Identified! FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91 - Name withheld

AFAIK, Tampa Girl was found in an evidence storage in Tampa, c. 2008, but it is unknown where she was discovered originally (and when), but I guess it's safe to say she was discovered somewhere in Hillsborough County at some point in the 90s.
Thanks for clarifying. Even then, she was probably found somewhere close to Tampa, if not in Tampa. Like you said, probably in Hillsborough County.

They seriously should add all of these exclusions. It would help to really narrow it down. If she isn’t any missing girl in Florida, I agree that she could very well be a runaway from another state. In that case, it’s quite possible she wasn’t reported missing but due to the little information about Tampa Girl, we can’t be 100% sure about that. I sent her to Othram and mentioned her to them months ago. I hope they bless this case and give our girl her name back if they get to work on it.

Wow this little girl does look the composite. I looked at her other pics too and this one jumped out at me. I would submit it. If you don't want to, let me know. I will.
View attachment 432084View attachment 432085
I found this about Averie's Disappearance on the Charley Project. If it was DeSelle that murdered her, I am wondering if
he did put her body in a trash bin like he said or would he dump her off in FL?

Details of Disappearance​

Averie was selling candy door-to-door on November 5, 1990 in Natchitoches, Louisiana. She had visited a friend and was on her way home at the time of her disappearance.

She was attempting to earn money for a school fundraiser at the time. She was last seen in the area of Fifth and Stephens Streets. She has never been heard from again. Her white, pink and purple Murray bicycle disappeared with her.

Phillip Louis DeSelle was one of Averie's neighbors in 1991 and had previously purchased candy from her. He was considered a suspect in her case from early on in the investigation, but the police did not have any evidence against him until January 1991, when DeSelle sent an anonymous letter to authorities confessing to strangling Averie.

The note said he disposed of her body in a trash bin and put her bicycle in Sibley Lake. In his letter, DeSelle apologized for his actions and described some of the clothing and jewelry Averie wore on the day of her disappearance.

After it was discovered that he was the letter's author, DeSelle attempted to commit suicide by slashing his wrists, but survived. He was subsequently charged with first-degree murder. Averie's bicycle was located where he said it would be, but her remains were not recovered in spite of an extensive search of the local landfill.

DeSelle pleaded guilty to manslaughter and aggravated kidnapping in connection with Averie's case, and was sentenced to 50 years in prison. Prosecutors agreed to the plea bargain because, without the child's body, they did not believe they could prove a case of premeditated murder.

Photos of DeSelle are posted with this case summary. He was released from prison in January 2015, but will remain on parole until 2040 and is registered as a sex offender.

Averie was a straight-A student at the time of her disappearance, and was noted as a talented violinist. has never been located, but foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.

I found this about Averie's Disappearance on the Charley Project. If it was DeSelle that murdered her, I am wondering if
he did put her body in a trash bin like he said or would he dump her off in FL?

Details of Disappearance​

Averie was selling candy door-to-door on November 5, 1990 in Natchitoches, Louisiana. She had visited a friend and was on her way home at the time of her disappearance.

She was attempting to earn money for a school fundraiser at the time. She was last seen in the area of Fifth and Stephens Streets. She has never been heard from again. Her white, pink and purple Murray bicycle disappeared with her.

Phillip Louis DeSelle was one of Averie's neighbors in 1991 and had previously purchased candy from her. He was considered a suspect in her case from early on in the investigation, but the police did not have any evidence against him until January 1991, when DeSelle sent an anonymous letter to authorities confessing to strangling Averie.

The note said he disposed of her body in a trash bin and put her bicycle in Sibley Lake. In his letter, DeSelle apologized for his actions and described some of the clothing and jewelry Averie wore on the day of her disappearance.

After it was discovered that he was the letter's author, DeSelle attempted to commit suicide by slashing his wrists, but survived. He was subsequently charged with first-degree murder. Averie's bicycle was located where he said it would be, but her remains were not recovered in spite of an extensive search of the local landfill.

DeSelle pleaded guilty to manslaughter and aggravated kidnapping in connection with Averie's case, and was sentenced to 50 years in prison. Prosecutors agreed to the plea bargain because, without the child's body, they did not believe they could prove a case of premeditated murder.

Photos of DeSelle are posted with this case summary. He was released from prison in January 2015, but will remain on parole until 2040 and is registered as a sex offender.

Averie was a straight-A student at the time of her disappearance, and was noted as a talented violinist. has never been located, but foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.
Given that the rest of the information he gave was able to be verified, I think Averie probably did end up in the landfill, and if not, was probably disposed of somewhere locally. But this is just my opinion based on what I just read, not in any way based on expert knowledge or experience. If you feel strongly about it, you could investigate further. Does anyone know if Averie has identifiers on file? If she has DNA, she may be an automatic ruleout like the others from the last few days. Doe Network says not, but I know sometimes things don't get updated.

MOO

Given that the rest of the information he gave was able to be verified, I think Averie probably did end up in the landfill, and if not, was probably disposed of somewhere locally. But this is just my opinion based on what I just read, not in any way based on expert knowledge or experience. If you feel strongly about it, you could investigate further. Does anyone know if Averie has identifiers on file? If she has DNA, she may be an automatic ruleout like the others from the last few days. Doe Network says not, but I know sometimes things don't get updated.

MOO
I agree with you. I am not sure about any identifiers for Averie, I miss the days when NamUs did in fact let the public know if they had DNA and dentals available. I always forget to look at the Doe Network for that sort of info.

Wow this little girl does look the composite. I looked at her other pics too and this one jumped out at me. I would submit it. If you don't want to, let me know. I will.
View attachment 432084View attachment 432085
Yes she does. I am wondering about the PMI timeline, it’s not mentioned. There is less than 2 months from the time Averie went missing and when UID was found plus the age range is right on.

The only detail that kept me from suggesting her about 4 months ago was the distance. This is one that was nagging me to go back to and see what y’all thought about her or just submit. I had enhanced Averie’s photos and isolated just her eyes and the unique shape appeared to be exact to the recon.

I think she should be submitted as well. Thank you for offering, that would be great if you would submit for review.

Yes she does. I am wondering about the PMI timeline, it’s not mentioned. There is less than 2 months from the time Averie went missing and when UID was found plus the age range is right on.

The only detail that kept me from suggesting her about 4 months ago was the distance. This is one that was nagging me to go back to and see what y’all thought about her or just submit. I had enhanced Averie’s photos and isolated just her eyes and the unique shape appeared to be exact to the recon.

I think she should be submitted as well. Thank you for offering, that would be great if you would submit for review.
I sent an email. I will let you now if I hear anything back!

I am wondering about the PMI timeline, it’s not mentioned. There is less than 2 months from the time Averie went missing and when UID was found plus the age range is right on.
As I mentioned in post #221, we don’t know when or where Tampa Girl was found, and in post #176, @chaddylex received a mail from the Forensic Death Investigator that addresses the discovery date discrepancy:
In terms of the discrepancies of the found year: We have reasons to believe that the deceased individual was found before 1995 or 1994. I’m working with NamUs coordinator to address the 1991 found year discrepancy. I also checked our website (Unidentified Remains) which lists the found date as before 1995 as well.
(bbm).

In other words: It would seem the 1991 date is a typo, and Tampa Girl was found in the mid-90s.

We don’t know where she was found, either. Was she found in a wooded area? On the beach? In a body of water? Was she a drowning victim? Was she found on a landfill? Was she buried and found by a digging dog? Or perhaps a gardener?
We don’t know!

I sent an email. I will let you now if I hear anything back!
I really think Averie looks like the reconstruction. Also, the man who likely murdered her has every reason to lie for two reasons:

1. He would likely get a lighter sentence as without a body, they can't really prove she was murdered. This is exactly what happened as he was released in 2015.
2. As said before, some people like to lie to have some sort of sick power over their victims and their families.
3. Also, the circumstances of the discovery of the skull is still unknown, so she may have been found in a landfill. It's unlikely, due to the vast number of ways TG could have been found, but a possibility.

Tampa Girl was found in the mid-90s.
Correcting myself a bit:
Tampa Girl was originally found sometime in the first half of the ‘90s, before 1994 or 1995, according to the FDI.

I wonder if the date in the thread title should change to 2008, when she most likely was rediscovered in the evidence storage? On the other hand, I know that would throw so many people off, and they would start to suggest mps who went missing in the ‘00s, even the ‘10s.

I really think Averie looks like the reconstruction. Also, the man who likely murdered her has every reason to lie for two reasons:

1. He would likely get a lighter sentence as without a body, they can't really prove she was murdered. This is exactly what happened as he was released in 2015.
2. As said before, some people like to lie to have some sort of sick power over their victims and their families.
3. Also, the circumstances of the discovery of the skull is still unknown, so she may have been found in a landfill. It's unlikely, due to the vast number of ways TG could have been found, but a possibility.
Agreed. Good point on all 3.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2351
Brenda Kay Green, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: July 2, 1988
Missing From: Brookwood, Alabama
Missing Age: 15 Years

1688157796442.png1688157866741.png

Nose, eyes and mouth is are equal!

16-year-old Carlene Tengelsen disappeared from Macon, Georgia in 1972. The only tie she has to Florida is that her father was there on a business trip at the time of her disappearance.
Original
Original

Here's a list of girls/women who have been considered as being TG on this thread, minus the girls we know are excluded. Even the ones that I don't see being her at all.

1.) Lurline Bergeron - Missing Since 1991 - West Palm Beach, FL - SUGGESTED JUNE 9, 2020 by aThousandYearsWide
2.) Andrea Durham - Missing Since 1990 - Fort Walton Beach, FL - SUGGESTED JUNE 12, 2020 by Bit of hope
3.) Tavia Bailey - Missing Since 1985 - Pensacola, FL - SUGGESTED JULY 27, 2020 by Bit of hope
4.) Michaela Garecht - Missing Since 1988 - Hayward, CA - SUGGESTED AUGUST 13, 2020 by Earth
5.) Wendy Huggy - Missing Since 1982 - Clearwater, FL - SUGGESTED DECEMBER 26, 2020 by Bit of hope
6.) Tammy Akers + Angela Rader - Missing Since 1977 - Roanoke, VA - SUGGESTED DECEMBER 29, 2020 by AnnieOakley
7.) Angela Ramsey - Missing Since 1977 - Deland, FL - SUGGESTED DECEMBER 29, 2020 by AnnieOakley
8.) Sherry Young - Missing Since 1984 - Orlando, FL - SUGGESTED February 2, 2021 by Bit of hope
9.) Alexis Duggan - Missing Since 1970 - Tampa, FL - SUGGESTED July 19, 2021 by Romulus
10.) Susan Basile - Missing Since 1975 - Port Orange, FL - SUGGESTED November 3, 2021 by John/Jane Doe
11.) Dorothy Scofield - Missing Since 1976 - Ocala, FL - SUGGESTED March 24, 2022 by Mrs. Badcrumble
12.) Lisa Sexton - Missing Since 1981 - Elyria, OH - SUGGESTED October 3, 2022 by Mysteries1974
13.) Diana Martinez - Missing Since 1987 - North Bergen, NJ - SUGGESTED June 28, 2023 by jennytrevor
14.) Mellisa Burgess - Missing Since 1988 - St. Petersburg, FL - SUGGESTED June 28, 2023 by Romulus
15.) Tabbetha Worford - Missing Since 1990 - Pensacola, FL - SUGGESTED June 29, 2023 by Romulus
16.) Jackie Boyer - Missing Since 1980 - Windsor, CA - SUGGESTED June 29, 2023 by John/Jane Doe
17.) Shannon Potter - Missing Since 1984 - Baltimore, MD - SUGGESTED June 29, 2023 by SimsGuy67
18.) Vickie Davis - Missing Since 1987 - Chipley, FL - SUGGESTED June 29, 2023 by Romulus
19.) Marjorie Luna - Missing Since 1984 - Greenacres, FL - SUGGESTED June 29, 2023 by Romulus
20.) Averie Evans - Missing Since 1990 - Natchitoches, LA - SUGGESTED June 30, 2023 by Caring1
21.) Brenda Green - Missing Since 1988 - Brookwood, AL - SUGGESTED June 30, 2023 by Romulus
22.) Carlene Tengelsen - Missing Since 1972 - Macon, GA - SUGGESTED July 1, 2023 by SimsGuy67

The only girl here I really think shouldn't get submitted is Michaela Garecht. Seems too unlikely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back