Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

I'm ignorant about cars, but dark green seems like an unusual color for that era. Maybe not. But could this have been a man with some money? Could a dealership have worked with police to trace this back then?

Last edited:
I will have to listen to it again, but in one of my true crime channels the name of one particular weirdo and his wife were mentioned.

This duo would go around abducting, or at least trying to abduct, children from migrant camps in particular, as this is where the man would often work.

In January 1961, a six year old named Rose Marie Riddle was kidnapped from a migrant work camp in California.

A pregnant woman lured her into a car, later identified as Dixie Lindsey and the driver was identified as Richard Lindsey.

Richard wanted a young girl for sexual purposes. He forced himself upon her and threw her out of the car thinking she was dead after choking her. Dixie saw she was not dead and beat her with a tire iron.

Dixie fits the physical description as a short, heavyset blonde woman and Richard has a sharp nose and combed back hair. This strongly fits the description of the man and woman who kidnapped Sharon.

The couple had 3 children, and Richard was known to travel around the sound for work, specifically at migrant camps.

The police thought they were strong suspects, but could not conclusively link them to Sharon.

Some more info on that case:

Madera Tribune 17 January 1961 — California Digital Newspaper Collection

People v. Lindsey - 56 Cal.2d 324 - Mon, 07/24/1961 | California Supreme Court Resources

In January 1961, a six year old named Rose Marie Riddle was kidnapped from a migrant work camp in California.

A pregnant woman lured her into a car, later identified as Dixie Lindsey and the driver was identified as Richard Lindsey.

Richard wanted a young girl for sexual purposes. He forced himself upon her and threw her out of the car thinking she was dead after choking her. Dixie saw she was not dead and beat her with a tire iron.

Dixie fits the physical description as a short, heavyset blonde woman and Richard has a sharp nose and combed back hair. This strongly fits the description of the man and woman who kidnapped Sharon.

The couple had 3 children, and Richard was known to travel around the sound for work, specifically at migrant camps.

The police thought they were strong suspects, but could not conclusively link them to Sharon.

People v. Lindsey - 56 Cal.2d 324 - Mon, 07/24/1961 | California Supreme Court Resources

Wow! Timeframe, description of perps, description of victim, modus operandi....

I wonder what sort of a car they had?

And I certainly know why my family wouldn’t let me play anywhere near the county road. (Sharon was four years older than I was.)

Link to image of Dixie and Richard Lindsey
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...4b58-bc54-d7cbb65eca29_2048x.jpg?v=1498851718

1961 Press Photo Richard Lindsey with wife Dixie confessed to the abduction

RSB69911_ce776d2b-3207-4b58-bc54-d7cbb65eca29_2048x.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider him 'fair' or her hair 'dirty blonde' although it's probably hard to judge from a black and white photo and they could've dyed their hair.

If by any chance, they were the perps in Sharon’s case, trying to change their appearance would seem plausible.

I've been thinking about Sharon all day, as I'm sure all of you have too.
This might sound strange to say, but I'm really glad this was her. Her death was tragic, but she was a happy little girl from a loving family. I was scared that LMNB was an abused girl who was eventually murdered by her parents, who flew under the radar for 60+ years. There's never a good outcome when it comes to murdered children, but I'm glad Sharon lived a good life, even if it was short.

The FBI said the footprint where the body was found was not Sharon's.

However, there were two other children in that vehicle, so I don't know why they didn't put two and two together.

You've got to be kidding me. <modsnip>
I never dreamed they were stupid enough to believe that a footprint from the body location would belong to the victim. Hey, stand here for a few minutes, before we kill you and burn you.

Sharon was long dead before they arrived at that site.

One article that caught my eye was a guy who could be placed in both locations, first in Alamogordo on the 21st then nearly a week later out in the desert near Prescott. I believe his name was Davidson. Seemed like law enforcement gave up on that lead rather quickly, solely based on indications that only his 4 children were with him at the time.

Was hoping if someone would have notice a plate on the vehicle. Sharon's aunt had an eye condition, but there were 16 and 11 year olds who apparently witnessed the abduction. Back then, license plates were colorized by each state. New Mexico's were bright red and yellow. Texas' were black with white lettering.
Arizona's were blue with white lettering. California's were black with yellow lettering.

Someone certainly would have noticed whether the plate was red and yellow.....

I never dreamed they were stupid enough to believe that a footprint from the body location would belong to the victim. Hey, stand here for a few minutes, before we kill you and burn you.

One article that caught my eye was a guy who could be placed in both locations, first in Alamogordo on the 21st then nearly a week later out in the desert near Prescott. I believe his name was Davidson. Seemed like law enforcement gave up on that lead rather quickly, solely based on indications that only his 4 children were with him at the time.

I couldn’t imagine that they’d think that a footprint at the burial site belonged to her! I sort of thought that the FBI was going by the size of her feet/shoes. (Was she wearing shoes when found?)

But on the Sharon Gallegos side of things, they talked about footprints, too, I thought. And how could that make any sense at all, in a house that seemed to be full of little children? I suppose they checked her shoes—left behind? Hmmm, at that age, I only had one pair of shoes at a time. No point in having multiple pairs until your feet start growing, unless it’s a well-to-do family. So, they MIGHT have just had to measure random children’s footprints.

What on earth made them so confident?

all this MOO

Hopefully they weren't dumb enough to get rid of those footprints, they could be very important right now.

Those photos should be shown to the two neighbors, if they are still alive. I think the names were Mary Lou Badial and Dolores Badial. They would be in their early to mid 70s today. Dolores was the one who walked Sharon to the market earlier that afternoon. Sharon saw the green car, got scared, and asked to be picked up and carried home.

Some of the articles were not specific toward time frame. But this link indicated that much of the stalking happened earlier the same day. If so, the couple was in a hurry and determined to make it happen that day. That's why they didn't care if the neighbors noticed them in the alley, staring at the Gallegos home:

Sharon Lee Gallegos: abducted by couple in broad daylight in 1960 -True Crime Diva

That author was one of many who believed Little Miss Nobody was likely Sharon Gallegos. I thought the same thing years ago when first sampling this case. Then the reports surfaced in this thread of the DNA not matching her sister. I guess we'll never know what happened there.

Sadly, it looks like her sister passed away in 2017. This appears to be the obituary. Strangely no mention of Sharon, at least not that I saw. The one sister mentioned was named Ruthie:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/lcsun-news/name/ramona-chavez-obituary?id=12083196

Those photos should be shown to the two neighbors, if they are still alive. I think the names were Mary Lou Badial and Dolores Badial. They would be in their early to mid 70s today. Dolores was the one who walked Sharon to the market earlier that afternoon. Sharon saw the green car, got scared, and asked to be picked up and carried home.

Some of the articles were not specific toward time frame. But this link indicated that much of the stalking happened earlier the same day. If so, the couple was in a hurry and determined to make it happen that day. That's why they didn't care if the neighbors noticed them in the alley, staring at the Gallegos home:

Sharon Lee Gallegos: abducted by couple in broad daylight in 1960 -True Crime Diva

That author was one of many who believed Little Miss Nobody was likely Sharon Gallegos. I thought the same thing years ago when first sampling this case. Then the reports surfaced in this thread of the DNA not matching her sister. I guess we'll never know what happened there.

Sadly, it looks like her sister passed away in 2017. This appears to be the obituary. Strangely no mention of Sharon, at least not that I saw. The one sister mentioned was named Ruthie:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/lcsun-news/name/ramona-chavez-obituary?id=12083196

They may not have known what to say about Sharon at the time. Was she raised by the fat blonde lady or was she LMN? I believe Ramona's DNA was the one that was compared, so she probably didn't know what to think etc.

Her son Rey spoke at the press conference today. He also is a member of Websleuths and posted on Sharon's thread a few years ago. He wrote a paper about Sharon when he was in high school or college.

Last edited:
I sort of thought that the FBI was going by the size of her feet/shoes. (Was she wearing shoes when found?)

She was wearing adult flip flops cut to fit her feet, but not shoes that were actually her size or belonged to her.

Hopefully they weren't dumb enough to get rid of those footprints, they could be very important right now.

I'm sure LE has lost them by now, since everything seems to have gone wrong in this case.

I like to tinker around with Google Maps, for perspective purposes. Here is another angle of the home, with the trees out of the way:

Google Maps

The reports indicate that Sharon was abducted from an alley behind her home. Apparently the property hasn't changed too much. This appears to be the entrance to the back alley. The home is light brown roof at right:

Google Maps

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back