, found the person who called CB.

Last edited:
Or they have, indeed, found the person who called CB.

For me the "new evidence" is exactly the same they did already had here : - Police probing Madeleine McCann case 'have dramatic new evidence against Christian Brueckner' | Daily Mail Online . I don't think they did get anything new apart from what they did already have at 05/2021. New evidence don't fall from the sky everyday on investigation of cold cases like this where the suspect is already in jail and can't do much to change what already happened.

The SUN article is a direct reply to the MM parents article that is a direct response to JC promoting the book. Because JC was on the media, MM parents talked about it and in return forced HCW/BKA to reply, or better, they might be requested by media for a reply, if the reply wasn't made up by itself.

That thing about the SY Now believing the evidence and the (not named) british police suggesting that now UK LEA believe BKA/CB killed MM does look to me the sort of cheap advertizment one is expected to encounter for example on software that have 5 star seals of many IT magazines to "show" the stuff is really good, or something one should expect to see on products like loose height pills when someone on the advertizement says that he/she didn't believe on the article/product advertized but then tried it out and it does really work. In my oppinion I don't think that on a missing children case/or any other investigation case for that matter - an investigator of a police force like BKA do have the "need" to get someone from another police force (that is not even named theone who made the comment) to say that they didn't believe at first but now they are sure that the evidence is good/strong, etc ... For me is o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O ... to say the least.

Also to end I think a little bit like FF, this is a criminal investigation so let them show the evidence in court. I don't need for someone on another police force to say that the evidence is good or not, i need the evidence to be shown in court and see that evidenced used in trial to get CB on jail for the crime. Let them show the evidence (and i don't believe that they will do that soon).

My oppinion is that at Christmas they will delay once again saying something like there was some un-expected problem and they need more time, like they will delay to march/april or most likely may.

Even if this ends up in trial, meaning, even if HCW/BKA do charge CB there is still another important thing to consider, we still have to see if evidence will support HCW claims in trial.

People/some posters might be over-reacting over this because :

1)There is no guarantee that this recent info is "new" as most likely it is not and it was just a reaction to JC promotion of the book.
2)There is no certain that they will charge this year.
3)Even if they charge there is no guarantee that the evidence will prove without doubt in trial/court that CB did the crime.

Or they have, indeed, found the person who called CB.

Good point, it’s either that or a picture/video of CB in the background.

It’s sometimes difficult to get a perspective on the BKA’s case because either the tabloids sensationalise or HCW can’t go into details. But I think that this latest piece of evidence does sound significant & credible. I think it’s possible that CB has now been put into checkmate. I’m sure CB is responsible but I wasn’t convinced they’d get a conviction. But If they’ve placed him at the scene I think they have enough to charge him. They’re investigating for at least 6 crimes so I do think they’ll aim to arrest him for more than 1 crime at a time

(...)They’re investigating for at least 6 crimes so I do think they’ll aim to arrest him for more than 1 crime at a time

BKA/HCW only have jurisdiction over MM case, Irish woman rape, incident on playground and 10 years old girl assault. For CB to be charged over "other crimes" (mentioned on recent book promotion on the media) it would require for the prosecutors or LEA forces with jurisdiction for those same cases to press charge, thing that is out of equation. Don't believe in all that you read on the context of some book promotions please ... Try to stick to HCW "real" press conference/declarations to the press/documentary.

For me the "new evidence" is exactly the same they did already had here : - Police probing Madeleine McCann case 'have dramatic new evidence against Christian Brueckner' | Daily Mail Online . I don't think they did get anything new apart from what they did already have at 05/2021. New evidence don't fall from the sky everyday on investigation of cold cases like this where the suspect is already in jail and can't do much to change what already happened.

The SUN article is a direct reply to the MM parents article that is a direct response to JC promoting the book. Because JC was on the media, MM parents talked about it and in return forced HCW/BKA to reply, or better, they might be requested by media for a reply, if the reply wasn't made up by itself.

That thing about the SY Now believing the evidence and the (not named) british police suggesting that now UK LEA believe BKA/CB killed MM does look to me the sort of cheap advertizment one is expected to encounter for example on software that have 5 star seals of many IT magazines to "show" the stuff is really good, or something one should expect to see on products like loose height pills when someone on the advertizement says that he/she didn't believe on the article/product advertized but then tried it out and it does really work. In my oppinion I don't think that on a missing children case/or any other investigation case for that matter - an investigator of a police force like BKA do have the "need" to get someone from another police force (that is not even named theone who made the comment) to say that they didn't believe at first but now they are sure that the evidence is good/strong, etc ... For me is o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O ... to say the least.

Also to end I think a little bit like FF, this is a criminal investigation so let them show the evidence in court. I don't need for someone on another police force to say that the evidence is good or not, i need the evidence to be shown in court and see that evidenced used in trial to get CB on jail for the crime. Let them show the evidence (and i don't believe that they will do that soon).

My oppinion is that at Christmas they will delay once again saying something like there was some un-expected problem and they need more time, like they will delay to march/april or most likely may.

Even if this ends up in trial, meaning, even if HCW/BKA do charge CB there is still another important thing to consider, we still have to see if evidence will support HCW claims in trial.

1)There is no guarantee that this recent info is "new" as most likely it is not and it was just a reaction to JC promotion of the book.
3)Even if they charge there is no guarantee that the evidence will prove without doubt in trial/court that CB did the crime.

In July 2021 HCW said that they had received more than 1000 tips and it would take time to work through them.

Do you not think that's it's possible that something else may have been discovered?

A small nugget, another piece of the jigsaw?

Another tidbit to help HCW to join the dots?

JC will explain...........

EXCLUSIVE: Over 1,000 new tips on Madeleine McCann case which could be solved 'by end of the year' - Olive Press News Spain

Thanks for the reply and that’s a fair comment. I agree that the tabloid media tend cluster stories & create a new rhetoric/storyline. They may have received all of those messages & purposely placed each story in this order to dramatise the circumstances. I do think that they’ve done this several times in the past 14 months & I’ve been quite vocal about that (on twitter). However, sometimes it verbatim from HCW & new news. I think that this is the latter, I think it’s significant & credible. I do think they’ve placed him at the scene & I think it’s quite possible that they’ve got CB in checkmate.
I too have analysed (a lot!) the BKA’s strategy regarding this case. Having being based in Germany (in the Army) I did become under the impression that the BKA were very detailed, systematic & strategic. I think they’ve deliberately kept pumping the press & this has been a part of their strategy. I think that going really public & being very bold was the only way that they thought was going to yield the result they need. The BKA are notoriously secretive but in some cases (like this one) they change their tact. In other major cases, such as the VW scandal, they’ve made this play. They’ve floated some of the headlines without going into detail. They’ve publicly accused and in some cases have left people accused for years & waited for the information to slowly reach them.

This is why I think they’re certain he’s responsible & know the evidence they need would eventually come in, just as it had done in other cases they’ve managed this way.

I don’t have any sympathy for CB & I doubt anybody else does either. So I don’t care if he stands accused, nor do I care about whether he’s in isolation in a bad prison.

If the BKA have to play it this way to finally solve the case, then credit to them.

I think FF will be in a position where he’ll be very limited on how he can defend his client. I don’t think the facts will be arguable, therefore the best he’ll be able to do is get the lowest sentence possible.

I hope that makes sense & I appreciate your reply

Last edited:
BKA/HCW only have jurisdiction over MM case, Irish woman rape, incident on playground and 10 years old girl assault. For CB to be charged over "other crimes" (mentioned on recent book promotion on the media) it would require for the prosecutors or LEA forces with jurisdiction for those same cases to press charge, thing that is out of equation. Don't believe in all that you read on the context of some book promotions please ... Try to stick to HCW "real" press conference/declarations to the press/documentary.

Thank you for the reply.
Other jurisdictions can work together & share information. CB can be charged with many crimes at once, whether that’s by the same prosecutor is irrelevant, although it probably would be the same one. He can also be tried for many crimes at once, regardless of the jurisdiction he was living in at that period of time.
Take the UK for example. Multiple investigations could be running against the same suspect in a number of locations. In such cases the information has been brought together & the suspect has been arrested & tried for them at the same time.
I wouldn’t labor under the misapprehension that these crimes need to be compartmentalised into different demographics.
I’ll double check how many Braunschweig are investigating, I thought it to be 6. Judging by the amount of information they have, it could be much more.

I hope they can finally bring justice for MM & closure for her grieving family

In July 2021 HCW said that they had received more than 1000 tips and it would take time to work through them.

Do you not think that's it's possible that something else may have been discovered?

A small nugget, another piece of the jigsaw?

Another tidbit to help HCW to join the dots?

I think a big nugget! Something more significant than phone records & something that not only puts his phone at the scene of the crime, but also puts him at the scene of crime

EXCLUSIVE: Over 1,000 new tips on Madeleine McCann case which could be solved 'by end of the year' - Olive Press News Spain

Even JC mention that it's more likely that the PT crimes will be charged/judged first and MM later, so "end of the year" would be "optimistic" if we take intro account that the other PT crimes are not on trial yet.

And as another news here in PT they started to broadcast interviews on TV (CM Tv) to promote GA book. Goes without saying it's the same talk that we already know so nothing new on that.

And today there was a report on the same TV channel about the article of the Sun saying the same (that CB might face charges on Christmas) but apart from that they only showed the OC and told the woman that was raped and CB is in Jail for the crime was as well raped in Algarve. They didn't tell anything new as well apart from that the British police now believe in BKA fully and believe that CB is the man who killed MM.

I don't want to throw cold water on this but that link is full of unnamed sources. There's only one direct quote from HCW and he's saying pretty much what he's said every time he's talked to the press -
“We have strong new evidence against the suspect. The investigation is proceeding well and we hope to have an update soon. I cannot say when for certain but we are working very hard to solve this case and others where he is a suspect.”

I'm not sure how much faith can be placed in the 'source' and 'insider' comments.

Welcome to the thread. :)

Last edited:

It's certainly possible. I doubt the phone caller has been identified (for numerous reasons discussed in previous threads) but perhaps HCW's plea for holidaymakers to go through their 14yr old hol pics/vids in the hope of finding CB lurking within them has paid dividends?

How crooked can a former policeman be? Hard to think, that GA just doesn't want the case to be solved to justify his twisted theories and another upcoming book?

"Amaral, who apparently still has good contacts with the Portuguese police, goes to court with the German investigators, according to BILD information.

They had appropriated the Maddie case with an "artifice" by constructing a German suspect and thus creating German jurisdiction. Amaral calls this procedure “almost fraudulent”: The Germans had launched their own criminal proceedings in order to be able to put aside the investigations that have been going on in Portugal for 14 years.

All investigations against Brückner are part of a large conspiracy, instigated by Scotland Yard, which are under pressure to succeed. The conclusions of the Portuguese investigators - that Maddie's parents were to blame for the disappearance of their daughter - were ignored, instead a kind of "syndicate" was formed, which submitted to the British authorities."

Neues Buch im Fall Maddie: Ex-Polizist schimpft auf deutsche Ermittler

What kind of a man is this guy? Disgusting!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member