MD MD - Jonathan Luna, 38, Baltimore, 4 December 2003

To prevent embarrassment to the coroner's office.
That coroner has been out of office in Lancaster County for years. It no longer matters if he was an embarrassment. He passed away in 2018.

The current coroner supports the conclusion that Luna’s death was a homicide.

Last edited:
How do you explain that a second person’s blood found in the back seat of Jonathan’s car if he committed suicide?
Because if might have been there previously. He was stabbed with a penknife. That assumes that the story is accurate.

Reactions: IDK
That coroner has been out of office in Lancaster County for years. It no longer matters if he was an embarrassment. He passed away in 2018.

The current coroner supports the conclusion that Luna’s death was a homicide.

It is still the office that gets embarrassed. Further, is it the same ME, who is different from the coroner? The ME did the autopsy.

Last edited:
How do you explain that a second person’s blood found in the back seat of Jonathan’s car if he committed suicide?
I strongly believe he was murdered, but the sad thing is that we will apparently never really know what happened to cause his death because the investigation into his death has been anything but thorough - no transparency, and gives off the scent of covering up significant and important information.

The additional blood was brought out by a private investigator, so I don't know his source. He didn't see the reports either.

I strongly believe he was murdered, but the sad thing is that we will apparently never really know what happened to cause his death because the investigation into his death has been anything but thorough - no transparency, and gives off the scent of covering up significant and important information.
There is a lack of transparency for a reason, and not necessarily because it would be a source of embarrassment. LE is not going to reveal key points in an ongoing investigation. No one has ever stated this case has been shelved and is not still being investigated.

If anyone ever thinks that LE throws out all information to the public before an arrest, trial and hopefully a convictio, they are woefully naive and very mistaken.

J.J., I appreciate any interest in this case especially because it was local to me. I noticed you are a verified insider, but I can’t tell if that is for any specific case? Or for this case in particular? Thanks very much, and I hope you are able to say.

J.J., I appreciate any interest in this case especially because it was local to me. I noticed you are a verified insider, but I can’t tell if that is for any specific case? Or for this case in particular? Thanks very much, and I hope you are able to say.
Not on this case, though I did drive the route he took from Baltimore to Phila in 2004.

Just thinking about the trip. It was in early June 2004 and I stayed at a motel just south of Baltimore, near JPL's home in Elkridge. One thing that impressed me was, off of I-95, there wasn't anything around and it was dark. No street lights, no houses, and other than a fast food place, no businesses.

If someone grabbed him in Baltimore, there would be no need to drive to NJ and then PA to kill him or leave the body. There were spots much closer. I was probably within 5 miles of his house and 15 miles of the courthouse.

IMO, he was murdered, but I don't think planned. He left belongings behind..glasses and phone. Makes me think he was going to step outside briefly.
If your going to commit suicide, i don't think a pen knife is going to be your choice and if it was a PLANNED murder, your going to bring a weapon, not just "hope" your victim has one on them. The path he drove, the ATM and gas visits..sounds like someone had him under their control and snapped.
Do we know if his work and cell phones revealed who he spoke to last?
Maybe someone met him at his office parking lot, called him down, and forced him to drive. Sad he lost his life and the family are without answers.

It is not as much intentional suicide, but an accidental one.

I think he was trying to stage an attack on himself and he went too deeply.

Because of the missing money? Yes, i thought about that too...
But, I read a second source of blood was found in the back seat as well?
And why would he drive to where he was found, get out, and fall face down into water to drown?
That's what swayed me..

Thoughts J.J.?
I go back and forth on this...

Because of the missing money? Yes, i thought about that too...
But, I read a second source of blood was found in the back seat as well?
And why would he drive to where he was found, get out, and fall face down into water to drown?
That's what swayed me..
No, not primary because of the money, but that had a role in it.

As I indicated, JPL did not have a good relation with his boss and was on the verge of being fired. Assume that he had zero involvement with the missing money and assume that he passed the polygraph test with flying colors, for the sake of argument. DiBagio was still trying to get rid of him, and probably would have.

JPL would have to look for another job. It was reported that the money was missing. What would a future employer think if the money is missing and Luna is fired after that? Couple that with some other professional problems, like being sanctioned by a judge a day before.

I suspect that JPL wanted an excuse to leave the job, that would not cast him in a bad light. If he is "attacked by criminals" that is a good excuse to leave the job. I think he was planning to stage an attack; most of the wounds were described as "pinpricks." I suspect that one went a bit too deep.

I suspect that he had pulled into the parking lot, laid down in the back seat, to have more room, and made the cuts there. When he went too deep, he got out and attempted to follow the lights to get help; he could not see the ditch where the car ended up. He got out, possibly intending to go a house that was in line of sight, but collapsed into the ditch (stream) from loss of blood. He drowned.

I see JPL as a guy facing a great deal of stress, and not making the wisest decisions possible. I ultimately put much of the blame on DiBlagio.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back