Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if that was a tactical move, but either way, it worked out brilliantly.

Nancy's parents already hired Tharrington Smith, LLP. Wade Smith and Alice Stubbs are the attorneys on the custody petition.

BTW, I'm a new poster; I've been a sporadic lurker on this board since Michelle Young.

Since I'm so new here and extremely naive when it comes to matters of law, matters of police work, lawyers, I thought of this and want to ask you 'experts'. Could it possibly be that the arrest is being delayed until after Nancy's family leaves? To protect the children?

I don't know who called them, but IF he asked someone else to call them, suspicious, IMHO.

I also don't think it's suspicious if he didn't call the first day she was missing. But,.........once that day turned into night and there was no sign of her,...... REMEMBER, she had a medical condition and I'm assuming she didn't take medication with her,.............I would have then called her parents.

I think we all KNOW darn well WHY he didn't call them. He KNEW they KNEW and would KNOW what happened to Nancy and would KNOW WHO did it! :eek: LOL, I'm sure you get my point! ;)

JMHO
fran

LOL. Yes, I get your point, but I'm not sure as most seem to be that he's guilty. Probably is, but I tend to sit on the fence until something pushes me off. It does sound like he didn't have a particularly good relationship with them (I wonder if he ever did), so I think that they might assume he did it no matter who called. jmo

Petra,
We tried to get airline flights for our Granddaughters (9 & 7 yrs) to fly from Mn to Florida in Jan. I called several airlines & none would accept them as passengers without an adult.

I questioned some of the supervisors & they said kids could fly without parents before 911 / since 911 they have all ceased doing it.

that's not true, my kids fly all the time by themselves. Actually my son just got back from a flight. He flew alone. He is 11 and has been flying alone since he was 7, we've never had a problem.

Since I'm so new here and extremely naive when it comes to matters of law, matters of police work, lawyers, I thought of this and want to ask you 'experts'. Could it possibly be that the arrest is being delayed until after Nancy's family leaves? To protect the children?
Welcome headndownstream! I don't think so. I think, if anything, it's because they need forensics results which can take awhile. IMHO:)

Brad and his lawyer and family are very well aware, that although Brad has NOT been named a suspect or POI, he's the focus of LE's investigation. Everyone is saying it and it is the topic in the entire town.

The husband most likely will NOT be at the services in Canada next week. I'm almost positive of that.

JMHO
fran

Hi Fran!:)

I was thinking about this too. Like someone else said, LE has probably told him not to leave town. The last thing they'll want him doing is going to Canada because they'll never get him back unless they drop the DP. He's still a Canadian citizen even though he was a resident in the US.

LOL. Yes, I get your point, but I'm not sure as most seem to be that he's guilty. Probably is, but I tend to sit on the fence until something pushes me off. It does sound like he didn't have a particularly good relationship with them (I wonder if he ever did), so I think that they might assume he did it no matter who called. jmo

Oh, you're one of those. ;) j/k

Sometimes it's best to sit on the fence, then you don't ever have to have a large serving of crow, :eek:,..........which has happened on occasion. LOL, even to me!

I sat on the fence during the run away bride thing for a few days, and wouldn't you know, the day after I fell over to he did it, I had to come back and extend my aplogies to the not future groom. heehee...........On Websleuths, of course, so I don't know if he heard me!:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Oh, you're one of those. ;) j/k

Sometimes it's best to sit on the fence, then you don't ever have to have a large serving of crow, :eek:,..........which has happened on occasion. LOL, even to me!

I sat on the fence during the run away bride thing for a few days, and wouldn't you know, the day after I fell over to he did it, I had to come back and extend my aplogies to the not future groom. heehee...........On Websleuths, of course, so I don't know if he heard me!:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Oh, no! LOL. I never suspected him, but I did think that she got kidnapped.

Hi Fran!:)

I was thinking about this too. Like someone else said, LE has probably told him not to leave town. The last thing they'll want him doing is going to Canada because they'll never get him back unless they drop the DP. He's still a Canadian citizen even though he was a resident in the US.

Oh, most assuredly, IF he were to go to Canada for the services, and IF LE wanted him to return, he'd conveniently decline their invitation. Which would mean a lengthy legal process. Whether it's a DP case or not, I'm sure they would do most anything to avoid that. But to the grieving husband, he's probably looking at it, the service in Canada, as his possible salvation from the least, LWOP. :mad:

JMHO
fran

No...can't be ... gotta be another Brad Cooper...That one was working as a forklift operator in Canada as late as 2004.

NC,

I am not sure it is the same BC, but if you look at the bottom of the resume, you will see under skills CCNA, that is a Cisco Certified Networking Associate. The lowest rung on the Cisco Certification ladder, but it could be that this was his beginning steps toward the very coveted CCIE Certification that he now holds.

If this is true, he is either REALLY sharp on networks, or was working odd jobs while in college, etc. CCIE is a very difficult nut to crack, and you have to take the Cisco Certified Networking Professional track between the CCNA and CCIE too. He has been a busy boy!

Also, I saw something in the previous threads about this, and I wanted to point out something.

There have been mentions about him not having pics of the kids on this Ironman pages, not mentioning the family, etc. I DO see your point, but as I previously posted, I am not sure this is with evil intent. Some folks that I know have a web page that is designed for "internal consumption" only. Only invited family and friends know how to access it, and the place family info on that, so as not to have it exposed to the entire Internet. This Ironman page might only be for him to post about his training. You have to remember, he might very well have several outlets, since Geeks are known to compartmentalize their interests, multitask, etc.

Also, I do not have a blog, webpage or anything like that. I do not care about having one, but even if I did, I might mention my family, but THERE AIN'T NO WAY I would be putting any pictures of the kidlets up there!, probably not the wife either.

This is important, not just for this case, but for ALL of your computer dealings, I will only say this ONCE (maybe) so PAY ATTENTION!

One of the ways that hackers work is to gather small, seemingly innocent bits of information from various sources. They might take small things that you do not think really matter, and they weave them together into a pretty detailed file of information. They do this when they are profiling a company that they would like to get into, a person they might be interested in, etc.

I have at least SOME suspicion that potential Child Molesters and Stalkers work in much the same way. You might think it would be no big deal to have a picture of your kid on your web site, and you might be correct. But if someone can put that picture of your kid, and maybe a post about where they attend school, they know more than they need to. Also, not all web sites are properly administered. Accidents can happen in the configuration, and pictures that are in a private area can be exposed to the public. I have seen this happen on several occasions, and I also know that someone who is willing to experiment with the long URL that shows up on some photo pages can see hidden images, even if nothing is wrong with the site.

One site that I am a member on did an update a while back, and some folks were LIVID that some private pictures had been posted on their pages, and threatened to sue. This was crazy, if you have a picture on a site, I can grab that image and post it to the world, since I have the copy. Bottom line, be careful with what you put on the Internet, and if you do not want the world to see it, don't put it on the web pages! <soapbox mode = off>:rolleyes:

CyberPro

I don't know how much authority anyone would have to keep him from going to Canada for the service unless he was formally charged, but I do have to wonder if Canada has a law against extraditing people to a state with the death penalty.

Hi everyone! I, too, am a new member. I live in Wake Co. (in Raleigh not Cary). I was reading the thread last night/this morning about the equity line being increased on the Cooper house. I apologize if this has been stated, but last Fall we had property revaluations and many were quite sizable. So, the tax value of most homes went up and maybe they had the line of equity adjusted to reflect that.

Thanks for all of the insightful comments on this board!

I am eagerly awaiting the 4pm news conference as well.

Thanks very much for that info carolinalady! There was quite a bit of speculations about that! And.....Welcome!

CyberPro -- I've never named my kids or have posted any of their photos to any of my blogs for the reasons that you cite.

PS) Judging from some of the things posted in this forum, you've also got to wonder about the future of social networking.

DianeB said of the link Brad named "The Adventures of Brad"

Thanks for posting this. Did you notice he used the word "plan" 14 times in that one fairly short account?

This guy is extremely detail-oriented, down to recommending which floor of the hotel to stay on, and in which direction to sit to watch on-screen presentations.

If he is guilty of killing his wife, I think it would have been highly planned in advance (although maybe he forgot to check the family's bleach supply...)

Sharp eyes Diane! I didn't notice that, but I noticed his details sure enough. Reminds me of my mother in law, hahaha. I drive her crazy!

Regarding who ended up calling the police Sat afternoon. I think Mrs Adams said that after she and Brad discussed Nancy missing, that he agreed with her that the police should be called. That was discussed and it was (mutually) agreed that when they hung up she would call. She did. Then she called Brad back and they discussed that call. Doesn't anyone else remember this?

I'm glad there are folks here who have experience with passports. Their input has helped me understand how important this knowledge is within this case.

Regarding who ended up calling the police Sat afternoon. I think Mrs Adams said that after she and Brad discussed Nancy missing, that he agreed with her that the police should be called. That was discussed and it was (mutually) agreed that when they hung up she would call. She did. Then she called Brad back and they discussed that call. Doesn't anyone else remember this?

I don't remember that at all. All I remember is Mrs Adams had an odd feeling after talking with Brad on the phone. So she called LE. He was off supposedly looking for Carrie's number.

Nancy's parents already hired Tharrington Smith, LLP. Wade Smith and Alice Stubbs are the attorneys on the custody petition.

BTW, I'm a new poster; I've been a sporadic lurker on this board since Michelle Young.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned (I saw some of Wade Smith's former clients listed) Alice Stubbs is a former Wake County District Judge. Part of that time (maybe 3 years) was over Family Court.

I don't think they discussed calling the police at all, at least not that has been mentioned in the press?
First she called the husband to ask where Nancy was and he said she'd gone out running with 'Carrie'. Then he called the friend, and asked if she knew how to get in touch with Carrie. She said no, he said that he would continue to look for Carries number and they hung up.
That was when the friend (Mrs Adams) decided to call police.

I don't think they discussed calling the police at all, at least not that has been mentioned in the press?
First she called the husband to ask where Nancy was and he said she'd gone out running with 'Carrie'. Then he called the friend, and asked if she knew how to get in touch with Carrie. She said no, he said that he would continue to look for Carries number and they hung up.
That was when the friend (Mrs Adams) decided to call police.
Again..I am wondering, if by any chance the Carrie at the bottom left of the page is the one she may have been going to run with just a thought.

She may have known her because she graduated with Brad.http://www.mgt.ncsu.edu/profiles/stu...ll07/index.php:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500