GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
He threatened someone and they removed his phone call privileges outside his lawyer and clergy. Im sure it was serious and they were concerned enough to bring it to the court. Defendants try to have ppl killed from prison all the time. Many such cases out there. Jails know this and can assess what’s serious and what’s not. Im sure we’ll find out soon enough who he was threatening. JMO

James Crumbley making threats via phone, email in jail ...​

The Detroit News
https://www.detroitnews.com › news › local › 2024/03/07

7 days ago — James Crumbley's communication privileges at the Oakland County Jail have been ended due to threatening statements he made on the phone and ...

What are you talking about, "NO concrete information"?
He could have been threatening his dad to make payments so he's got enough money to buy sh** in jail! Or his HOA because he can't paint his fence on their timeline because he's IN PRISON. I'm just saying threatening someone doesn't necessarily mean he was planning to kill or harm someone.

No media I've read has sourced the exact threatening statement. Seems like he's had a few heated phone calls, stress does that.

I can’t imagine the jail is unable to discern when threats are legitimate or just someone blowing off steam. There’s no way his lawyer would not have thrown a s**t fit if this was some bogus claim by the jail or the state. Her ONLY concern during the hearing was the info being discussed in front of the media. If he was threatening his HOA or his father she would have no problem airing it out and blasting the state’s heavy-handedness! So there’s definitely teeth to these claims. She was upset at the public hearing them. The judge isn’t allowing it to be released to the public until the trial is over. We’ll find out soon.

JMO

He could have been threatening his dad to make payments so he's got enough money to buy sh** in jail! Or his HOA because he can't paint his fence on their timeline because he's IN PRISON. I'm just saying threatening someone doesn't necessarily mean he was planning to kill or harm someone.

No media I've read has sourced the exact threatening statement. Seems like he's had a few heated phone calls, stress does that.
I don't know what you're going on about because it was a serious enough threat(s) to have had his privileges taken away and nowhere did I claim he was threatening to harm/kill someone.

That's a pretty strong statement- why do you say that
He's guilty of nothing. He didn't starve his kid or molest his kid or traffic his kid, or physically abuse his kid.

Ethan's was at an awkward age. Dad bought the gun because his son was begging for it. I'm assuming his son was sad and distant and he thought it would make things better. Hunting was common in MI.

My Gosh, I just watched a video today of a teenager who attacked another teen and bashed her head into the concrete so many times, she's on life support and will probably die. Should we arrest that perp teen's parents tomorrow for involuntary manslaughter?

He's guilty of nothing. He didn't starve his kid or molest his kid or traffic his kid, or physically abuse his kid.

Ethan's was at an awkward age. Dad bought the gun because his son was begging for it. I'm assuming his son was sad and distant and he thought it would make things better. Hunting was common in MI.

My Gosh, I just watched a video today of a teenager who attacked another teen and bashed her head into the concrete so many times, she's on life support and will probably die. Should we arrest that perp teen's parents tomorrow for involuntary manslaughter?
You are not comparing apples to apples. You can disagree with the verdict and the fact that there were charges at all, but the example you have is completely different than the situation in Oxford.

Do you think he/they should have been charged/convicted of lesser crimes or none at all?
I would have been happy to see neglect charges or community service...something that would be public-enough shame for their disconnect at that time.

You are not comparing apples to apples. You can disagree with the verdict and the fact that there were charges at all, but the example you have is completely different than the situation in Oxford.
How would those two cases be different?

One of the most telling things to me was Jennifer didn't have one witness coming to her defense of being a good and caring mother and James only had his sister who didn't praise him as a father yet said she never heard any concerns about EC from him or saw any herself.
I am now curious who will be writing letters to Judge Matthews on the couple's behalf begging for no time and/or probation.
Also if anyone will speak to Matthews on their behalf.
I expect the parents and/or students that were injured but survived will speak at their sentencing asking for the max.

'General Involuntary Manslaughter Information'

Involuntary manslaughter (also called criminally negligent manslaughter) occurs when one person kills another resulting from an accident or gross negligence. It also occurs when someone intends to cause bodily harm to another person but without the intent to kill them.

Unlike a murder charge, involuntary manslaughter means that a person had no intention of killing another but, due to their careless or reckless actions, caused the death of a human being.

How would those two cases be different?
Without further information on the person’s background and upbringing, the most glaring difference is that the aggressor did not use a weapon that was purchased for them as a gift and not safely secured. I obviously can’t speak to their mental health history and whether or not there was neglect on the parents’ end.

I have said multiple times that I’m not sure what the right answer is in this situation. I do believe the Crumbleys should have been held responsible for their neglect and disregard for gun safety and their child’s mental health but I don’t know what the appropriate punishment would be in my mind.

I would have been happy to see neglect charges or community service...something that would be public-enough shame for their disconnect at that time.
I don't see how either Crumbley could be any more shammed in their community then they have been and are now.
Putting them in the community doing service would be highly offensive to the Oxford community as a whole and especially those who had to be in contact with them not by choice.

Without further information on the person’s background and upbringing, the most glaring difference is that the aggressor did not use a weapon that was purchased for them as a gift and not safely secured. I obviously can’t speak to their mental health history and whether or not there was neglect on the parents’ end.

I have said multiple times that I’m not sure what the right answer is in this situation. I do believe the Crumbleys should have been held responsible for their neglect and disregard for gun safety and their child’s mental health but I don’t know what the appropriate punishment would be in my mind.
BBM:

Thankfully that was already taken care of in Michigan by applying its "Involuntary manslaughter" laws to both Crumbleys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member