Thoughts on Daylight Saving Time...

I don't care which way we go - Daylight Savings or Standard Time - but enough of the switching back and forth! I hope this is the last time that we "spring forward" and that when (or if) we "fall back" in November, it's the last time we have to go through these shenanigans. JMO

Last edited:
Love love love DST. I live in the North, winters here are cold and long and dreary enough as it is, it's awful when it gets dark so early in the afternoon (starts as early as 4:30pm). Gimme more light at the end of the day, it makes it easier to get the dog out for a walk after work for most of us, also most people run errands and do outdoor activities in the late afternoon/early evening (at least where I live), so I am one of those who love Daylight Savings Time.

Most of the parents where I live don’t like the darkness in the morning when kids are waiting for school bus pick up, and they don’t like the extra daylight in the evening when trying to get kids to bed. Also many of us walk our dogs early in the morning before work and would prefer the extra daylight in the morning rather than evening.

I’m sure there will be people who prefer morning daylight and those who prefer evening daylight. Personally I just want it one way or the other with no more springing forward or falling back.

The benefits of maintaining Standard Time year-round have been long noted and documented. Truthfully, we are not changing time. We are just changing what we call what time it is.

It is probably fairly well known that I ABHOR DST but then I am a creature of the night.

Most of the parents where I live don’t like the darkness in the morning when kids are waiting for school bus pick up, and they don’t like the extra daylight in the evening when trying to get kids to bed. Also many of us walk our dogs early in the morning before work and would prefer the extra daylight in the morning rather than evening.

I’m sure there will be people who prefer morning daylight and those who prefer evening daylight. Personally I just want it one way or the other with no more springing forward or falling back.
LOL. Everyone is different. It is the opposite where I live. Live and let live.

The benefits of maintaining Standard Time year-round have been long noted and documented. Truthfully, we are not changing time. We are just changing what we call what time it is.

It is probably fairly well known that I ABHOR DST but then I am a creature of the night.
There are only 24 hours in a day, it is up to us how we handle them.

Whether standard time or daylight time is selected, I am sure we will all learn to deal with it better than switching time twice a year.

There are only 24 hours in a day, it is up to us how we handle them.

Whether standard time or daylight time is selected, I am sure we will all learn to deal with it better than switching time twice a year.
Exactly. Switching back and forth is a nuisance. Decide one way or the other, and stick to it permanently. JMO

"Daylight Saving Time (DST) is used to save energy and make better use of daylight. It was first used in 1908 in Thunder Bay, Canada.".

A little history about the origins.

Detroit — It's time to lose an hour of sleep, again.

Most clocks in the United States are slated to move ahead at 2 a.m. Sunday, the annual "spring forward" for the often derided daylight saving time.

That means Detroiters won't see the sunrise until roughly 7:50 a.m. and sunset until nearly 7:40 p.m. EST on Sunday.

The annual exercise has its critics, prompting the U.S. Senate last year to pass a reform bill that would make daylight saving time permanent across the country. But the effort stalled.

But the bill's Senate sponsor has reintroduced the legislation, hoping to recapture last year's unexpected reform momentum and "lock the clock."...

Good article, for those who may need some extra tips, to adjust with springing forward.

This weekend we spring forward. Daylight saving time is here, but not everyone thinks moving our clocks twice a year is a good move. Some Metro Detroit doctors believe it can affect your health.

Recently there has been a new push nationally and locally to stop clocks changing twice a year. Senator Marco Rubio introduced legislation to continue Daylight saving permanently. According to our clocks, the sun rises later and sets later, giving us more daylight in the evening hours...

Watch the video above for the full story.

I've always had trouble sleeping/getting to sleep, no matter if it is DST or Standard Time, these tips really help.
Thought I would share.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back