GUILTY WV - Jeffrey Sadler, 25, fatally shot by GF's mom, Huntington, 4 Feb 2008

Just found this:

MOST OF WHICH WERE RELATED TO SOME TYPE OF DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE....5 homicides within 3 months in 2007...Oct through Dec!!! That sure tells me something! I wonder if the cops were busy during these homicides too!

Yes they were so busy it took them a week to find Leah Hickman dead in her apartment building. And still have nothing going on to apprehend her murderer.

I say leave this Mother alone she probably saved her daughters life. Maybe we should start a defence fund to get her a very GOOD attorney.

Yes they were so busy it took them a week to find Leah Hickman dead in her apartment building. And still have nothing going on to apprehend her murderer.

I say leave this Mother alone she probably saved her daughters life. Maybe we should start a defence fund to get her a very GOOD attorney.
Here, here! I'd donate!

If any of you can give me some links or names of local papers, I will call or write to indicate that this woman is receiving so much support from the online community and where can we set up a defense fund for her etc...Perhaps we could get something started...

That's a very sweet thing foryou to do, believe. I would gladly donate.

TY for bumping this Filly. I was just thinking about this dear lady the other day wondering what happened with her case.

TY for bumping this Filly. I was just thinking about this dear lady the other day wondering what happened with her case.

Anytime for you DD.:) Me too. That's why I looked it up. We're sympatico.:crazy:

I hope she doesn't get any time; when the police are too incompetent to do their job; then it's up to a vigilante system. This woman saved her daughter's life.

What a sad case! LE forced this woman into this position. They should be ashamed of themselves and so should the gj and the pros.

She's innocent, IMHO.

fran

such a shame that so many women die to the hands of an abusive husband or boyfriend. and when they try to get out of the relationship is usually when they are stalked and killed by there abusers. And LE turns a blind eye to it all and want to blame the innocent and charge those who take the law into there own hands when LE does nothing.
I hope this women gets off. If Mary Winkler can get off with a slap on the wrist, surly this woman can get off with justifiable homicide due to the fact that this man has an abusive past with her DD.
She proabably saved her DD's life. If it were me I would have done the same thing without a second thought.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x1371910723/Plea-pending-in-Baker-08-homicide-case

Prosecutors and defense attorneys have worked out a potential plea agreement in the February 2008 shooting death of Jeffery Darrell Sadler...

Details of the potential plea agreement were not placed on the record, although Cabell County Prosecutor Corky Hammers told the court it would be a Kennedy plea. Such styling provides for a conviction without the defendant admitting guilt or explaining their role in the crime.

Cabell Circuit Judge Alfred Ferguson scheduled the expected plea hearing for 9 a.m. Thursday. Defense attorney Chad Hatcher told Ferguson the prosecution had accepted his side’s offer.

http://wvmetronews.com/2014/08/28/unique-plea-agreement-resolves-cabell-murder-case/

A Cabell County woman entered a Kennedy plea in connection with a Feb. 2008 shooting death.

The plea allows for the conviction of Teresa Baker without her admitting guilt in the death of Jeffrey Sadler. She shot and killed Sadler, her daughter’s boyfriend, during a domestic dispute.

Baker pleaded guilty to both voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter. Under the agreement the judge holds the pleas in abeyance while Baker serves five years probation. If she completes that time with no problem the misdemeanor involuntary manslaughter plea will be accepted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK
Back