Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, the way I see it;

I have no issue with defense attorneys doing their job. My issue is with the way things look from the perspective of those who lean towards the accused being guilty. Moreso, the way that the family, friends and community of the victims are affected.

It feels like the defense has been trying this case in the public since December 2022.

They have allowed a consultant to have access to and distribute heart breaking crime scene photos, they have fabricated stories about the torture of their client. They have put names of people that are not on trial and have never been accused of the murders out in the public for the world to see. They have gutted the family on a weekly, actually almost on a daily basis. They have sent things "accidentally" to YouTubers.

A man has ended his life in the middle of all of this.

Where is the line??!!! When is enough theater WAY TOO MUCH theater?

I know that they are hired to defend their client, but is this normal,? To discount the mental health, the physical safety and the privacy of people and a town that is never going to heal... this is not professional. It can't be.

The families wake up every single day to not having their bright, beautiful, amazing girls in their lives. Everyday, something else comes up. Crime scene photos of THEIR MURDERED kids, stories about blood thirsty Odinists, Abby's boyfriend's dad did it! No, wait..it was the property owner. Oh, it's actually one of the girls moms... she was in a biracial relationship and it's because of that. EF did it. One little girl died so slow and painful ( this was repeated over and over and over again.,)

Dead children, a suicide, people that are wrongfully being accused... there is absolutely no excuse for how absolutely vile this situation is.

I can already hear the " but the police are corrupt, the prosecutor is green." NONE of this matters.

All of this should have been hashed out at trial. And THAT falls squarely on the shoulders of the defense.

I wrongly assumed that it would take a lot more than a nod from a judge to access our personal health records.
Apparently all those papers I sign are worthless if a prosecutor wants them.

Well it is an independent branch of government that protects you from a prosecutor getting them, and he has been denied twice before. The problem is the defence kept placing his mental health at issue.

It wouldn't be fair discovery wise if only the defence had access to those records for trial, when the defence has placed these angles at issue.

Well it is an independent branch of government that protects you from a prosecutor getting them, and he has been denied twice before. The problem is the defence kept placing his mental health at issue.

It wouldn't be fair discovery wise if only the defence had access to those records for trial, when the defence has placed these angles at issue.
IMO
It was the judge and the prosecution who opened the door to this when them Put Him in Prison.
I'll certainly be curious as to where the P goes with this.

Investigators allegedly deleted over up to 70 days worth of interviews, not even knowing what all was lost, and then the prosecutor determined that all that was lost was not pertinent to the case, anyway. The Clerk misfiled up to four ex parte motions, and NMcL wilfully read them, all against JG's own orders.

How are these acts any less harmful to the case than anything the D did? It all sucks, and I don't think any suspicion of RA's guilt or innocence should override the public's demand that the system work a hell of a lot better than this.

Jmo.
If this had not been such a high profile case, very few people would have been following it.
If the D had been like other atty's I've watched, they would have not been so zealous in their defense.
We would never have known any of this.
MOO

Investigators allegedly deleted over up to 70 days worth of interviews, not even knowing what all was lost, and then the prosecutor determined that all that was lost was not pertinent to the case, anyway. The Clerk misfiled up to four ex parte motions, and NMcL wilfully read them, all against JG's own orders.

How are these acts any less harmful to the case than anything the D did? It all sucks, and I don't think any suspicion of RA's guilt or innocence should override the public's demand that the system work a hell of a lot better than this.

Jmo.

At the end of the day lost interviews don't negate the evidence against RA .

JMO

In my opinion, the way I see it;

I have no issue with defense attorneys doing their job. My issue is with the way things look from the perspective of those who lean towards the accused being guilty. Moreso, the way that the family, friends and community of the victims are affected.

It feels like the defense has been trying this case in the public since December 2022.

They have allowed a consultant to have access to and distribute heart breaking crime scene photos, they have fabricated stories about the torture of their client. They have put names of people that are not on trial and have never been accused of the murders out in the public for the world to see. They have gutted the family on a weekly, actually almost on a daily basis. They have sent things "accidentally" to YouTubers.

A man has ended his life in the middle of all of this.

Where is the line??!!! When is enough theater WAY TOO MUCH theater?

I know that they are hired to defend their client, but is this normal,? To discount the mental health, the physical safety and the privacy of people and a town that is never going to heal... this is not professional. It can't be.

The families wake up every single day to not having their bright, beautiful, amazing girls in their lives. Everyday, something else comes up. Crime scene photos of THEIR MURDERED kids, stories about blood thirsty Odinists, Abby's boyfriend's dad did it! No, wait..it was the property owner. Oh, it's actually one of the girls moms... she was in a biracial relationship and it's because of that. EF did it. One little girl died so slow and painful ( this was repeated over and over and over again.,)

Dead children, a suicide, people that are wrongfully being accused... there is absolutely no excuse for how absolutely vile this situation is.

I can already hear the " but the police are corrupt, the prosecutor is green." NONE of this matters.

All of this should have been hashed out at trial. And THAT falls squarely on the shoulders of the defense.
YES!!! I love this post so much, I'm thinking about hanging it from a magnet on my refrigerator!

I'm serious!

These are the side shows. Right, I know the prosecutor erasing over evidence is a very big deal. Really big, depending on context. Not something to lightly dismiss. Something that needs to be dealt with in the most serious way. But I mean-- this?? Nobody can miss it, seriously. It's sticking out-- literally to the world-- by a country mile. It happened to some extent with Gilgo already, there was no court to control it. Here, there was.

That wasn't a real offer. D knew there was a snowball's chance JG would agree to that from two lawyers that had so blatantly disregarded the court. That offer was all for show. IMO
Respectfully, they were already taking a pay cut of between 4-10x what they are paid in their private practice as public defenders. It is inaccurate to say their offer wasn’t real and/or they don’t actually believe their client is innocent. Lebrato also believed RA was innocent.

JMHO

Hmmm….interesting opinion but certainly not the only one out there. I’ve listened to two that felt very different about it. Some good note taking was done and recap of what was said during the proceeding. I’d love to see a complete transcript before forming my own. JMO
Do we know if an official transcript will be released? If so, when?

Personally I think the defence has done a good job of chasing down the Click stuff and the loss of case file evidence. It's probably the best shot at getting him off.

I have a huge ethical issue with their conspiracy building, but it seems we have to expect in every big case these days

Defense support for deposing DOC employees (i.e. depositions the State wishes to block):

View attachment 491655
View attachment 491656
View attachment 491657
Is this normal? To attempt blocking depositions? I have heard of certain evidence not being allowed to be presented in court, but depositions of correctional officers? Why would the state want these depositions blocked?

One of the 3 mentioned is the Warden-is this the same warden who will be supplying RA’s mental health records while at the prison? The same warden who said he allows officers to wear patches at his prison? I didn’t think the P could use witnesses for evidence against a defendant while simultaneously blocking the D from deposing them? Maybe I am misunderstanding.

The messer thing does feel like a fairly blatant attempt to create a new arm of the conspiracy when it obviously has no relevance to the case?
Maybe defense is going to turn from Odinism to drugs/revenge as a motive. Slightly more believable, but by introducing Odinism first, they have lost credibility.

jmo

Websleuths YouTube Live starts at about 10:30 PM Eastern.
Hey Everyone,
Be sure and join us tonight at 10:30 PM Eastern as we get into the latest in Riley Strain's case, the Delphi case and more.
Every night on Websleuths YouTube LIve, we read the opening arguments in the Scott Peterson case. It's good to remind people of the court case against Scott Peterson.

Hope the Prosecution has receipts, then the huge problem falls in the D's lap. But they're on the record now as being understaffed, underpaid and overworked, so they have an out.
Despite the fact they were apparently understaffed, underpaid & overworked, --- absolutely 'overwhelmed' as it were, the Defence itself went ahead & requested the speedy trial; I'd call that a very big receipt.

Lesson Learned: Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Or, otherwise known as "play silly games and sometimes win stupid prizes".

To paraphrase Pink Floyd:
How can you have any disclosure if you haven't yet read yer disclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes