MD MD - Frederick, WhtFem 17-45, UP7477, in steamer trunk in state park, Spondylolysis, Aug'82

I don't think so. Back in 2020, NCMEC apparently got ahold of the remains to do an updated forensic composite. Maryland is just a very frustrating state with these types of cold cases and I don't know what the protocol is.
We can't be so sure with just the recon. Little Miss X's body has been lost since about the 60s and NCMEC could do a recon of her decades later.

We can't be so sure with just the recon. Little Miss X's body has been lost since about the 60s and NCMEC could do a recon of her decades later.
I’m not sure if they can without remains, typically they do an MRI scan to make a reconstruction out of

I follow one of the forensic artists for NCMEC on Instagram. She talks about the technology they use and even with how advanced things are nowadays, they still have to use the remains to update the composite. Pictures themselves are enough for an age progression, but a forensic composite on unidentified remains is a different area.

What they do (from both her explanation and my knowledge) is they scan the remains (i.e. the skull) and it turns into a 3D image for their software. They work off of that.

So, I genuinely don't know the status of The Cheerleader's remains but I can only hope that NCMEC has an idea of where they are.

I follow one of the forensic artists for NCMEC on Instagram. She talks about the technology they use and even with how advanced things are nowadays, they still have to use the remains to update the composite. Pictures themselves are enough for an age progression, but a forensic composite on unidentified remains is a different area.

What they do (from both her explanation and my knowledge) is they scan the remains (i.e. the skull) and it turns into a 3D image for their software. They work off of that.

So, I genuinely don't know the status of The Cheerleader's remains but I can only hope that NCMEC has an idea of where they are.
Weird. If they need the remains for a recon, how on earth did NCMEC get one done for LMX. Probably used a photo of the skull but who knows.

Weird. If they need the remains for a recon, how on earth did NCMEC get one done for LMX. Probably used a photo of the skull but who knows.
There are photos of the skull's left side and jaw available here on the Unidentified Wiki. I saw a photo of the front side of the skull once, but I can't remember where.

https:///wiki/Cheerleader_in_the_Trunk?so=search

Last edited:
Were the remains of this Doe cremated?
Find a Grave mentions her as "Incinerated":

Find a Grave mentions her as "Incinerated":

I hope this information is incorrect, but if it is really true then it would be very difficult to identify it.

I hope this information is incorrect, but if it is really true then it would be very difficult to identify it.
I don't think it's true. The NCMEC got a hold of her remains sometime in 2012 and even tried to extract DNA from them. But for some reason not enough DNA could be obtained. The article that I will share contains a photo of the skull that I bet the NCMEC used to create the composite.

Source: The Mystery Of The Cheerleader In The Trunk

I'm fairly certain they had good quality pictures of Miss X's skull, I recall seeing them in NamUs at one point. They also had pictures of her teeth and jaw, too.

I'm fairly certain they had good quality pictures of Miss X's skull, I recall seeing them in NamUs at one point. They also had pictures of her teeth and jaw, too.
Could be the same reason this Doe has one or who knows, they could have her remains. I really hope Miss X's remains are found soon...

This may be something for @othram to look into
I reached out to Othram back in November about this case. Never received a response about my submission/request, but they followed up with another question I had and said that the case owner/law enforcement also has to cooperate.

So.... even if Othram is ready and willing, they need to get in touch with the proper authorities to do this.

It's basically a waiting game.

I reached out to Othram back in November about this case. Never received a response about my submission/request, but they followed up with another question I had and said that the case owner/law enforcement also has to cooperate.

So.... even if Othram is ready and willing, they need to get in touch with the proper authorities to do this.

It's basically a waiting game.
That reminds me, I read a post about Cheerleader made by a member of our Othram Facebook group.

Someone else commented that they spoke to the detective in charge who said the state LOST the remains years ago. The NCMEC only extracted DNA from the trunk and were able to get a profile, but it was very degraded.

That reminds me, I read a post about Cheerleader made by a member of our Othram Facebook group.

Someone else commented that they spoke to the detective in charge who said the state LOST the remains years ago. The NCMEC only extracted DNA from the trunk and were able to get a profile, but it was very degraded.

I'd be surprised if NCMEC hasn't attempted to ask Othram for help.

The NamUs page was modified today, but the exclusions remain at 24 with Barbara Cotton being added 3 times.

The exclusions:

Barbara Cotton
Helen Allison
Eddy Segall
Barbara McClure
Zita Gutierrez
Michele Riedenbach
Andrea Coyle
Kathleen Durst
Emma Vaughn
Rachael Garden
Sherry Eyerly