MD MD - Jonathan Luna, 38, Baltimore, 4 December 2003

I agree 100% with you. I do not think he killed himself.

I can see the autopsy still being sealed if there is specific information about Jonathan’s death as it pertains to how or by whom he was killed, and the case is still active.

I don't know if I believe them when they say the case is active. IMO the public has never been told the truth about most anything in this case. I think it is disgraceful.

I don't know if I believe them when they say the case is active. IMO the public has never been told the truth about most anything in this case. I think it is disgraceful.

I feel terrible for Jonathan’s family, who has had to here his name denigrated as well as not having answers as to what truly happened.

I feel terrible for Jonathan’s family, who has had to here his name denigrated as well as not having answers as to what truly happened.

I am sitting here thinking how this poor man was tortured to death ( I think i recall he had lots of cuts on his body/scrotum)- and they (who are they???) have the nerve to tell the public he committed freaking suicide. I feel for his family who have had to live with his untimely and horrific death all of these years with no answers and a shoddy, investigation that looks like a cover-up. ( I am no conspiracy person but something smells to high heaven in this case).

I think it was suicide, but possibly accidental. I agree, however, the the public has never been told the truth. The US Attorney, Thomas DiBiagio, was actually caught in a lie about Luna's job status.

Jonathan Luna’s death continues to haunt me all these years later. By chance I was in line at snow cone stand outside of Baltimore that his wife and sons were at. The little boys looked just like him. I hope they have fared well.

Jonathan Luna’s death continues to haunt me all these years later. By chance I was in line at snow cone stand outside of Baltimore that his wife and sons were at. The little boys looked just like him. I hope they have fared well.
I feel the same way: This is one of those cases that I have never forgotten and haunts me to this day- Interesting that you were in line with his wife and sons. I too hope they have fared well, but I imagine they would yearn to know what happened to their father. This case is puzzling - it appears that there are people that don't want any more investigation into the circumstances of his death. I believe he was murdered, but of course that is JMO. I don't think we will ever know what really happened. This man deserved so much better from the authorities than he has gotten over these many years.
I hope his soul an rest in peace.

I feel the same way: This is one of those cases that I have never forgotten and haunts me to this day- Interesting that you were in line with his wife and sons. I too hope they have fared well, but I imagine they would yearn to know what happened to their father. This case is puzzling - it appears that there are people that don't want any more investigation into the circumstances of his death. I believe he was murdered, but of course that is JMO. I don't think we will ever know what really happened. This man deserved so much better from the authorities than he has gotten over these many years.
I hope his soul an rest in peace.
I too firmly believe he was murdered.

He said that Luna's job was not in jeopardy, but it was. Luna had been looking for an attorney.

DiBlaggio finally admitted to it one of his staffers left and disclosed it publicly.

Here is a link to the story: Letter: Slain Prosecutor Clashed With Boss

This case stinks to high heaven. There is so much that has never been revealed and will apparently never be revealed. Why would his boss deny problems with Mr. Luna? it doesn't make sense, just like the details of the death of this young man do not make sense, It bugs me that we will most likely never know what really happened- but suicide? heck no.

This case stinks to high heaven. There is so much that has never been revealed and will apparently never be revealed. Why would his boss deny problems with Mr. Luna? it doesn't make sense, just like the details of the death of this young man do not make sense, It bugs me that we will most likely never know what really happened- but suicide? heck no.

DiBlaggio claimed it was to protect Luna's reputation, but I suspect that he did not to be seen as potentially driving an employee to suicide.

I realize this is a very old (and in all likelihood, cold) case. It does my heart good to know that there are some of us who still care and wish answers to so many questions. I am aware he was not a saint according to many articles out there but none of that (if true) was a reason for his death. Helpless and Hopeless

I realize this is a very old (and in all likelihood, cold) case. It does my heart good to know that there are some of us who still care and wish answers to so many questions. I am aware he was not a saint according to many articles out there but none of that (if true) was a reason for his death. Helpless and Hopeless
There are a few cases that haunt me and this is one of them. I know in my heart
He did not kill himself, but I also know we most likely will never see this case
Solved. Yes it is good to know that there are some people who have not forgotten
This young man who died a horrible death and he was a young man with so much
Life left to live.

It has been 20 years. The Lancaster DA's Office refuses to release the records. FBI thinks it was suicide. I think it was self inflicted, but possibly not intentional suicide.

• Sad
Reactions: IDK

This article is from a couple days ago- he had 36 stab wounds!!! how in the world can anyone believe someone would inflict 36 stab wounds on themselves.
The current Lancaster County Coroner stated he believes this was a homicide (as it was initially first determined)---- The autopsy is sealed.

This article is from a couple days ago- he had 36 stab wounds!!! how in the world can anyone believe someone would inflict 36 stab wounds on themselves.
The current Lancaster County Coroner stated he believes this was a homicide (as it was initially first determined)---- The autopsy is sealed.
Most of them were superficial. Further, there we no signs of a struggle. Luna was still wearing his tie and ID badge.

I suspect that he wanted to stage an attack on himself and hit an artery by accident.

• Sad
Reactions: IDK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R