Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

Please forgive my ignorance as I've not been able to catch up.
Do we know how long Sharon was alive after she was kidnapped? Just thinking about the dyed hair and nails :(
May she finally RIP, beautiful baby.

I can't keep watching the conference because I have other things I need to do today, but something interesting Sharon's nephew mentioned is that she wasn't living with her parents at the time. She lived with her grandmother, aunt, and some siblings and cousins, but not her parents. I wonder where her parents were?

Someone found a little girl named Sharon Lee Gallegos while reading about Little Miss Nobody. I'm surprised we never saw any of the articles she's mentioned in. This is not my find, I'm just entering her in NamUs.

My email to Brenda, Melissa and Dustin. It's gonna take me a few posts to get it all in. I'm not going to post the text to the articles so that I'm not breaking any WS rules. Huge thank you to Migmuu for helping me with the newspaper.com articles!

One of my pet cases is UP #10741 who's been nicknamed "Little Miss Nobody" (LMN). While researching LMN , a little girl named Sharon Lee Gallegos who was kidnapped at 2:55pm on July 21, 1960 from 512 Virginia Ave, Alamogordo, NM. was mentioned in a few articles. August 2, 1960 - Prescott Evening Courier - Officers Still Seek Clues To ID body Of Girl - MISSING GIRL IN N.M. MAY BE NEW LEAD
The last article about LMN that Sharon is mentioned in is about their foot prints being sent to the FBI. It's said they do not think Sharon is 10741 but I'm not sure if she was ruled out. August 5, 1960 Prescott Evening Courier Footprints Might Lead To Body ID

Sharon is not in any database so I entered her, she's NamUs MP #35250, but I wanted to make sure I touched base with you. I'm including Dustin on this email since UP 10741 is his case. I wanted to make sure I had every article I could find for history since she's not listed. They have all been screen shotted and typed out as well, to make it easier to compose the circumstances. I also included the article links so it's easier for you to confirm where they came from. The articles are listed in order in this email.

To date, Sharon has not been found. I have a lot of information but am missing height and weight. We've found 2 articles for the 5 year anniversary (included below). I also found that someone named Rhonda started a FB page for Sharon called Where is Sharon Lynn Gallegos? (Her middle name is wrong) but they pulled it offline. Here is the google cache.

Hopefully LE can get in contact with Sharon's sister who still lives in Alamogordo.

Sharon Gallegos was kidnapped Thursday, July 21, 1960 in an alley to the rear of her home at 512 Virginia Avenue on Alamogordo's south side at 2:55 p.m. by a man and a woman.

Sharon who would have been 5 on September 5th, was described as having light brown, blondish hair, a light complexion and brown eyes, and was wearing pink shorts and white shoes when she was dragged into a " dirty, old green car" believed to be a dark green 1951 or 1952 Dodge or Plymouth.

At the time of the abduction an Anglo man, described as fair and thin, drove the car which sped South and West onto Fifth Street after Sharon was kidnapped. The woman was described as a short, heavy-set, woman in her 30's with dirty blond hair. The couple had been stalking Sharon for the last week. After church the previous Sunday they were seen with two youngsters in their car, a small girl and a freckle-faced boy. The woman asked about Sharon's mother, saying she wanted to offer her a job.

The car stopped, the woman asked Sharon to come with her and she'd buy her clothes and candy. When Sharon refused, the woman grabbed her arm and dragged her into the car.

Birth date - September 6, 1955
Light brown hair
Fair complexion
Brown eyes
Sharon was wearing pink shorts and white shoes
Scars/ Marks - Birth mark on one hip
Mrs. Lupe Gallegos, had nick-named Sharon "La Huera" because of her blondish hair and fair complexion.
NO HEIGHT OR WEIGHT

There were statements by LE in the various articles, but I don't think Alamogordo LE names were even given except in Arizona.
Yavapai County Sheriff - Jim Cramer
Yavapai County Attorney - Jim Boyle
Congress Junction Deputy - Dan Jacobs
Prescott Justice of the Peace - Jerold P. Kolar
Under Sheriff - Sam Saum
Deputy Yavapai County Attorney - George Ireland
The FBI was working the case in Alamogordo

City of Alamogordo > Departments > Police
700 Virginia Avenue.
Alamogordo, New Mexico 88310
Phone: (575) 439-4300
Fax: (575) 439-4320
alamogordopd@ci.alamogordo.nm.us
http://ci.alamogordo.nm.us/coa/Police_Department.htm

View attachment 101307

View attachment 101308

View attachment 101309

July 22, 1960 - Alamogordo Daily News from Alamogordo, New Mexico · Page 1 "She's My Baby... I Miss Her..." Distraught Mother Pleads For Return Of Daughter, 4 - Kidnappers Car Vanishes After Daylight Snatch

View attachment 101310

View attachment 101311

July 24, 1960 Alamogordo Daily News from Alamogordo, New Mexico · Page 6 Child not found Old green car hunt continues

View attachment 101312

View attachment 101313

July 28, 1960 - El Paso Herald-Post from El Paso, Texas · Page 2 - Hundreds Of Angles Checked In Kidnapping

View attachment 101314

August 2, 1960 - Prescott Evening Courier Officers Still Seek Clues To ID body Of Girl - MISSING GIRL IN N.M. MAY BE NEW LEAD

View attachment 101315

August 3, 1960 Prescott Evening Courier New Lead Is No Help In Learning ID of Little Girls Body on page 1

View attachment 101316

August 5, 1960 Prescott Evening Courier Footprints Might Lead To Body ID

View attachment 101317

Jun 25, 1965, Fri, Alamogordo Daily News, Page 1 - A Mother Still Remembers And Yearns... After 5 Years, Hope Remains By Sally Sparlin

View attachment 101318

View attachment 101319

July 2, 1965 Friday Tuscaloosa News Report On Kidnap Victim Is Awaited

View attachment 101320

Little Miss Nobody, forever in my heart!
Well done again @othram !
I pulled these posts from earlier in the thread for those that may want to catch up -

Now that we know definitively that it was in fact Sharon. I now am curious (reading back the thread) about the many comments excluding her due to a lack of match of a footprint. The police department also mentioned the footprint exclusion as a reason they removed Sharon as a possibility.

I am also curious about the lack of information regarding the birthmark/identifying marks that were noted on Sharon's report, were not mentioned on LMN's report.

I think it is miscommunication like this that make people like the websleuth's here so incredibly important. Public information is key in solving these horrible crimes

Her body had been partially burned, right? Could that have destroyed the birthmarks/identifiers?

Do we know how long Sharon was alive after she was kidnapped? Just thinking about the dyed hair and nails :(

I believe she died almost immediately. Her body was found 10 days after she was kidnapped, and at that time, they estimated that she had been dead from 7 to 14 days.

My tentative theory is that, since she was living in a home with siblings and cousins, that the older children may have innocently played ‘dress up’ with her—accounting for the nails. From what her nephew said, she had naturally light hair—there’s been speculation earlier on this thread that her hair may have been sun bleached, rather than dyed.

Someone found a little girl named Sharon Lee Gallegos while reading about Little Miss Nobody. I'm surprised we never saw any of the articles she's mentioned in. This is not my find, I'm just entering her in NamUs.

My email to Brenda, Melissa and Dustin. It's gonna take me a few posts to get it all in. I'm not going to post the text to the articles so that I'm not breaking any WS rules. Huge thank you to Migmuu for helping me with the newspaper.com articles!

One of my pet cases is UP #10741 who's been nicknamed "Little Miss Nobody" (LMN). While researching LMN , a little girl named Sharon Lee Gallegos who was kidnapped at 2:55pm on July 21, 1960 from 512 Virginia Ave, Alamogordo, NM. was mentioned in a few articles. August 2, 1960 - Prescott Evening Courier - Officers Still Seek Clues To ID body Of Girl - MISSING GIRL IN N.M. MAY BE NEW LEAD
The last article about LMN that Sharon is mentioned in is about their foot prints being sent to the FBI. It's said they do not think Sharon is 10741 but I'm not sure if she was ruled out. August 5, 1960 Prescott Evening Courier Footprints Might Lead To Body ID

Sharon is not in any database so I entered her, she's NamUs MP #35250, but I wanted to make sure I touched base with you. I'm including Dustin on this email since UP 10741 is his case. I wanted to make sure I had every article I could find for history since she's not listed. They have all been screen shotted and typed out as well, to make it easier to compose the circumstances. I also included the article links so it's easier for you to confirm where they came from. The articles are listed in order in this email.

To date, Sharon has not been found. I have a lot of information but am missing height and weight. We've found 2 articles for the 5 year anniversary (included below). I also found that someone named Rhonda started a FB page for Sharon called Where is Sharon Lynn Gallegos? (Her middle name is wrong) but they pulled it offline. Here is the google cache.

Hopefully LE can get in contact with Sharon's sister who still lives in Alamogordo.

Sharon Gallegos was kidnapped Thursday, July 21, 1960 in an alley to the rear of her home at 512 Virginia Avenue on Alamogordo's south side at 2:55 p.m. by a man and a woman.

Sharon who would have been 5 on September 5th, was described as having light brown, blondish hair, a light complexion and brown eyes, and was wearing pink shorts and white shoes when she was dragged into a " dirty, old green car" believed to be a dark green 1951 or 1952 Dodge or Plymouth.

At the time of the abduction an Anglo man, described as fair and thin, drove the car which sped South and West onto Fifth Street after Sharon was kidnapped. The woman was described as a short, heavy-set, woman in her 30's with dirty blond hair. The couple had been stalking Sharon for the last week. After church the previous Sunday they were seen with two youngsters in their car, a small girl and a freckle-faced boy. The woman asked about Sharon's mother, saying she wanted to offer her a job.

The car stopped, the woman asked Sharon to come with her and she'd buy her clothes and candy. When Sharon refused, the woman grabbed her arm and dragged her into the car.

Birth date - September 6, 1955
Light brown hair
Fair complexion
Brown eyes
Sharon was wearing pink shorts and white shoes
Scars/ Marks - Birth mark on one hip
Mrs. Lupe Gallegos, had nick-named Sharon "La Huera" because of her blondish hair and fair complexion.
NO HEIGHT OR WEIGHT

There were statements by LE in the various articles, but I don't think Alamogordo LE names were even given except in Arizona.
Yavapai County Sheriff - Jim Cramer
Yavapai County Attorney - Jim Boyle
Congress Junction Deputy - Dan Jacobs
Prescott Justice of the Peace - Jerold P. Kolar
Under Sheriff - Sam Saum
Deputy Yavapai County Attorney - George Ireland
The FBI was working the case in Alamogordo

City of Alamogordo > Departments > Police
700 Virginia Avenue.
Alamogordo, New Mexico 88310
Phone: (575) 439-4300
Fax: (575) 439-4320
alamogordopd@ci.alamogordo.nm.us
http://ci.alamogordo.nm.us/coa/Police_Department.htm

View attachment 101307

View attachment 101308

View attachment 101309

July 22, 1960 - Alamogordo Daily News from Alamogordo, New Mexico · Page 1 "She's My Baby... I Miss Her..." Distraught Mother Pleads For Return Of Daughter, 4 - Kidnappers Car Vanishes After Daylight Snatch

View attachment 101310

View attachment 101311

Found July 31, 1960 - so 10 days.
After 62 years, "Little Miss Nobody" is Identified

I believe she died almost immediately. Her body was found 10 days after she was kidnapped, and at that time, they estimated that she had been dead from 7 to 14 days.

My tentative theory is that, since she was living in a home with siblings and cousins, that the older children may have innocently played ‘dress up’ with her—accounting for the nails. From what her nephew said, she had naturally light hair—there’s been speculation earlier on this thread that her hair may have been sun bleached, rather than dyed.
I don't know much about this case and haven't watched the conference yet but is it be possible that the kidnappers did dye her hair so if anyone was looking for her they might not recognize her? I also wonder why she was killed almost immediately if the kidnappers were the murderers, considering they allegedly had been scoping her out for a while, I would have assumed they'd have kept her alive for a while...

Rip Sharon

If you are not listening to the live feed, the police are interested in following up on the following information in regards to the case.
1951 or 1952 Dark Green Car. Possibly Dodge or Plymouth
Suspects asked for directions to Alamo Lake Rd, where body was found
White (pale) Man and Woman. Woman was noted to have spoken with local church (5 days prior to abduction) about Sharon's mother, where she lived. ect.
Reports state that there were 2 other children in the car at the time of the abduction, one being a freckled face boy

Original clothing has been discarded due to improper storage and as a result, became molded.

10 days

I don't know much about this case and haven't watched the conference yet but is it be possible that the kidnappers did dye her hair so if anyone was looking for her they might not recognize her? I also wonder why she was killed almost immediately if the kidnappers were the murderers, considering they allegedly had been scoping her out for a while, I would have assumed they'd have kept her alive for a while...

Rip Sharon

I’m baffled by the stalking aspect, too.

Her body had been partially burned, right? Could that have destroyed the birthmarks/identifiers?
I missed that she had been burned. I do wish we had more information directly from the source about stuff like this. They knew what clothing she had on, they mentioned the color and patterns on the clothing.

Thank you mommabee
Doenetwork says she had been passed for a week or two, and she was missing 10 days before she was found?
It just makes my heart hurt to think she was kept alive for a few days, and why :( as awful as that sounds.

In the thread for Sharon Lee Gallegos, it mentions that Sharon’s sister had submitted her DNA to LE for identification purposes, so it’s interesting that it took forensic genealogy to make the match. Maybe it was difficult to get a good sample from little Sharon?

Thank you for doing this work, Othram. It’s so wonderful to have this closure.

Just my own personal theory, but I wonder if this little girl was Hispanic or at least had some Hispanic in her? Just a hunch that she might be, I could be wrong. I'm not sure how common hair dye was for children back in the day, but Henna was popular for some time in the 60s/70s.

Bringing this forward, since we know now that Sharon was Hispanic

This is really good.

Sadly, by "ruling out Sharon" in 1960, investigators in AZ probably didn't look for the vehicle, woman, man and other children who may have had connections to the area.

I wonder if there were composites of the woman and man?

Bringing this forward, since we know now that Sharon was Hispanic
Her mom called her "huera", which means "fair".

Her hair probably had natural reds in it. It may have already been bleached reddish by the sun at the time of her abduction.

Additionally, hair still bleaches after someone dies. (Oxidation)

Brown hair bleaches red. I tried Sun-in one year, and my hair looked like a carrot!

I wonder if her parents were told that the Doe had painted nails. Im sorry to mention it again, it just seems crazy that if her parents said oh yes, our Sharon liked her nails done, that she was still ruled out. Or was it common for little ones to have painted nails then?
It honestly is just breaking my heart thinking that her abductor could've done her nails. I think its because my daughter is little Sharon's age, and we love painting eachothers nails. The thought of that vile vile person doing that makes me feel ill.

I can't keep watching the conference because I have other things I need to do today, but something interesting Sharon's nephew mentioned is that she wasn't living with her parents at the time. She lived with her grandmother, aunt, and some siblings and cousins, but not her parents. I wonder where her parents were?
i understood it that her mother also lived there and the father had left the family and was not in contact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01
Back