Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure the photo the media have used is actually his current car? My reasoning is @Dr Samoht mentioned the address and a quick google maps street view search (August '23) shows not only the bike trailer out the front but a white dual cab, and an enclosed canopy on the tray (very similar to the one in the media photo) but it is a much newer model Ford Ranger with ladders (typically used by sparkies) on the roof racks. @BGirl88 IMO the media photo could be an older vehicle he once owned, the newer Ranger would 100% have GPS.

MOO
Are you referring to the address in Scotsburn or the family home? The Scotsburn house was a house sit situation. It's been on the market since November 2023 - the accused and his GF may just be living there until it sells. The family consists of 2 parents and 3 adult children, although I don't know how many of them still live at home. The father of the accused apparently runs his own electrical business too, which would indicate he would have some sort of tradie vehicle as well. There has been no mention of father and son working (in business) together so I doubt they do.

And may not be relevant at all, but I keep coming back to the the item found that was reported later as not being 'relevant' (relating to a plastic guard around a new/growth tree) on the 6th Feb. Media article here

"At about 12.30pm a search crew found a possible piece of evidence just off a walking trail at Woowookarung Regional Park. Detectives were seen looking very closely at a plastic tree guard before ejecting all reporters from the area."

Can anyone work out if this was a carpark/entrance on Recreation Road?

Well,
if I could whisper a piece of advice:

If the perp let the phone ping in B. (golf course)
(sorry, I still don't remember the correct spelling of this place,
too difficult for a foreigner),
then...
I guess the body is concealed in opposite direction.

I think the criminal let this phone ping there,
after many hours ( Yep. 5 pm)
to leave a red herring.
Even possibly allude the victim was still alive at that time.
Or that she abandoned the family on purpose.

JMO
I agree.

Something that has stuck with me from the Under Investigation TV program, was that someone said Sam's phone could still be tracked even if turned off. Tracked through the IMEI. Does that make sense? Perhaps police have more information than just the pings.

I think this accused murderer, could have some skeletons in the closet

Even at 22 years of age

If it's been proven about his past,

I am sure his parents, family, knew about their son's behaviour/actions in the past

and a reason they weren't there to represent him

You can see that from Ellsworth street that then turns into Katy Ryan’s rd and bakers rd (it forks/splits).

Bakers Rd leads to the scenic lookout, interestingly Katy Ryan’s Rd leads straight to the water tower/electricity station at recreation rd and boak Rd. Right newer where they were searching and around the 7km mark they think something happened to SM.

Edit to add: In doing thr street view walk of the area of these streets, there are quite a few dams. It just really shows the magnitude of the job of locating SM’s body. It could be absolutely anywhere! Talk about the proverbial needle in a pile of needles!

Yes, all the streets / tracks we have been looking at as potentially relevant (based on pics of the forensic material being taken or descriptions) all meet up. I noticed the dams as well - a big one called Soapy's Dam near the turn off into the Canadian industrial/car repairs type bit.

Literally just caught up on what seems like 30 odd thread pages lol that was a grind let me tell ya!

I did have a thought reading through about the hit and run and how the commissioner said it definitely wasn’t a hit and run. Maybe it wasn’t a “hit and run” cos the perp didn’t actually run and leave the scene?

Just the way it was worded in the press conference just gives far more sinister vibes imo. Although it would be sinister to hit someone with your vehicle, and then remove the body and not disclose its whereabouts after an arrest. By more sinister I mean more planned, it could have been planned that morning, not necessarily longer, although it could have been. The perp could be well aware of how people use that whole area for recreation and excercise, and could have known, or hoped they would come across a vulnerable person who they then wanted to attack.

Again it’s hard to know without any more information, it’s really clutching at straws, purely guesswork. There’s hope it was an accident, such as SM being hit by a car, killed instantly, the perp then deciding to try and cover it up by removing her and any evidence. That’s the sunshine and rainbows version my mind clings too.

However the dark side of the moon part of my brain thinks very different. It’s not very nice to imagine, or put into words, I’ll just say it could have been planned, and the perp could have had some very sinister motives and actions. I’ll leave it at that and let you draw the dots.

Anyway, great reading as usual, I don’t drink coffee personally, but damn I feel I could down a whole pot of coffee after that marathon catch up lol.

earlier a local woman with horses said sm often ran past her property but not on that sunday, it would be too much coincidence if this was the perps girlfriend, recently photographed with horses?

horses photo in this dm article...

O/T

She has been identified as Chaithanya “Swetha” Madhagani fron Point Cook.
Her husband flew back to India with their young son in recent days (sound familiar?)

RIP Swetha. :(

She was one of the sweetest girls ever
Hmm, coincidence? :rolleyes:

Does India have any kind of extradition relationship with Australia?

Another sad soul lost too soon.

earlier a local woman with horses said sm often ran past her property but not on that sunday, it would be too much coincidence if this was the perps girlfriend, recently photographed with horses?

horses photo in this dm article...
Yes, I think it would be too much of a coincidence. What would be her motive for saying that? To blend in as just a member of the public? To misdirect? Where were these horses kept? It's long been established that police know where and when Samantha encountered trouble.

There's lots of country properties around that area. Having horses is not uncommon in those sorts of locations.

I think this accused murderer, could have some skeletons in the closet

Even at 22 years of age

If it's been proven about his past, it will come out

I am sure his parents, family, knew about their son's behaviour/actions before

and a reason they weren't there to represent him

Sometimes people murder someone just because they want to. There are bad people in the world who do bad things to strangers. They rape, kill, torture, mutilate just because they can.

It is not by accident, it is not due to drugs or drug induced psychosis.

It is an evil person, with intention, murdering another human being because an opportunity was presented.

Sometimes there is no reason why or extenuating circumstances.

Bad people do bad things.

MOO

I agree.

Something that has stuck with me from the Under Investigation TV program, was that someone said Sam's phone could still be tracked even if turned off. Tracked through the IMEI. Does that make sense? Perhaps police have more information than just the pings.
Yep and that information can take time to obtain, just like any GPS that may be inbuilt into a car or device seized in the warrants, legal roads to get information isn't always something achievable in a day let a lone a week or a few, here's hoping that anything seized has easily obtainable data leading police to SM's location sooner rather than later

Yes, all the streets / tracks we have been looking at as potentially relevant (based on pics of the forensic material being taken or descriptions) all meet up. I noticed the dams as well - a big one called Soapy's Dam near the turn off into the Canadian industrial/car repairs type bit.
It does seem like it’s a plausible entry/exit point from the location where SM might have been attacked.

I wonder about if there was GPS in the perps vehicle. If there was, I think finding SM’s body would be a lot easier. In saying that I don’t know how accurate vehicle GPS is, is it the same as phone GPS? Thinking to the recent case of Jesse Baird and Luke Davies, it took the arrested man to tell them the location of the body, iirc they were close, even tragically driving past the location in going to other search locations. That was a rental vehicle as well so you would assume it would have gps tracking in it? Maybe it’s not as easy as I imagine.

It’s just such a vast area of possibilities as to where she might be. It’s heartbreaking!

Yes, I think it would be too much of a coincidence. What would be her motive for saying that? To blend in as just a member of the public? To misdirect? Where were these horses kept? It's long been established that police know where and when Samantha encountered trouble.

There's lots of country properties around that area. Having horses is not uncommon in those sorts of locations.
no, im not suggesting the gf of being deceptive, just what a coincidence if it was the same person, im thinking gf probably didnt know what happened in those early days

Yes, JMO but I also feel the ping was a diversion used to misdirect. I'm not sure if it then means that the phone/sim and body were/are together or that same person involved in both.
You would think, he is still affected due to the drugs/drinking.
Would he be able to think of diversions?
If 'yes', let us hope, many mistakes/clues have been left, while trying to hide SM.

The court case, revealing such details, will be closely watched by us all.
Let us hope, the next major headline, states SM has been found.

And may not be relevant at all, but I keep coming back to the the item found that was reported later as not being 'relevant' (relating to a plastic guard around a new/growth tree) on the 6th Feb. Media article here

"At about 12.30pm a search crew found a possible piece of evidence just off a walking trail at Woowookarung Regional Park. Detectives were seen looking very closely at a plastic tree guard before ejecting all reporters from the area."

Can anyone work out if this was a carpark/entrance on Recreation Road?
I think that spot looked like it might have been near Greenhaven Crt ? where MM the husband pulled up in his car and Police later discounted the item found. But maybe this is relevant - due to it being near the Dozed Track road?? JMO

I also wonder if when he went between the properties at Mt Clear and the rental at Scotsburn he may have regularly went through the Canadian Plantation.IMO

To use this mainly as a shortcut or also if he regularly is taking drugs to minimise being on open roads.JMO

Maybe he often saw SM jogging during his regular routes?? between properties, going to work or when trail bike riding? IMO

I also wonder if on the night if he slept/rested in the back of his ute in the Canadian Plantation area- maybe there is a mattress in the back of his ute? IMO

I am thinking like others have said - maybe his car had some previous damage - broken tail light, dents to panelling that identified his car early on.JMO

I think him not revealing where he has buried SM is possibly to not let his mother ultimately know what he did in the lines of SA to someone his mothers age possibly? MOO

Are you referring to the address in Scotsburn or the family home? The Scotsburn house was a house sit situation. It's been on the market since November 2023 - the accused and his GF may just be living there until it sells. The family consists of 2 parents and 3 adult children, although I don't know how many of them still live at home. The father of the accused apparently runs his own electrical business too, which would indicate he would have some sort of tradie vehicle as well. There has been no mention of father and son working (in business) together so I doubt they do.
The Mt Clear address that @Dr Samoht mentioned in an earlier post.

I think him not revealing where he has buried SM is possibly to not let his mother ultimately know what he did in the lines of SA to someone his mothers age possibly? MOO

He should ask for a (guilty) plea deal, and tell them where Sam is. Then no-one will ever hear the details of what he allegedly did.

Sometimes it is more important for the family to get their loved one back than pretty much anything else.

imo

I'm a local and after speaking to a few country footy boys I know I've been able to understand a few things that happened the night before and the lead up to the her death. some things still don't completely sit right with me, I don't understand how they can be so sure it was intentional murder and not a charge of something like "vehicle manslaughter", or whatever the official name of that would be.

The video clip of the "white powder" the night before had been making the rounds locally before it was picked up by mainstream news, <modsnip - not in MSM>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member