MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew when I posted I probably should have worded this differently. Let me see if I can explain in a way that makes sense.

I see them everyday. Managing two recovery centers in the city of Richmond VA. Most (not all) are under weight, have sores (primarily meth addicts), the color of their skin is yellowish, they do not have vehicles, most do not have family support (because they at some point have to cut them off), most do not have jobs. Most do not have money to dress nice (jerseys aren’t cheap). Most do not have unsupervised visits with their children if any. Most sofa surf because they can’t maintain a permanent residence. This is most of the ADDICTS I encounter everyday.

Now, I do have a handful of people just like these guys who maintain a functional life. But they are usually there because they were prescribed opioids for surgery/pain and they are trying to wean off. Yes, they are addicted but they aren’t your average “street addict”.

Does this help?

All MOO and based on my experience has a manager of very busy addiction and recovery centers.
You made a comment about being able to spot an addict a mile away but the only thing you mentioned was yellow skin that you'd be able to judge from your list above. Everything else you describe could not possibly be detected from just looking at a person.

You are commenting based on your experience in possibly a detoxification center by people who've been using hard drugs. Your description is generalized imo. Addiction is so much more nuanced that what you describe.

There is no particular "look" to a person who is experiencing addiction imo. They could look like anyone and they do look like anyone.

MOO.

ETA: Elements of addiction to a substance is if a person uses it despite negative consequences, difficulty going without it, cravings and so on. It can happen to anyone no matter what they look like.

Last edited:
You made a comment about being able to spot an addict a mile away but the only thing you mentioned was yellow skin that you'd be able to judge from your list above. Everything else you describe could not possibly be detected from a mile away.

You are commenting based on your experience in possibly a detoxification center by people who've been using hard drugs. Your description is generalized imo. Addiction is so much more nuanced that what you describe.

There is no particular "look" to a person who is experiencing addiction imo. They could look like anyone and they do look like anyone.

MOO.
I stand by my opinion. And you’re entitled to yours. Have a good day.

ETA- spot a mile away is just a figure of speech. I can’t even see to read these threads without my glasses.

All IMHO
I still feel that this was a very tragic & unfortunate accident and I don’t think JW meant any harm to anyone. I also feel that anyone who knowingly consumes illegal drugs is playing with fire and owns their own responsibility for what may occur.
I have, however, completely changed my personal tune about JW after Caleb McGeehney’s intent interview.

I don’t feel sorry for JW any more and I’m feeling a bit of anger toward him too.
This clear and matter of fact info from Caleb truly explains the very serious anger of these three families.
Caleb was quite intent with seemingly firsthand knowledge of JW’s illicit chemistry.
I don’t think Caleb is slandering JW.
I think he is speaking knowingly and knowledgeably.
It‘s kind of shocking really.

Also, another local poster on here (someone who knew his friends and acquaintances) said that JW had a “very bad reputation“ a couple of days ago and I have been pondering that.

My questions:
1)Did the police actually SEARCH JW’s rental house and if so was it thoroughly searched?
2)Was there any type of “lab” found that JW quickly explained away as part of his AIDS research?
3) Were the police “duped” by JW and his explanations and/or his notable credentials?

I hope that police get a search warrant for JW’s storage unit(s) stat because numerous accusations of LONG TIME drug mixing and dealing could indeed be credible.
Search before he has time to destroy any potential physical evidence- drugs that don’t apply to his line of work, books or paperwork, computers.

I can’t even believe what a good cover JW’s day job would be for illicit activity.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Whoever said “Breaking Bad” first wins the prize.
I think you truly pegged it.

Shocked as I am about Caleb’s information on JW, I’m even more shocked that so many nice young people from loving families either haven’t been properly educated on illegal drugs or shrug off the idea that they can actually die from them.
My mother educated me time and again about illegal drugs.
As a teen she would smell me when I came home late at night to be sure I didn’t smell of pot and she would look at my pupils to be sure I didn’t take anything. I’m grateful for that education every day. Thanks mom!

I stand by my opinion. And you’re entitled to yours. Have a good day.

ETA- spot a mile away is just a figure of speech. I can’t even see to read these threads without my glasses.

I as well have heard the “mile away” and still hear it from time time, Md hear, could be a location/area thing.

I do agree with it as you have used it.

In resent years I have ID’d two ppl as drug addicts before others picked up on it. In both cases it was true.

Jmo

I as well have heard the “mile away” and still hear it from time time, Md hear, could be a location/area thing.

I do agree with it as you have used it.

In resent years I have ID’d two ppl as drug addicts before others picked up on it. In both cases it was true.

Jmo
VA ,it's where I be.I heard it kinda like an insult that was educated AND natured in a certain local.

Sorry Tricia- that wasn’t the point of my original post.
I know. It's just when a person makes a statement like that it is going to derail a discussion. It happens and no worries. Thank you for weighing in. This is an emotional discussion about a terrible tragedy.

Toxicology reports for the three deceased men are still pending – though two of them allegedly arrived at the watch party with two 30-packs of beer, a neighbor said.

The family was troubled to learn that Johnson’s backpack was still inside his friend Jordan Willis’ home – and that the police never retrieved it.

“They were his wallet. His car keys. He had some antacids, ibuprofen and it was in a backpack. That backpack was still in the house, in Jordan’s house,” Linda said.

Toxicology reports for the three deceased men are still pending – though two of them allegedly arrived at the watch party with two 30-packs of beer, a neighbor said.

The family was troubled to learn that Johnson’s backpack was still inside his friend Jordan Willis’ home – and that the police never retrieved it.

“They were his wallet. His car keys. He had some antacids, ibuprofen and it was in a backpack. That backpack was still in the house, in Jordan’s house,” Linda said.
Wow, they were thirsty- that is 10+ liters of "water". That actually could have killed one of them without the alcohol.

Remains to be seen if there are 60 empty cans in the house somewhere.

Police would be interested in evidence of a crime and wouldn't necessarily open up a wallet in a random backpack if that backpack, hypothetically, didn't contain any other evidence of a crime; like drugs or drug paraphernalia.

JW has had a very different life from the people making these claims, and IMO that may have created suspicion, and possibly jealousy towards him

Sure there are a few questions in there which relate to the topic after that is seems you made the assumption ,JW couldnt have being making and sharing drugs ,because he is of a higher class?

I will have to agree with @Soulmagent here.

Drug abuse unfortunately is not relegated to “lower class” or poor people or the uneducated. We need only to look at the enormous numbers of the rich and famous who died from drugs. Let’s say Matthew Perry as a recent example.

IMO the chief difference between the wealthy and the average drug addict is that the wealthy don’t have to rob people or break in to a house or store to steal money for their habit. Secondarily, they have publicists to shield them unless they are candid like Matthew Perry tried to be for awhile.

IMO

ETA: my daughter and I, years ago, won tickets here in NYC to go to a taping of Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston in a duet for “The Prince of Egypt.”
I couldn’t begin to describe how beautiful and talented Whitney was; she was absolutely shimmering.
I would have lost a bet that she would have died from drugs and drowned in a bathtub.

ETA Part 2:
@ssnva1 Thank you for the very difficult work you do every day.

Yes, I know it's a figure of speech that implies you can identify a person who is experiencing addiction easily. I don't agree that all addictions can be noticed so easily because addiction wears so many faces. Young. Old. Rich. Poor. Dirty. Clean. Educated. Uneducated. Employed. Unemployed. The impression you've given is that JW can't possibly be experiencing an addiction because he is not what you described. I disagree. IMO.
Sorry for the misunderstanding!! I was actually leaning more towards none of them being addicts! Occasional partiers that got into some laced coke or weed.

Absolutely addiction doesn’t discriminate!

I wanted to clarify that the point of my original post was in my opinion these are your average middle class hardworking group of friends (JW included) that unfortunately got some bad stuff. It wasn’t to debate what an addict looks like. AT ALL.

It’s usually the ones that occasionally use that end up OD’ing because they don’t have a tolerance and it sends their body into shock. Or ones who are relapsing for the same reasons.

Let’s move on before the thread gets closed. :)

All IMHO
I still feel that this was a very tragic & unfortunate accident and I don’t think JW meant any harm to anyone. I also feel that anyone who knowingly consumes illegal drugs is playing with fire and owns their own responsibility for what may occur.
I have, however, completely changed my personal tune about JW after Caleb McGeehney’s intent interview.

I don’t feel sorry for JW any more and I’m feeling a bit of anger toward him too.
This clear and matter of fact info from Caleb truly explains the very serious anger of these three families.
Caleb was quite intent with seemingly firsthand knowledge of JW’s illicit chemistry.
I don’t think Caleb is slandering JW.
I think he is speaking knowingly and knowledgeably.
It‘s kind of shocking really.

Also, another local poster on here (someone who knew his friends and acquaintances) said that JW had a “very bad reputation“ a couple of days ago and I have been pondering that.

My questions:
1)Did the police actually SEARCH JW’s rental house and if so was it thoroughly searched?
2)Was there any type of “lab” found that JW quickly explained away as part of his AIDS research?
3) Were the police “duped” by JW and his explanations and/or his notable credentials?

I hope that police get a search warrant for JW’s storage unit(s) stat because numerous accusations of LONG TIME drug mixing and dealing could indeed be credible.
Search before he has time to destroy any potential physical evidence- drugs that don’t apply to his line of work, books or paperwork, computers.

I can’t even believe what a good cover JW’s day job would be for illicit activity.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Whoever said “Breaking Bad” first wins the prize.
I think you truly pegged it.

Shocked as I am about Caleb’s information on JW, I’m even more shocked that so many nice young people from loving families either haven’t been properly educated on illegal drugs or shrug off the idea that they can actually die from them.
My mother educated me time and again about illegal drugs.
As a teen she would smell me when I came home late at night to be sure I didn’t smell of pot and she would look at my pupils to be sure I didn’t take anything. I’m grateful for that education every day. Thanks mom!

#1 basic answer is yes, but the second part is hard to answer and wouldn't really be known to the general public at this point. It has been reported that JW was initially detained, and "[police were seen] entering the home and going from room to room with flashlights." (SOURCE: Jordan Willis Cuffed In Undies After Chiefs Fans’ Found Dead [VIDEO])

#2 i don't know...JW was a data scientist so it wouldn't be unusual if there wasn't a lab, but probably also wouldn't be unusual if there was

#3 very possible. **just my opinion** but if this same situation occurred in a different neighborhood or JW looked different and/or had a different job, there might be different things going on right now. again ****JMO****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592