Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, FYI

Posted by Tom's Girl 5/6/2006

Megan's Law Report Card
A survey released this week by Parents for Megan's Law compared sex offender registries and community notification programs in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. The group issued the following letter grades:

A+ - Florida

A - Wisconsin

B - Arizona, Alabama, Oklahoma

C - Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Carolina, Texas and Washington.

D - Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island.

F - Alaska, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Lovely, we're a D.....

Dearest Christine,:blowkiss:
Thank-you.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows
Yup, I read a bit of it...gag me...how does a man like him rise to the stature of "judge"? I did not read the entire thread...was there a reason he retired?

Dark, BrooksAunt is called Aunt because her mother and Brooke's step-mother are sisters. She is the step-mother's cousin. It would make her Brooke's second cousin extended (I think). Aunt and Uncle is what my kids all called my cousins, too. She does need to fix the spelling tho. :)
Dearest SS,:blowkiss:
Thank-you, it was very confusing.
You did great in explaining.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

When did Brooke's cousin's boyfriend arrive at the house?

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Hey DS,
From the court docs...it was after he took Brooke upstairs (and it seemed that it was prearranged that way...ie, he told her to leave as soon as he took her upstairs)

Heck- I don't even know how to put these fun emoticons in my posts- I am that inept!

MHolmes- I will add add my name to anything sent to Vermont- just tell me how or PM me- I'll figure out how to view any PM's sometime this century!
I, personally, don't know how I got this far online. Can anyone help?!

galvino...when posting click on go advanced and you see them there

I think we ( and when I say we I mean all of you who know how to REALLY work a computer) should bring over all the legal stuff including names/addresses etc that we've already figured out so we have access to it and to pick it apart. I WANT TO NAIL THESE SOBS!
While it is great that this has sparked an interest in trying to change things, we need to work on it on a different forum. This case is not over and we have limited space without our own forum. If you guys need a thread, I would be glad to start one for that particular purpose for you! :)

Post brought forward from Miss Holmes:

Feel free to change the text and repost.

Dear Vermont Senator:

Brooke Bennett was killed by a previously convicted sex offender Michael Jacques. She was 12 years old and was apparently killed by her Uncle for sex. Michael Jacques was let out of prison after serving 3 years for kidnapping and rape, now he has committed murder against his 12 year old niece for sex. You've heard the news, seen the pictures. Do you have children? Are you ready to enact Jessica's Law yet?

The law is named after Jessica Lunsford, a young Florida girl who was raped and murdered in February 2005 by John Couey, a previously convicted sex offender. Public outrage over this case spurred Florida officials to introduce this legislation. Among the key provisions of the law are a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison[2] and lifetime electronic monitoring[3] of adults convicted of lewd or lascivious acts against a victim less than 12 years old. In Florida, sexual battery or rape of a child less than twelve years old is a capital felony, punishable only by death or life imprisonment with no chance of parole. Taken from Wikipedia.

Please tell me your stance now on this law after this brutal killing of a 12 year old girl in your state by a previous sex offender and kidnapper. Can you tell me whose decision it was to let Michael Jacques out of prison after only serving 3 years for rape and kidnapping?

The country is looking at you to pass this law in your state now.

Hoping to hear from you.

The Vermont Legislature
Legislative Directory
E-Mail Addresses for Senators
2007-2008 Legislative Session

Senator State House Address Home Address Work Address Claire Ayer cayer@leg.state.vt.us Susan Bartlett sbartlett@leg.state.vt.us John Campbell jcampbell@leg.state.vt.us vt13@aol.com Bill Carris bcarris@leg.state.vt.us bill.carris@carris.net bill.carris@carris.net Donald "Don" Collins dcollins@leg.state.vt.us James Condos jcondos@leg.state.vt.us George Coppenrath gcoppenrath@leg.state.vt.us george.coppenrath@gmail.com Ann Cummings acummings@leg.state.vt.us William Doyle wdoyle@leg.state.vt.us Ed Flanagan EFlanagan@leg.state.vt.us Harold Giard hgiard@leg.state.vt.us Robert Hartwell rhartwell@leg.state.vt.us hartlaw@sover.net Vincent Illuzzi villuzzi@leg.state.vt.us M. Jane Kitchel janek45@hotmail.com Sara Branon Kittell skittell@leg.state.vt.us Virginia "Ginny" Lyons vlyons@leg.state.vt.us vvlyons@cs.com Mark MacDonald mmacdonald@leg.state.vt.us senatormark@aol.com Hull Maynard Hull@sover.net Richard McCormack rmccormack@leg.state.vt.us dick@mccormack4vt.com Hinda Miller hmiller@leg.state.vt.us hinda@deforestconcepts.com Kevin Mullin kjmbjm@aol.com Alice Nitka anitka@leg.state.vt.us alicenitka@comcast.net Douglas Racine dracine@leg.state.vt.us Philip Scott pscott14@aol.com Richard Sears rsears@leg.state.vt.us Peter Shumlin senprespt@leg.state.vt.us Diane Snelling dsnelling@leg.state.vt.us Jeanette White jwhite@leg.state.vt.us

Yup, I read a bit of it...gag me...how does a man like him rise to the stature of "judge"? I did not read the entire thread...was there a reason he retired?
My dearest RR,:blowkiss:
That is why you should read the whole thread. There is alot on there.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

He seemed to just appear.

Thank you, I read that and thought "wow, taxi?" I would like to know this info as well. Minor or not, theres a 3rd one out there. ( and yet, I don't like the landlord)

While it is great that this has sparked an interest in trying to change things, we need to work on it on a different forum. This case is not over and we have limited space without our own forum. If you guys need a thread, I would be glad to start one for that particular purpose for you! :)

I am working on it ;)

Swannie-

Born in a B-, raised in an A+ and have been living in an "F" state ever since- Why aren't all states an A+ ?

Besides the open letter to the Vermont officials, would someone please contact Mark Lunsford and get his butt up to Vermont to help fight this fight again.

Heck- I don't even know how to put these fun emoticons in my posts- I am that inept!
Don't feel bad...I was here almost a year before someone finally told me that if you click on post reply instead of quick reply...they pop right up on the right side. (If you click on the more link...the rest come up in a box.)

Speaker on OReilly tonight said of Vermonts rehab prog,
"Vermont, your hug a program is not working".

The more info that comes out on this the more disturbed I become! This was absolutely premeditated to the nth degree with numerous players involved in the plot! It is actually so organized that I can hardly believe it at all! I mean, there were so many links in the chain of events that could have broken to expose what was going on before Brooke had to die.

.......shakes head..........

I was in the car when my cell phone got a text message and it read "Amber Alert Canceled" I was devasted, I knew what the meant.

I am so outraged, I spoke to a few people in the area about starting a letter writing campaign. I am so glad to see people on here had the same thoughts.

I work in Public Relations and from experience, I think that letters would be more effective in this situation. That way they have to open each and every one, instead of just deleting the emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown