Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, even DP doesn't have it right. (No surprise there!)

3/11/1998- Christie Marie Cales goes missing from Blue Island IL at age 40.
(From our timeline and news article)

Stacy is 23 in 2007...........

That would mean she would have been 14 years old when her mother disappeared. Right??
From an article from the MSNBC website...

"But within five years of their marriage, someone started sending Kathleen letters suggesting that her husband was having an affair, something which resulted in her filing for divorce. This was due in part to Drew's relationship with the future Mrs. Stacy Peterson."

What year di DP and Kathleen get married??

I would love to know what that 2nd warrant was for. It had to have been the diamond ring! Or maybe his police baton.

I found an address for Christie Cales aka Christie Toutges in Frankfort, KY.
I can't seem to find a link to KY prior to her disappearance.

Sad as it is to say, I hope this woman didn't really just walk out on her surviving kids. On the other hand, it would be wonderful to find out she is still alive.

While looking up info for Sheila's timeline, great work btw, I ran across an article where Drew stated that his department found out about his relationship with Stacey. The department did an investigation and the States Attorney's office told them that Drew was doing nothing wrong. To me it sounds like according the Kathleen's letter to the S.A. and her friends comment to Steve. H., that Kathleen initiated the investigation into Drew and Stacey's relationship. In other article's Drew had tried to make it sound like he was concerned and instigated the investigation. Once again he lied.

We really need to confirm whether Drew knew Stacey's mom or not. Drew mentions Stacey's mom alot for a woman that hasn't been in anyone's life for 8-9 years, and makes a point of mentioning he thinks she's still alive.

So we have the States Attorney's office saying it's ok for Drew, a cop, to date a 17 year old in the police explorer program.

The States Attorneys office, per Drew's request, twice charges and twice prosecute's Kathleen for DV.

The States Attorney's office refuses to aknowledge the receipt of and follow up on Kathleen's letter.

The States Attorney's investigator testifies before the Coroner's Jury that there is "little blood" and no evidence of foul play. When even four years later it's obvious the opposite is true.

So who at the States Attorney's office did Drew have in his pocket?

At the presser, a reporter specifically asked how no one four years ago could see what's obvious now? He got, "we can't comment on that."

Sad as it is to say, I hope this woman didn't really just walk out on her surviving kids. On the other hand, it would be wonderful to find out she is still alive.

I wonder if there's been any activity of Stacey's mom's social security number since she's been missing.

Sgt. Peterson's Third Wife Begged for Help at Least 17 Months Before Mysterious Death

It seems that Sgt. Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, took all the right steps to protect herself from an abusive husband. She spoke to police, obtained an order of protection, called 911 after frightening arguments, went to the hospital to report injuries and even wrote to an assistant state's attorney with concerns about her safety.

And they are saying it

snip...Even if Savio’s death was an accident, 18 domestic calls, pleas for help from state officials and concerns that she allegedly shared with her family warranted a serious investigation into her death.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,310178,00.html

I'm going to try to relay what was said at the presser today for the benefit of those who can't watch it.

*LONG POST WARNING*

Charles Pelke- Dir Public affairs for Will Co S.A. James Glasgow's office

There will be 2 speakers today: Glasgow and Cpt Carl Dobrich of ISP.

2 detectives are there with the S. A.'s office COMPUTER CRIMES unit. :confused:

James Glasgow:

The ISP and S.A.s office working around the clock to find SP. In missing persons case, they follow homicide protocol. You can't go back and reconstruct evidence. Using the highest level of investigative techniques in this investigation. ISP has done everything asked of them. They are formally reopening investigation into the death of Kathleen.

All resources have been going toward finding SP, so looking into Kathleen has taken longer than expected. Glasgow has been doing this since 1978 and has never been involved in an exhumation. They handed out petition for exhumation today. None of his colleagues have either. extraordinary measure. They've done the filings to do the exhumation. Petition is based on new evidence they have obtained in SP's investigation. Analysis of autopsy protocol, facts collected at time of investigation- gash to the back of her head not sufficient to render her unconscious. hopes the exhumation will help with that. Wound would have produced profuse bleeding. blood evidence in tub area not consistent with water leaking slowly out of the tub and leaving a residue. abrasions on her left buttock and elbow are not the type of injuries that would occur on a slick surface as those in the tub area. Hoping to find cause of unconsiousness, no one drowns in a tub unless they are unconsious. Looking for trace evidence and Xrays will be taken. Microscopic examination of tissue looking for evidence of choking and other injuries. Independent medical examiner will do the additional autopsy. The defendent cannot admit into evidence that the jury inquest had ruled it an accident. They were successful in bringing the peterson kids to the child advocacy center to be interviewed. they were able to get consent this week. they tried to minimize the trauma to the children. Neutral nonsuggestive atmosphere.

Now, Glasgow turns it over to Carl Dobridge, Commander of investigations of ISP.

Dobridge: Just wants to summarize from beginning to where they are at today. ISP received info from Cassandra cales and family who reported SP missing to ISP district 5 in lockport around 4 am on Oct 29th. Passed along to investigations that morning. Called BB PD that morning to inquire about progress, and offered their assitance. At that time, BBPD initially told ISP that they WOULD handle the investigation. A short time after that BBPD decided that they would turn it over to ISP. That afternoon a team of investigators went to BBPD and talked to BBPD investigators. THen to DP home and talked to him. AT THAT TIME, he was cooperative and allowed them to do a limited consentual search of residence, nothing was found. Both vehicles were there. they were allowed access to the denali, but not the pontiac grand prix. The ISP then left, put out informational bulletins- entered SP into missing persons database. Since that time, 15- 20 ISP officers (supported by BBPD officers) have conducted numerous interviews of family, friends, known associates, classmates, BBP officers, of both drew and stacy. they have also conducted quite detailed telephone analysis of calls of SP and DP cell phones. Those cell phone calls have been plotted on a map, and given the best estimates that we can, we have tried to superimpose them on a map of where searches should take place. Will county and Grunde (sp?) county have taken place for the last week.... based upon info learned from beginning to date. Lists search equipment, mentions equusearch. Searching waterways in the area.

The investigation this week, as you know, we conducted 2 separate search warrants. One on the home, vehicles and a trailer of the P residence on pheasant chase. Subsequent to that we went back and served another seach warrant based upon things we learned thru interviews after the first SW. We thought we might find evidence of a crime at the residence or vehicles and supportive evidence in computers that were taken from the residence.

We have deployed a huge amount of assets to search in this area.

During SP's investigation, they decided to reopen the Savio investigation. Ready for questions.

(Hard to hear the questions, I'll do my best to just give most vivid points of interest)

* DP was person of interest in the first 24 hours. Now has gone to Suspect.

*DP limited areas to search in consentual search.
*We are searching all the areas that we think we could find her.
*No comment on whether they think he had help disposing of SP's body.
*Wont comment on the phone call at 9 PM Sunday night.
*Any use of Credit cards? Not going to get into that.
*The case has shifted from Missing Person to potential homicide case.
*Last time he was cooperative? The last cooperation from DP was the night of the first search warrant.
*When will the exhumation happen? Can't answer that- still in discussion stages.
*"SUSPECT" only applies to SP case so far.
*Was grand Prix the vehicle they thought was the one used to move the body? No Comment.
*Do you believe that Savio was murdered? Strong indications that show it was a homicide. tests were not done during the first autopsy. Crime scene photos are not consistent with an accident.
*Is DP a suspect for Savio? My office does not declare people as suspects.
*Why are computer crimes detectives here? John Conner is head of computer crimes unit. Dave Margliano is highly skilled in computer forensics. Computers are now a real issue, everyone has them. There is always valuable info in computers. Can't comment on what evidence is on computers, but computer crimes detectives have been very busy in this case.
*Has DP being a police officer helped or hurt the investigation? In looking at the death of Savio, twice in 2002 she was charged with battery, and was found innocent at trial in both cases. WHen she sought to have DP charged with crimes against her, there was no report even taken. very unusual. WOn't comment on whether people covered things up for him.
*Wants to appeal to the public. If anyone in the public has info- call anonymously if you need to- but please keep calling in tips.
*BBPD Chief has been outstanding in the support of the ISP. "Super supportive" want a resolution, can't say enough about them.
*This S.A. said that he was not in office when Savio tried to get help from the ISP.
*The S.A.'s office did not want to interview the boys at the time of Savio's death as to "not put undue stress" on them."
*Do you have any reason to believe that SP might have had anything to do with the death of Kathleen Savio? I am not going to answer that.
*The inquest was held when the primary officer was on vacation.
*Has the media helped or hurt this investigation? The media has been a great asset to us as far as searching for stacy. Got the message out. Lots of people offering assistance. All searches are now being done by Equusearch.
*SA says, with 29 years of experience, there is no doubt in my mind that Savio's death was NOT an accident. Pat ONeil is an exemplary coroner, and SA doesn't know what happened here.

*****END OF PRESSER*****

Below in regards to Drew's reinstatement on the Bolingbrook PD:

The charges later were dropped. Special prosecutor Raymond Bolden said at the time the charges were not provable. Drew Peterson won reinstatement with the department in March 1986. Judge Edwin Grabiec ruled police and fire commissioners lacked sufficient evidence to find Peterson guilty of the charges.

Is Raymond Bolden with the States Attorney's office as well? It sounds like Bolingbrook PD has had their hands tied by the States Attorney's office for quite sometime.

Is Raymond Bolden with the States Attorney's office as well? It sounds like Bolingbrook PD has had their hands tied by the States Attorney's office for quite sometime.

It sure as heck does!

There has been talk that he may have dated Stacy's older sister Tina who died last year I believe in Sept. from Colon Cancer at the age of 29.

In an interview with Stacey's aunt, Cnn John Roberts states this as fact. But there is no other official confirmation. Below is my original post on this. Video link included.

11-07-2007, 07:14 AM
SuziQ
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1780303", true);

Remember how Drew made such a point to mention that he met Stacey at the motel she worked at? In the Cnn.com video linked below, John Roberts discusses and Stacey's aunt nods in agreement. That Drew dated Stacey's older sister. So how well did Drew know their mother?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...woman.aunt.cnn

ETA: And how old was Stacey really when Drew met her?

The latest from Gretawire:

(snip)
What has not been reported today — and I guess for good reason - is that Mark Fuhrman got awakened at 2am at his hotel room…why? listen to GretaCast…and here is more: there is a problem with trying to recover the ashes of Stacy’s sister which are inside Sgt. Peterson’s home…no, I did not make this up….listen to GretaCast….

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/1...-stacys-sisters-ashes-with-sgt-peterson/1919/

ETA: Hopefully fixed the above link. The Audio file however, is not working.

If Stacy is dead, which it sadly looks like she is, and Drew goes to jail....what will happen to Stacy's children? Will Cassandra take them? I am so worried about those babies. And what of Kathleen's children? I wonder if her sister--is it Sue?-- will take THEM?

mssheila, THANK YOU so much for the summary of the pc. I wasn't able to catch that today. So he's a suspect now....or should I say, FINALLY! Yay for them.

I wonder if he was chatting online with other women.

She's also listed as:

CALES,CHRISTIE M
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Associated names:
spacer.gif

CALLES, CHRISTY M
TAYLOR, CHRISTY M
TOUTGES, CHRISTIE
FRANKFORT, KY
DOWNERS GROVE, IL

Ric terrified of Peterson, alot of neighbors, friends, co-workers, ex-wives, etc is very fearful of Peterson. The neighborhood freaked out over Drew coming back home last night. LE can't guarantee Sharon's safetly so she moved to a hotel.

http://gretawire.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/steph-leaving-il.mp3

ETA: IIRC, Tim Miller spoke to Drew by phone and asked him to hand over Stacey's sister's ashes.

She's also listed as:

CALES,CHRISTIE M
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Associated names:
spacer.gif

CALLES, CHRISTY M
TAYLOR, CHRISTY M
TOUTGES, CHRISTIE
FRANKFORT, KY
DOWNERS GROVE, IL

I hope it's her, I hope she's ok.

I hope it's her, I hope she's ok.

I'm not saying she is okay, just that she is still listed and her age reflects 49. Those records stay in there forever and each year they progress the age. My late father is still listed and he passed away in '95.

Those just are two of the places she had lived, but nothing was registered in CA which is strange since Stacy was born out here in Long Beach.

I'm not saying she is okay, just that she is still listed and her age reflects 49. Those records stay in there forever and each year they progress the age. My late father is still listed and he passed away in '95.

Those just are two of the places she had lived, but nothing was registered in CA which is strange since Stacy was born out here in Long Beach.

Oh ok, I getcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member