GUILTY WV - Jeffrey Sadler, 25, fatally shot by GF's mom, Huntington, 4 Feb 2008

As far as I'm concerned if you have an uninvited intruder and you tell them to stop, but they keep coming at you, you have every right to shoot them.

As far as I'm concerned if you have an uninvited intruder and you tell them to stop, but they keep coming at you, you have every right to shoot them.

We have a bit of a problem here BB, he was not the "intruder", she was (technically). I was thinking of contacting that attorney who champions child abuse cases, he lives in the southern US somewhere, wears an eye patch????

We have a bit of a problem here BB, he was not the "intruder", she was (technically). I was thinking of contacting that attorney who champions child abuse cases, he lives in the southern US somewhere, wears an eye patch????
It was his home? I didn't catch that. She needs a good attorney. Shows up with a gun, premeditated.

It wasn't his home. It was his baby-mama's home. She lived next door to her mom, he stayed there on and off in between restraining orders and warrants. Mom called 911 to report a domestic disturbance at her daughter's house next door, waited an hour, cops did not come even though they had a warrant for his arrest. Mom went over and took care of it herself.

Susan

It was his home? I didn't catch that. She needs a good attorney. Shows up with a gun, premeditated.

Well, not really....not his home (technically). It appears that he and Alison were estranged. He came around for....g*d knows what and an argument ensued. He was not living in the home, as far as I can tell.

Premeditated....????

Think of this, you know that this man has beaten you daughter in the past and you hear him arrive at the house and the fighting/yelling starts. You try to do the right thing and call for help (911) but no one comes. After an hour of hearing the fighting, imagining the worst, there are babies in there and your baby girl.....what would you do???

~shudder~

From the Herald-Dispatch article linked above:

Maybe he didn't get arrested 'cause Granpa is connected.:furious:

I'd like to add that IMO it is stupid to blame Allison for not kicking him to the curb. Looks like she didn't have any say in the matter...he came and went as he pleased and even an arrest warrant and a call to 911 made no difference.

Susan

You are absolutely right. This guys grandfather was a judge, his family and the LE involved didn't pick him up on a warrant..because of his connections. That is the same reason they did not respond to her Mom's 911 calls either. And her Mom was no more an intruder then he was. He had no right being there arguing with her..it was her home. Her Mom called the police waited an hour..obviously the agruement was still going on ..Her Mom went over there to sort things out since the LE in town didn't..and my bet is LE never would have. This is a good ole boy town and they would not have HELPED this young mother come hell or high water because of this guy's connections. End of story. The grandfather is covering his butt by saying he won't get involved, but is already pointing his finger at the LE for not responding to domestic violence call..which the grandfather says is growing in that town. He is just saying what he needs to say to take the burden off his grandson for being a wife beater and off the mom , becuase he knows darn well if the tables were turned he would have done the same thing. What is the use of having LE if they don't respond to calls ..because it wasn't a priority for them.

Lived in small southern towns the first 21 years of my life..no longer..love the people..hate the way justice is dispensed ..becuase LE is always in someone's hip pocket. JMHO

I'll bet the abuser wasn't charged or arrested due to his family being a judge. Hopefully it wasn't because the ex kept allowing him to come back around off and on.

I do often fault women who do not kick out men who abuse them. I get very angry at them for not saving themselves and often times their kids from these monsters. This is not the case here.

She tried. She called the police and nothing happened. I smell a MAJOR lawsuit here. Against the police, the state and county and I say GOOD!

I pray the womans' mother isn't dealt with harshly for protecting her family.

I wonder why this cockroach didn't go to jail when he hit the girl in the face?

He didn't go to jail because he has family in high places and no doubt because some of the "good ole boys" who are so busy covering their butts thought she deserved it and they didn't want to be bothered.

I don't know about anywhere else but a JUDGE here in Washington state told me that the duty of officers is to SERVE and Protect the COMMUNITY....NOT JUST ONE CITIZEN!!!!! This was after my daughter was murdered by her ex! Yep, he said that it is up to the police if they want to get involved in domestic violence or not! I thought I was going deaf and heard wrong...but that is what he said. This was after the ex held my daughter in HER apt all night and raped her, hit her in the face with his fist three times, hit her in the head with the butt of his GUN and gave her a concussion, broke her nose, etc. Unbelievable. Six weeks later she was dead. I wish I had done what this woman did!

Maybe this mother got sick and tired of that jerk coming over and disrupting her daughter and grandkids lives. She calls the cops and they ignore her. The creep was doing something or the mother wouldn't have asked "what are you doing?" He was probably in her daughter's purse again! Wonder if he was a doper. Aside from being abusive the creep was taking money that should have bought gro's for the kids...his kids. Sounds like a loser that the cops are going to protect to me. I hope this lady gets a good attorney too and that her daughter will talk about everything that had happened up until the time her mom shot him.

This all could have been avoided if Allison would have shown some respect for herself and cut ties with him when he abused her the first time. If any man ever hit me - he certainly wouldn't be welcome in my home. And God forbide he was the father of my children - he would never have visitation alone! The only positive about this is that the children will not grow up with an abuser as a role model.

I am confused about Allison and Jeff's relationship - one paper says boyfriend but there is a comment from "Jeff's fiance" posted at the one link?

It is real easy to say. I used to say the same thing until my daughter ended up in a marriage like that. There is so much involved in Domestic Violence and unless you have been there it is easy to be judgmental. I learned a big lesson and now I really try to understand. You can go into a relationship with lots of self worth, etc and have it gradually beaten out of you along with all of the terrible things that are said to you. I couldn't explain everything involved if I tried because it would take to many pages and time. It just isn't simple like we think it is. Like someone said..."There But For The Grace Of God Go I."

It is real easy to say. I used to say the same thing until my daughter ended up in a marriage like that. There is so much involved in Domestic Violence and unless you have been there it is easy to be judgmental. I learned a big lesson and now I really try to understand. You can go into a relationship with lots of self worth, etc and have it gradually beaten out of you along with all of the terrible things that are said to you. I couldn't explain everything involved if I tried because it would take to many pages and time. It just isn't simple like we think it is. Like someone said..."There But For The Grace Of God Go I."

Bobbisangel, you are so right. I used to be one of them as well that would make judgement on women who didn't up and leave. Easy for me to say as I always had support and a way out and people to help me. I can't understand this, but as I have gotten older I'm learning "There But For The Grace Of God Go I". Meanwhile, I hope this grammy gets legal help and quick.

I wonder if this mother even has a clue about getting an attorney that will give the cops hell and try and get her the least time possible. First of all her trial needs to be moved out of that town. The judges, cops, etc will all cover for each other. If I were her attorney I would make sure she is not tried in that town...even if I had to go to the Attorney General in that state. In another city he can hold those cops responsible for not answering the 911 call and for not serving the warrent on that creep. All of their excuses are total b.s. I wish I lived closer and could talk to her and try to help her.

Just found this:

This marks the City of Huntington’s first homicide of 2008. There have been five since October 13, 2007, most of which were related to some type of domestic disturbance, according to the published report that quoted Holbrook.

MOST OF WHICH WERE RELATED TO SOME TYPE OF DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE....5 homicides within 3 months in 2007...Oct through Dec!!! That sure tells me something! I wonder if the cops were busy during these homicides too!

Although many do not like her, I do. I would call Gloria Allred. She takes on pro bono cases all of the time. I'm not sure Momma will get off scot free but circumstances could make that the case. As a mother, a person never exposed to violence or guns, I am afraid I would have done the same thing to protect my daughter.

Not excusing the cops at all, period. Still I wouldn't go as far as blaming all the homocides since October on the police. Unfortunately I come from somewhere that's not a blink of an eye. We sometimes have that in a night, three homocides.

for kicks I checked her website:

Family Law Cases Outside of California: We regret that the lawyers of Allred, Maroko & Goldberg do not accept family law cases (divorce, custody, etc.) outside of the State of California. In addition, Gloria Allred cannot offer out-state referrals and recommends contact with state or local bar Associations for referrals in your area.

:(

I don't know about other states but in Florida if the mother could reasonably prove that her daughters life was in danger at that moment then she could legally use deadly force to protect her.
She does not have to be on her own property either.

This all could have been avoided if Allison would have shown some respect for herself and cut ties with him when he abused her the first time. If any man ever hit me - he certainly wouldn't be welcome in my home.

You are seriously clueless if you think it's that easy. Ask anyone who's dealt with an abusive husband ... boyfriend ... or, in my case, father.

Well, not really....not his home (technically). It appears that he and Alison were estranged. He came around for....g*d knows what and an argument ensued. He was not living in the home, as far as I can tell.

Premeditated....????

Think of this, you know that this man has beaten you daughter in the past and you hear him arrive at the house and the fighting/yelling starts. You try to do the right thing and call for help (911) but no one comes. After an hour of hearing the fighting, imagining the worst, there are babies in there and your baby girl.....what would you do???

~shudder~

I'd do the same exact thing this mother did.

The cops should have responded to the 911 call in the first place. But being that dear Grandad is a magistrate, it wasn't important enough. The guy should have been in jail anyway from the last warrant, that wasn't served on him. Small town good ole boy networks just make me sick.

The mother should be released immediately. What she did was not a crime.

The Mary Winkler case has established beyond doubt that women have the right to kill men who upset or annoy them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back