Cal-Sag Channel Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are LoJack's an indash system? The warrant allegedly specified an "in dash GPS system"? Also are they standard on any vehicles, or is this something that Drew P would have had to have installed?

I own a Denali and it does have a GPS system in the dash - it came already installed from the factory.

I also have ONSTAR and wondered if they continually track a vehicle. I know a couple of weeks ago I ran the battery down on accident in the Target parking lot and called ONSTAR for service - they could tell exactly where I was.

Well, it's just weird because it's the Water Reclamation Plant AND the dog kennel. LOL :rolleyes:

The current seems unusually strong in the video of the divers, so that *could* attribute to the potential barrel being on the East side of the canal if he dumped it from the West side. Unless they were actually searching the on the West side of the canal and I have my directions screwed up. It appears there was media watching, IIRC? I didn't think the media was allowed into the restricted side, so if there was media watching, then I believe they had to have been searching the Western edge of the canal. I'll review the footage if I can find any and let you know what I see. Now I'M confused! LOL

FWIW, the S&S Canal fluctuates in width from 110 to 200 feet and is about 20 feet deep, but depth fluctuates as well.
Your are right, they were searching on the east side, which I also find odd, unless they have specific info that we don't, which is likely. If you look at the footage from the overhead chopper, you can see the shadows facing towards the top of the screen, meaning the sun is to the south. That makes the search side the east side.

Certainly if boats were on the west side, the chopper would have picked that up.

Maybe it's a LoJack Tracking System? My brother's a mechanic and he installs them. http://www.lojack.com/

Lojacks are an after market installation, but some dealers will provide it, if you ask, when you are buying a car. We put one on our Mom's car.

They are not always on or activated..they are turned on in the case of an emergency..car stolen, hostage situation, kidnapping...the owner of the car is not normally aware where on the car they are installed., just that it is there. You have to call the lojack co in the case of a stolen vehicle..they turn on the gps..and the car theives are found...it works..I know this from my Mom's car being stolen during the home invasion..within minutes after the call the police knew where the car and perp were.

Are LoJack's an indash system? The warrant allegedly specified an "in dash GPS system"? Also are they standard on any vehicles, or is this something that Drew P would have had to have installed?

It's usually installed aftermarket, although you can buy some brand new or used cars at a dealership and they will install it for you.

Lojacks are an after market installation, but some dealers will provide it, if you ask, when you are buying a car. We put one on our Mom's car.

They are not always on or activated..they are turned on in the case of an emergency..car stolen, hostage situation, kidnapping...the owner of the car is not normally aware where on the car they are installed., just that it is there. You have to call the lojack co in the case of a stolen vehicle..they turn on the gps..and the car theives are found...it works..I know this from my Mom's car being stolen during the home invasion..within minutes after the call the police knew where the car and perp were.

You also have to undergo an FBI background check in order to be authorized to install them. There are something like 20 different spots they can be installed, and if they find out a mechanic is installing them in the same place more than a certain percentage of time, they will lose their LoJack certification!

I own a Denali and it does have a GPS system in the dash - it came already installed from the factory.

I also have ONSTAR and wondered if they continually track a vehicle. I know a couple of weeks ago I ran the battery down on accident in the Target parking lot and called ONSTAR for service - they could tell exactly where I was.

So that is probably why the 4th warrant had the change in the wording. LE looked at the vehicle and realized that it had a second GPS system on it unrelated to the OnStar. Do you have the paperwork on it? Does the system keep a running record of the vehicle's location? IOW's can LE check to see where the vehicle was on a certain day at a certain time?

So that is probably why the 4th warrant had the change in the wording. LE looked at the vehicle and realized that it had a second GPS system on it unrelated to the OnStar. Do you have the paperwork on it? Does the system keep a running record of the vehicle's location? IOW's can LE check to see where the vehicle was on a certain day at a certain time?

Great question. I don't know the answer. We have all the books and stuff I just haven't read all of them yet. I know when the GPS CD is in the screen immediately pulls up where you are and while driving you can watch youself (arrow) go down the street.

I've also wondered the same thing about the vehicle's location - I have no idea. I'll talk to the hubby when I get home and see if he knows.

I have been thinking that DP being a cop he should of known whether or not he could be tracked via onstar or the GPS system - maybe that's why he wanted someone else (i.e. the truckers) to transport the "package."

Does it run on a magnetic tape? If so, I would think it only has so many hours and then it rewrites over itself? Honestly, I don't even know what I am talking about on this subject. Just a thought.

myster, do some fast speed reading! :)

itsreween:

Where the search is at now, isn't that near by where Jeffrey Archers's body was found that you posted some time ago?

Interesting subject matter here while I was gone today.

I am thinking that IFIF Stacy was put into a soon to be junked vehicle with temp plates on it, then rolled into the water, it had to be a two man job, with a vehicle to take the two men back to where they came from.

I have a senseless gut feeling that that is what DP did, dumped her, inside a vehicle.

IF I might be right about dumping Stacy inside a vehicle, does anyone know IF IF a body could be wrapped in something that 'sonar could not see, I am thinking of those metalic thin blankets for survival warmth and then inside a car trunk?

Does anyone know more about what abilities sonar has in that regard?

Well boys and girls, guess what? I just got a note from the
Very best searcher to ever drag a sonar rig.
If you live in Lockport; He is coming
To a Canal near you! Check out the following email:

Subject: How are you?>

I just read a post by Greybeard! I was alerted by several
> hits from WS on our webpage! You are right on track!
>
> I leave for Chicago Friday morning. We are part of a huge
> effort scheduled for next week. Feel free to post that I
> have been requested.
>
> Good to "see" you! BTW, we are planning a training session
> in Waukegan, IL next march and hope to incorporate a trip to
> Lake Mendota to resume the search for a missing man there.
> We have already scheduled a return to Nova Scotia to search
> for two men from separate incidents. We have driven more
> than 30,000 miles already this year on searches from
> California to Alaska to Maine and Newfoundland. It seems the
> need never goes away. Oh, we also searched for Alicia Minton
> in Arkansas - did not find her - we had to quite because our
> outboard motor gear box crashed!
>
> Anyway, good to talk to you!

Greybeard

See here for SideScan Sonar Info: http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/Sidescan.html

Wow Greybeard, keep us posted on the latest.

Does anyone know anything about the blackboxes that are being installed on cars?

Great, Greybeard!!! They can use ALL the help they can get to find Stacy or evidence!! Thanks for posting it!!!

I did some research on the black boxes for autos on Jennifer Kesse's thread awhile back. Let me see if I can find it now. I spent a lot of time looking into that.

I believe the black boxes do rewrite themselves, but I don't recall off hand. However, now that I have said that...seems to me there was something else that remained. Heck...lemme find all that stuff I posted over on her thread. My memory is on overload right now! LOL

I have only been reading since I am in a cast on my right hand and arm, hard to type with left hand. Has anyone thought that the barrel may have been taken to a toxic waste dump, there it wouldn't stand out much because I am sure there are many just like it there. May be the wrong place to post this but it has been bugging me for days.
So has it been determined whether or not there are two different containers? I keep picturing a cylindrical barrel because, well, that's how a barrel is shaped and that's what Cassandra saw in the garage. But according to Tom Morphey, the container he helped move was rectangular which is more of a storage container and not a barrel.

If the cylindrical barrel is missing too, I'm wondering if that somehow was used as an anchor for the storage container that Stacy is in.

Sometimes I wonder if the barrel, container, tote, if it's a matter of pop vs soda, pocket book vs purse type thing. Except I do know Cassandra posted a pic of what she saw and it was a big blue round barrel.

I don't know if you have seen this or not, but they are talking about the chlorine being used to help in decomp and also that LE is saying that the one truck driver was out of state at the time their claim was made putting doubt on the truckers' lead. (It doesn't mention the one made by the other truck driver tho or of Allen Scott's lead.)

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/

Well isnt that something.. DP attorney said that DP financial records show he did not purchase any pool chemicals.. Did the pool man not go to police and say that DP bought one??????????? gesh somebody tellin a story LOL

So has it been determined whether or not there are two different containers? I keep picturing a cylindrical barrel because, well, that's how a barrel is shaped and that's what Cassandra saw in the garage. But according to Tom Morphey, the container he helped move was rectangular which is more of a storage container and not a barrel.

If the cylindrical barrel is missing too, I'm wondering if that somehow was used as an anchor for the storage container that Stacy is in.
This is what I pictured when I heard about the barrel.
http://www.bayteccontainers.com/plas...nditioned.html

I posted this on the barrel thread, I used to have one that we used on canoe trips. These types of barrels are often used to ship fasteners in bulk overseas because they keep moisture out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann