Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the school district is about half and half American Indian and Caucasian. Very little Asian American, Hispanic, or African American.

Taylor, growing up in Oklahoma, would have known that half of Oklahoma is American Indian

Okay, don't snap at me for this, but the sighting of an Indian (I am assuming continent not Native American?) got me thinking.

What is the racial make-up of Weleetka and the surrounding area? Because a strange black or otherwise non-white male in an otherwise mostly white area might have been sufficiently unusual to have been what attracted the girls' attention.

I still think, knowing her love for animals, that Taylor might have heard something she thought was an animal and investigated. But I realize also that that's just me.

I think they are saying that he is an American Indian and it is the same as Native American.

imoo

The live video link doesn't work because the presser is over. There should be another permanent link shortly.

Skyla Jade Whitaker a resident of Rural Henryetta (Salem) passed this life on June 8, 2008 at the age of 11. Born April 5, 1997 in Joplin, Missouri to William and Rose (Farrow) Whitaker. Skyla attended Graham School. She is preceded in death by a Grandmother “Sam” Getman
Survived by her parents; William and Rose Whitaker of the home
3 Sisters: Rosita Gordon of Tulsa,Ok
Christina Whitaker of Popular Bluff, Missouri
Jayme Whitaker of the home.
Brother: Edward Gordon of Columbus, Kansas
Maternal Grandparents: Jim and Claudia Farrow of rural Graham,OK
Paternal Grandparents: Bill and Sharron Whitaker of Baxter Springs, KS
Linda Pritchard of Henryettta
“Granny”- Hester Gregg of Wagnor
“Grandpa”- Harold Getman of Baxter Springs, KS
Great Grandmother- Mary Pritchard of Miller, Missouri Services will be 2:00pm, Friday, June 13, 2008 at the Henryetta First Baptist Church with Rev. Jim Paslay, officiating. Services are under the direction of the Rogers Funeral Home.

http://www.eboards4all.com/728165/messages/1247.html

Video Tribute by the Rogers Funeral Home at http://videos.lifetributes.com/20515
ETA: Just watched the tribute and you might want to have some tissues handy.

Sorry, in Oklahoma we aren't always "politically correct" when talking about Native Americans. Most of my friends are Indian and proud to be called such.

After seeing the sketch, his features look more Native American than white and the long, black hair is normal for a lot of men. He was wearing a ballcap.

Imo, that signifies overkill for lack of a better word.
Whoever shot the girls, wanted them more than dead, one shot could have caused death. The shooters wanted the girls bodies riddled with bullets but why?

From what Skyla's grandmother said I am not sure it is an overkill but a joy killing. Some of the wounds would not have been life threatening. I think he is a monster and brought them down and rendered them helpless with wounds to their legs and arms then he finished them off with the chest and head shots.

This man could be a serial killer imo just like Duncan cruising the back roads looking for victims.

So terrifying.

imoo

Okay, don't snap at me for this, but the sighting of an Indian (I am assuming continent not Native American?) got me thinking.

What is the racial make-up of Weleetka and the surrounding area? Because a strange black or otherwise non-white male in an otherwise mostly white area might have been sufficiently unusual to have been what attracted the girls' attention.

I still think, knowing her love for animals, that Taylor might have heard something she thought was an animal and investigated. But I realize also that that's just me.

39% of the students in the district are Native American.
Taylor's family has Native American roots on both sides.
I don't think a Native American would be considered suspicious by anyone -- there must have been something else suspicious about the guy. (Besides being seen at a murder site near the time of the murder.)

The only way three people keep a secret is if two of them are dead.

If it was someone the girls didn't know, they wouldn't be dead, there would be no reason to kill them like that if the chance of the girls IDing them was slim, which would have been the case if it were a stranger(s). Strangers aren't going to kill two little girls for some drug deal in the woods. IMO, it's something different that made them targets and the perp is someone close/known to them.
CarpeDiem,
Good post. I also think whoever killed them knew them.
If it was a random shooting, I think the shooter would have taken one or two shots and that's it.

Geeze, he was only 58.

I'm thinking our witness that was revealed yesterday is responsible for the description that OSBI didn't want to discuss yesterday.

I'm pretty sure it's an American Indian that they're looking for. Oklahoma has a lot of American Indians. A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge