Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the family was planning to meet with counselors today, after the morning presser, to plan the best way to tell the girls. It sounded like they had plans to bring the girls to the vigils/memorials if possible.(held tonight and tomorrow)

Hi, I am new here, but have been following this from the time Nancy went missing. I just happened upon this website a few weeks ago while looking for info. on another case. Theres so many of these type of things happening that I can hardly keep up. From the beginning, I have had many theories & things I wanted to comment on, but in trying to stay caught up with everyone elses comments, I ended up coming up with other thoughts or theories. For me it still ads up to BC being guilty though.

One thing that I wanted to bring up and get opinions on is the fact that yesterday when listening to Khrista speak, she mentioned that Nancy had been cranky for the last couple of days because she had been painting a house. At first I thought maybe she was painting her friends house because she needed money (since I read Brad was no longer supporting her) but then I ended up reading that it was in exchange for her friend helping her to organize her house. Maybe it was in exchange for her to help her move out or something along those lines. Did anyone else pick up on this comment or think it strange?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I had skipped a few pages to catch up.

Sorry! That was the header for tonight's greta. Has she said what the 'twist' is????? tia

I don't have the tv on but I did go to gretawire and she didn't say anything about the Cooper case.

It's most likely going to be about Nancy's parents wanting the person who did this to come forward, that the dad wasn't worried but the mom was,...........Oh, and Brad's attorney said he's innocent and grieving. :boohoo: They'll probably mention how poor Brad is being convicted by the media and internet blogs.:boohoo:

Other than that, I can't see anything else new she could report.

Oh, yeah, I saw this from another network:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=6273544

.........snip..............

Raleigh Attorney Seth Blum and his partner Howard Kurtz wanted to let everyone know their client is grieving. They say he wants to mourn privately.
"He is not accustomed to the hot glare of the media spotlight," Blum said. "He never dreamed he would see his face splashed across television news shows nor his name in headline, especially under these terrible circumstances."

:boohoo:poor Brad, IF people don't lighten up, he just may have to go out and eat some worms. :boohoo:

Wonder if his attorney called any of the TH's to offer to appear on behalf of his client?:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Where I live, Greta comes on at 10. I usually go to bed and watch it, but if there's any big news, I'll post it.
Oh, I can also watch her program at 10pm, I just can't imagine what "news" she has! The only things that happened today was Nancy's family speaking this morning and then Brad's lawyer this afternoon. Neither seemed to have any earth shattering news! :)

I wish they would respect their grandchild and realize she is smarter than they give her credit for being. She can feel people are overwhelming sad. She can see the teary eyes. She knows something is wrong. I would hate to think she could find out like my daughter did. Children need to grieve with the family. It is healthier in the long run, imo.

I believe the family said they will be relying on the offer for counselling they've received. I guess they just want to make sure they do it right.

Snow, I think if more grandparents were as savy and as determined as they were to protect the children...there would be more children taken away from the possible suspect in these cases. Because Nancy's father is astute in his field is the main reason they were able to get this done in short order. He knew exactly how to go about it and he did not waste any time. Other grandparents seem to wait for them to be arrested instead before filing court papers...then if they are never arrested...it goes back to why they didn't file immediately. See what I mean?

Oh, I can also watch her program at 10pm, I just can't imagine what "news" she has! The only things that happened today was Nancy's family speaking this morning and then Brad's lawyer this afternoon. Neither seemed to have any earth shattering news! :)

I haven't watched her for such a loooong time. I got so fed up with her sucking up to Geragos and his so-called defense.
She was renowned for big program teasers with little substance.:rolleyes:

Snow, I think if more grandparents were as savy and as determined as they were to protect the children...there would be more children taken away from the possible suspect in these cases. Because Nancy's father is astute in his field is the main reason they were able to get this done in short order. He knew exactly how to go about it and he did not waste any time. Other grandparents seem to wait for them to be arrested instead before filing court papers...then if they are never arrested...it goes back to why they didn't file immediately. See what I mean?

Most grandparents would have no idea how or when to do this. Nancy's father obviously, from being in the business in Canada, knew what to do. The family also had knowledge of what was going on, as stated by them, so they were to go into action. If this happened to me, I would be like a deer in headlights. I wouldn't even know that it could be done; much less how to do it.

Imagine what could have been done in other cases such as this, i.e. Drew Peterson, Craig Stebic...etc.

You guys are right...they did mention they were seeing counselors today...good, especially since they sounded as if they'd be at the vigil. Sooner would have been better especially "daddy" is out of the picture too. I'm glad they're going to treat it like a sleepover (grandmothers words). ITA--her father is so poised and seems like a fun grandather.

OK You guys know I am a stickler for being as accurate as possible. Could we please get Jessica and Brett's name corrected here? It appears to be ADAM and not Adams. Thanks!

Cooper was reported missing at 2:51 p.m. Saturday by Brett Adam's wife, Jessica Adam.
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1142058.html

Now that I finished nitpicking...where are we?! I see that there will be no arrest over the weekend which is a bit disheartening as I wanted to be here when it happened!

I am quite disturbed that the children have not been told of their mother's death yet, especially the four year old. I speak from experience on this one. My daughter's grandparents asked me to wait to tell her as they wanted to do this. I respected their wishes up until the point she let me know she already knew. Come to find out, she knew from the very beginning as she heard the phone call come in and heard her aunt discussing her father's accidental death on the phone. No one would talk to her about it and she felt she shouldn't talk about either. She was left to grieve for days all alone and afraid. I felt horrible. We have discussed it many times through the years and it still haunts her.

I wish they would respect their grandchild and realize she is smarter than they give her credit for being. She can feel people are overwhelming sad. She can see the teary eyes. She knows something is wrong. I would hate to think she could find out like my daughter did. Children need to grieve with the family. It is healthier in the long run, imo.
ITA...and the mention of Krista Mommy...really upset me...a mother cannot be replaced in a young child's life...and as comforting as it may be that Krista resembles her mom...she's not Nancy. IMHO the child should be told. I'm sure, though, they are speaking with a therapist about this.

I haven't watched her for such a loooong time. I got so fed up with her sucking up to Geragos and his so-called defense.
aint that the truth! The only thing I could think of in terms of 'twist' would be something from Mark F. Perhaps his boots~on~the~ground approach has turned up something interesting...

but you are most likely right LOL.....all talk and no action LOL:crazy:

on a business trip to VA:eek:

where they'll catch a bus to Mexico.

I was just thinking about the little girls, and hoping that the grandparents explain, at least to the older one, before they take them to the vigil. In fact, I'm not sure it's a good idea to take them at all, but it's not my decision to make.

I think the family was planning to meet with counselors today, after the morning presser, to plan the best way to tell the girls. It sounded like they had plans to bring the girls to the vigils/memorials if possible.(held tonight and tomorrow)
I sure hope so. It would be a positive step in the grieving process for the four year old to see the overwhelming love and support for her family.

Growing up my favorite movie was Rocky...my family always says that I go for the underdog...but my eyes almost got caught in the back of head when Brads attorneys said he doesn't like to see his name in the headlines...what about the name of his Blog...adventures of Brad.

BTW---Magistrar provided the link for custody petition. One of the items did say that Brad was not the one that told the family she was missing. That should have come from him.

Anyone recall when they first came aware?

Most grandparents would have no idea how or when to do this. Nancy's father obviously, from being in the business in Canada, knew what to do. The family also had knowledge of what was going on, as stated by them, so they were to go into action. If this happened to me, I would be like a deer in headlights. I wouldn't even know that it could be done; much less how to do it.

Imagine what could have been done in other cases such as this, i.e. Drew Peterson, Craig Stebic...etc.

If I knew how my daughter was being treated and then she ends up dead...I think I would have grabbed my grandkids and hid them without thinking that might not be a good idea LOL...

I know what you mean about Geragos, but I think her program has gotten better. At least with Maria Lauterbach's murder she covered that a lot with a camera crew in the Laurean's back yard. She also covered Jessie Davis' murder well too, also going to her house and giving a tour. I think that helps a lot to give perspective to the crime scenes and area. :)

Insufficient evidence is a very good defense.

Those are exactly the other cases I was thinking of in that post. There are many others, too. It bothers me to know these men only have their children as "trophies" of their wives' disappearances. It was their end game and they won...at least for now...until the Grand Jury indicts them or LE finds more proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike