Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080707/NEWS/982199479

Meanwhile, Vermont State Police say it could be up to eight weeks before results of an autopsy on Brooke's body are known. When that information becomes available it will be released by the office of Vermont's U.S. Attorney.

Gagnon is due in court at 1:30 p.m., Jacques at 3:15, the U.S. Attorney's office said in a statement.

Not as scary as hearing this tho! :eek: Why would your door be unlocked and left wide open?!

We very rarely use the back door. When my children use the back door they tend to leave it open. I check the back door when I think they have gone out that door. We added on to our house, that part is unfinished, so it's not in use at this time. We have another door seperateing the two. Because of the construction, we do not normally go out the back. And for some reason my children think they were born in a barn.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080707/NEWS/982199479

Meanwhile, Vermont State Police say it could be up to eight weeks before results of an autopsy on Brooke's body are known. When that information becomes available it will be released by the office of Vermont's U.S. Attorney.

Gagnon is due in court at 1:30 p.m., Jacques at 3:15, the U.S. Attorney's office said in a statement.

That seems to support the idea that Brooke's body was in an advanced state of decomposition, either naturally or via something Jacques did to her.

Otherwise, why would it take 8 weeks to at least get a COD or some DNA evidence?

That seems to support the idea that Brooke's body was in an advanced state of decomposition, either naturally or via something Jacques did to her.

Otherwise, why would it take 8 weeks to at least get a COD or some DNA evidence?

It could be or they could just want more time to keep things quiet while they get all their ducks in row.

But didn't the obit state that there would be a wake? I thought that usually meant open casket.

Can't they usually find COD pretty quick? Maybe 8 weeks to get toxicology tests.....

It could be or they could just want more time to keep things quiet while they get all their ducks in row.

But why would they need to keep things quiet? I'm in the minority I guess, but I don't think this was a large conspiracy or that there are other current victims of Jacques, I'm sure he has sexually assaulted other(s) in the past, maybe adults or teenagers, but as far as 'sex ring' type victims similar to AR I don't see it.

I can only think they would want to keep it quiet to give them more time to interrogate Jacques...possibly get him to confess.

I know that CSI gives people an unrealistic view of how long it takes to condut these tests, but a 2 month autopsy on a girl that was dead at most for one week seems unusual to me. Plus, they will sometimes release partial info like COD before the full autopsy comes out...and it sounds like that's not exactly what they're doing here.

Do you know the area of Anniston, Alabama? If so what is it like, and have you heard of anything going on in that area?

Thank you. I have heard not a word mention on the local news. I live about 20/25 minutes from Cullman.

Can't they usually find COD pretty quick? Maybe 8 weeks to get toxicology tests.....

Why they can't release the autopsy before 8 weeks baffles me.
Tox always takes 6-8 weeks. I have never understood why :confused:
Sounds like a business that should be expanded. More labs, please.
IMO

We very rarely use the back door. When my children use the back door they tend to leave it open. I check the back door when I think they have gone out that door. We added on to our house, that part is unfinished, so it's not in use at this time. We have another door seperateing the two. Because of the construction, we do not normally go out the back. And for some reason my children think they were born in a barn.
Oh, Whew! I thought someone was trying to get in or messing with you! Thanks for clearing that up! KIDS!

Sometimes the COD is not clear cut, also I am sure they are running a bunch of toxicology and DNA test and those take time. I hate to say it but I am afraid there will be more than one persons DNA.

But why would they need to keep things quiet? I'm in the minority I guess, but I don't think this was a large conspiracy or that there are other current victims of Jacques, I'm sure he has sexually assaulted other(s) in the past, maybe adults or teenagers, but as far as 'sex ring' type victims similar to AR I don't see it.

I can only think they would want to keep it quiet to give them more time to interrogate Jacques...possibly get him to confess.

I know that CSI gives people an unrealistic view of how long it takes to condut these tests, but a 2 month autopsy on a girl that was dead at most for one week seems unusual to me. Plus, they will sometimes release partial info like COD before the full autopsy comes out...and it sounds like that's not exactly what they're doing here.

I think they are being super careful with the evidence gathering and autopsy. In obviously horrible cases like this I think the urge is to rush to get information out and the criminals charged and sometimes errors are made that the criminals can capitalize on and go free.

For example, I believe they noticed the recently-disturbed ground 24 hours before they finally got the body out and it was just a shallow grave. They are taking extreme care with every step. It is too late to prevent this horrible thing from happening, but I think LE is doing everything they can to catch everyone involved and keep them away from regular people for the rest of their lives.

There are so many twists and turns. Who is involved? How many men, women, and even children? How many knew about this? The only way we will ever know is if LE is very very thorough and careful with everything.

And it is all so horrible that they also can't risk accusing someone of being involved in this horrible mess if they were really innocent. That would just ruin their name forever and they would be sued for sure.

In some instances, the cause of death may be readily apparent at the time of autopsy, but the manner of death is not known. An example of the latter is a person dying in a house fire from smoke inhalation and burns. We can see soot in the airway, and we can see burns. However, we cannot tell from autopsy what started the fire. That answer must come from the arson investigation (which is outside the purview of the medical examiner). As manner of death (homicide, suicide or accident) will then hinge on that determination, we must await conclusion of the investigation. Other examples of the latter are head injuries where nobody saw the traumatic incident, and some close range gunshot wounds (where gunshot residue analysis, range determination, firearms examination, and police investigation may all be necessary to arrive at a determination between suicide, homicide or accident).

Furthermore, in order for accredited forensic toxicology laboratory results to be considered legally valid the results must be confirmed by two types of tests. Toxicology tests will take longer if multiple drugs are involved, if unusual drugs are involved, or if the person is decomposed.

Finally, one must consider the possibility that the pathologist's initial suspicions are not confirmed. For example, if the pathologist suspects drug toxicity but the initial toxicology report reveals only low levels of drugs or no drugs at all. In these cases, the pathologist may submit additional tissues to reevaluate specific parts of the heart muscle or brain, while at the same time consulting with the toxicologist to pursue testing for more unusual or exotic drugs that weren't originally analyzed, while at the same time asking the police to return to the scene of death to ascertain more information, or perhaps to interview additional witnesses. Each death is different, and the findings in each case are different. Additional follow-up is determined as results are obtained. Obviously in such multi-step investigations the process may be lengthy, and the requisite time necessary may not be entirely under the control of the pathologist.

http://www.co.harris.tx.us/me/FAQ.aspx#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_SectionViewer1_section167 (Bolded by me)

Hello, everyone! I have been reading here every day for a very long time, and am so happy to be able to join in now!

In regard to the autopsy results, some toxological testing can take quite some time to complete, can't it?

I am so pleased to see that these 2 monsters, Jacques and Gagnon, are to be in Federal Court today! I do not know about the rest of the country, but neither cameras or video cameras are allowed in Federal Court down here in La.. Some enterprising reporter needs to get a picture coming in or going out of the courthouse! Does anyone know if there is an underground entrance to the courthouse? Quite often, LE will use the underground entrance if one is available and always for high profile inmates.

In some instances, the cause of death may be readily apparent at the time of autopsy, but the manner of death is not known. An example of the latter is a person dying in a house fire from smoke inhalation and burns. We can see soot in the airway, and we can see burns. However, we cannot tell from autopsy what started the fire. That answer must come from the arson investigation (which is outside the purview of the medical examiner). As manner of death (homicide, suicide or accident) will then hinge on that determination, we must await conclusion of the investigation. Other examples of the latter are head injuries where nobody saw the traumatic incident, and some close range gunshot wounds (where gunshot residue analysis, range determination, firearms examination, and police investigation may all be necessary to arrive at a determination between suicide, homicide or accident).

Furthermore, in order for accredited forensic toxicology laboratory results to be considered legally valid the results must be confirmed by two types of tests. Toxicology tests will take longer if multiple drugs are involved, if unusual drugs are involved, or if the person is decomposed.

Finally, one must consider the possibility that the pathologist's initial suspicions are not confirmed. For example, if the pathologist suspects drug toxicity but the initial toxicology report reveals only low levels of drugs or no drugs at all. In these cases, the pathologist may submit additional tissues to reevaluate specific parts of the heart muscle or brain, while at the same time consulting with the toxicologist to pursue testing for more unusual or exotic drugs that weren't originally analyzed, while at the same time asking the police to return to the scene of death to ascertain more information, or perhaps to interview additional witnesses. Each death is different, and the findings in each case are different. Additional follow-up is determined as results are obtained. Obviously in such multi-step investigations the process may be lengthy, and the requisite time necessary may not be entirely under the control of the pathologist.

http://www.co.harris.tx.us/me/FAQ.aspx#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_SectionViewer1_section167

SS, sorry! We posted at exactly the same time! There I went with my question concerning toxicology!

I have a feeling the FBI is most likely checking out not only everywhere Ray Gagnon has lived and everyone he's associated with, but I'd be willing to bet there's also a full blown investigation on Kevin Grosenheider and his friends and family too.

LE always says 'there is no coincidence when it comes to murder.' It's no 'coincidence' that this Kevin was 'just helping out a friend' and he 'lost' the suspect's safe and it's contents. People don't do favors like that for someone who's involved in the middle of a missing person's case and most especially just 'throw away' a darn safe. Safe's aren't kept just for the heck of it. They're kept to keep 'safe,' something, usually valuable.

It's no coincidence, IMO, that MJ is a SO and he's involved with RG who we now find out is a SO (up to this point underneath the radar of LE.). It's no coincidence that Kevin has a relative that's been arrested for '*advertiser censored*.' It's no coincidence that RG just happens to live with a guy who's relative has been arrested for '*advertiser censored*,' and now he's suspected of destroying '*advertiser censored*.'

IMO, there's much, much more to this story. I just pray that LE is able to connect ALL of the dots and break this whole thing wide open. I think, at this time, they're only at the 'tip of the iceberg.'

JMHO
fran

Welcome to WS, Lalaw! I was glad to read a few minutes ago that Jacques will be in court today, too!

I still haven't seen a photo of Ray Gagnon and I hope that the media can land one of those today. The back of his head sketch did nothing to tell us what this jerk looks like.

SS, sorry! We posted at exactly the same time! There I went with my question concerning toxicology!
Don't be sorry! :) I just thought it might help some to get a better perspective on the reasons this autopsy could take so long. This case is very complex and we do want them to be thorough!

I have a feeling the FBI is most likely checking out not only everywhere Ray Gagnon has lived and everyone he's associated with, but I'd be willing to bet there's also a full blown investigation on Kevin Grosenheider and his friends and family too.

LE always says 'there is no coincidence when it comes to murder.' It's no 'coincidence' that this Kevin was 'just helping out a friend' and he 'lost' the suspect's safe and it's contents. People don't do favors like that for someone who's involved in the middle of a missing person's case and most especially just 'throw away' a darn safe. Safe's aren't kept just for the heck of it. They're kept to keep 'safe,' something, usually valuable.

It's no coincidence, IMO, that MJ is a SO and he's involved with RG who we now find out is a SO (up to this point underneath the radar of LE.). It's no coincidence that Kevin has a relative that's been arrested for '*advertiser censored*.' It's no coincidence that RG just happens to live with a guy who's relative has been arrested for '*advertiser censored*,' and now he's suspected of destroying '*advertiser censored*.'

IMO, there's much, much more to this story. I just pray that LE is able to connect ALL of the dots and break this whole thing wide open. I think, at this time, they're only at the 'tip of the iceberg.'

JMHO
fran

fran, I so agree with you! I think it is at the very least a child *advertiser censored* circle. I hope LE will show Savannah a picture of Kevin in a photo lineup to just verify if she has seen him or not!
I think that Jacques has been making and selling it for a long time. Just my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels