Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ve...than_200_people_gather_to_mourn_slain_vt_girl

RANDOLPH, Vt.—About 300 people gathered Wednesday night to mourn the death of 12-year-old Brooke Bennett, whose body was found near her uncle's home a week after she had disappeared.

The gathering was originally organized as a candlelight vigil for Brooke's safe return. Authorities found her dead about 4:45 p.m.
"Brooke Marie, I love you so much," her mother, Cassandra Gagnon, said at the event at the town gazebo. A large photo of Brooke was on display. "I just ask that justice be done for the person who took my baby away," she said, sobbing.
She thanked the crowd for attending. "I ask for continued support because this has just begun for me," Gagnon said.
Brooke's father, James Bennett, added, "I know Brooke knows that we love her and will always love her."

First of all, THANK YOU, for the Brooke Bennett forum.

This is very sad, and I'm happy to see the mom at least speak out against the uncle. A little too late, but she still needed to do it, because the last thing I want to see is anyone in this family defending him by saying they thought he was nice...blah blah blah.

Why? They knew where she was. :furious:

I'm with you! I think the family knew way more, thats why they never wanted to call the police & report her missing.They gave MJ all the time in the world to rape, murder & bury her. The entire thing was totally premeditated.

The mom tonight asking for support.... That just blows me away, from the mom, aunt, Grandma & probably on down the line. She could of cared less about Brooke. It was her job as a mother to protect her babies. Instead she fed her to the worst of the worst.Nancy Grace even commented tonight that she never seen any tears in moms eyes.

Hey Amster~ama, I don't think we do...but we need one! All the people involved and their inner~relatedness is giving me a headache the size of Texas! :headache:

lol....me too!

Post brought forward from Miss Holmes:

Feel free to change the text and repost.

Dear Vermont Senator:

Brooke Bennett was killed by a previously convicted sex offender Michael Jacques. She was 12 years old and was apparently killed by her Uncle for sex. Michael Jacques was let out of prison after serving 3 years for kidnapping and rape, now he has committed murder against his 12 year old niece for sex. You've heard the news, seen the pictures. Do you have children? Are you ready to enact Jessica's Law yet?

The law is named after Jessica Lunsford, a young Florida girl who was raped and murdered in February 2005 by John Couey, a previously convicted sex offender. Public outrage over this case spurred Florida officials to introduce this legislation. Among the key provisions of the law are a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison[2] and lifetime electronic monitoring[3] of adults convicted of lewd or lascivious acts against a victim less than 12 years old. In Florida, sexual battery or rape of a child less than twelve years old is a capital felony, punishable only by death or life imprisonment with no chance of parole. Taken from Wikipedia.

Please tell me your stance now on this law after this brutal killing of a 12 year old girl in your state by a previous sex offender and kidnapper. Can you tell me whose decision it was to let Michael Jacques out of prison after only serving 3 years for rape and kidnapping?

The country is looking at you to pass this law in your state now.

Hoping to hear from you.

The Vermont Legislature
Legislative Directory
E-Mail Addresses for Senators
2007-2008 Legislative Session

Senator State House Address Home Address Work Address Claire Ayer cayer@leg.state.vt.us Susan Bartlett sbartlett@leg.state.vt.us John Campbell jcampbell@leg.state.vt.us vt13@aol.com Bill Carris bcarris@leg.state.vt.us bill.carris@carris.net bill.carris@carris.net Donald "Don" Collins dcollins@leg.state.vt.us James Condos jcondos@leg.state.vt.us George Coppenrath gcoppenrath@leg.state.vt.us george.coppenrath@gmail.com Ann Cummings acummings@leg.state.vt.us William Doyle wdoyle@leg.state.vt.us Ed Flanagan EFlanagan@leg.state.vt.us Harold Giard hgiard@leg.state.vt.us Robert Hartwell rhartwell@leg.state.vt.us hartlaw@sover.net Vincent Illuzzi villuzzi@leg.state.vt.us M. Jane Kitchel janek45@hotmail.com Sara Branon Kittell skittell@leg.state.vt.us Virginia "Ginny" Lyons vlyons@leg.state.vt.us vvlyons@cs.com Mark MacDonald mmacdonald@leg.state.vt.us senatormark@aol.com Hull Maynard Hull@sover.net Richard McCormack rmccormack@leg.state.vt.us dick@mccormack4vt.com Hinda Miller hmiller@leg.state.vt.us hinda@deforestconcepts.com Kevin Mullin kjmbjm@aol.com Alice Nitka anitka@leg.state.vt.us alicenitka@comcast.net Douglas Racine dracine@leg.state.vt.us Philip Scott pscott14@aol.com Richard Sears rsears@leg.state.vt.us Peter Shumlin senprespt@leg.state.vt.us Diane Snelling dsnelling@leg.state.vt.us Jeanette White jwhite@leg.state.vt.us

cayer@leg.state.vt.us; sbartlett@leg.state.vt.us; jcampbell@leg.state.vt.us; vt13@aol.com; bcarris@leg.state.vt.us; bill.carris@carris.net; bill.carris@carris.net; dcollins@leg.state.vt.us; jcondos@leg.state.vt.us; gcoppenrath@leg.state.vt.us; george.coppenrath@gmail.com; acummings@leg.state.vt.us; wdoyle@leg.state.vt.us; EFlanagan@leg.state.vt.us; hgiard@leg.state.vt.us; rhartwell@leg.state.vt.us; hartlaw@sover.net; villuzzi@leg.state.vt.us; janek45@hotmail.com; skittell@leg.state.vt.us; vlyons@leg.state.vt.us; vvlyons@cs.com; mmacdonald@leg.state.vt.us; senatormark@aol.com; Hull@sover.net; rmccormack@leg.state.vt.us; dick@mccormack4vt.com; hmiller@leg.state.vt.us; hinda@deforestconcepts.com; kjmbjm@aol.com; anitka@leg.state.vt.us; alicenitka@comcast.net; dracine@leg.state.vt.us; pscott14@aol.com; rsears@leg.state.vt.us; senprespt@leg.state.vt.us; dsnelling@leg.state.vt.us; jwhite@leg.state.vt.us

Copy and paste into email minus all the names. I figured it would be easier. Sorry if someone else has posted one.

First of all, THANK YOU, for the Brooke Bennett forum.

This is very sad, and I'm happy to see the mom at least speak out against the uncle. A little too late, but she still needed to do it, because the last thing I want to see is anyone in this family defending him by saying they thought he was nice...blah blah blah.

Kind of like Grandma stating today that she loved MJ!!!

YIPPEE SKIPPEE!!! We have a forum!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kind of like Grandma stating today that she loved MJ!!!

Yea..I really don't want to read or hear anything like that anymore.

Also, from the link about the vigil:

"I loved having her in my classroom," said Gary Finch, Brooke's homeroom and math teacher.

He said she was a very energetic and enthusiastic learner. "She was always volunteering, always with a smile on her face. Smart, creative. It's a tragedy. It's unbelievable. It's hard to comprehend. I didn't think anything like this would happen to such a great kid."

Finch said at the start of the school year, Brooke was nervous about transferring from her small elementary school to the high school.

"She conquered that," he said. "She didn't conquer this."

Senseless, and totally avoidable tragedy.
:(

Nursebeeme & Amster- the convoluted nature of this cast o' characters and the tales they have spun are beginning to make the FLDS family trees look 'normal', As Bill the Cat once said- "ACK!"

Nurse- your name reminds me of something I observed once on the MARTA train once-

this mother turned around in her seat and said to her kid "Shaneekwa (sp) , I have two words to say to you right now- "Be have!"

The Vermont Legislature Legislative Directory

http://www.leg.state.vt.us/legdir/alpha.cfm?Body=S

Includes mailing addresses, email addresses, fax numbers, and phone numbers

* I have been lurking here for a while.... want to thank you all for what you do. My thoughts and prayers are filled with Brooke Bennett.

Whoops it was a repeat! Sorry bout that!

I'm with you! I think the family knew way more, thats why they never wanted to call the police & report her missing.They gave MJ all the time in the world to rape, murder & bury her. The entire thing was totally premeditated.

The mom tonight asking for support.... That just blows me away, from the mom, aunt, Grandma & probably on down the line. She could of cared less about Brooke. It was her job as a mother to protect her babies. Instead she fed her to the worst of the worst.Nancy Grace even commented tonight that she never seen any tears in moms eyes.

The other mom talks about signs of abuse towards her daughter in the affidavit against MJ. How could she not know???? 5 plus years???

I hope they bust the whole lot of them. They are responsible for what happened to this girl and they should all pay.

Salem

LOL I saw that and thought WTH?! We know you are our photo queen tho. :) I was just posting it to get you started.

Cheko..................I agree! The family waited 12 hours to report Brooke missing, and even then, it was a family friend who made the report. I keep wondering if those 12 hours would have made a difference in the outcome?

If the family had reported Brooke missing right away, she may have been found at the uncle's house before he harmed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500