Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that Nancy left her purse in the car, but then I live in a large city and would never do that. However, the cell phone should have been in the house charging I would think. You know the LE are checking that phone to see the last time she called out on it.

Can anyone answer for me whether the children went with Nancy to Canada? If they had just returned to NC then I guess that's why the passports were in the purse/car?

Oh, how I wish they would have stayed in Canada! She would be alive today.

I HAVE to put in my 2 cents worth on the...leaving your purse in the car thing.
I think it is very much a personal thing. I regularly do it, as does another friend of mine. It would not appear odd to my family to see mine left in the car because that's just what I do.

There is a property owner in Cary named Marion J who lives 1.3 miles from the Coopers. I'm pretty sure this is a female since a male co-owns the house. If this is the right person, you will appreciate the irony of where her co-owner works -- the NC Dept of Correction -- if I am correct in my research!

http://services.wakegov.com/realestate/

Griff's blog: http://griffsnotesdc.blogspot.com/

Melbel, did you hear a Marian Johnson the second time around? They were talking so fast I caught a Heather and then Grif Jenkins, the reporter, mentioned what I thought was Marian Johnson (as the neighbor).

I'm going to google Grif Jenkins and see if he has a blog.

The HB on Classmates.com indicates she is "spoken for", although I don't know when that was last updated. No photos, not much to the profile except "favorites". I want to hear a last name before I just start posting things here!

Can anyone answer for me whether the children went with Nancy to Canada? If they had just returned to NC then I guess that's why the passports were in the purse/car?

Oh, how I wish they would have stayed in Canada! She would be alive today.

We've learned that Nancy went to South Carolina to spend some time at the beach with her family. We've never been told that the children went, but it has been assumed. Nonetheless, she had just returned from Hilton Head and not Canada.

Usually there are signs of divorce in the records I'm looking at. I see potentially parents, 1 sister and grandparents.

I can't say why her father wasn't worried, but perhaps Nancy wasn't worried either. She thought she had things under control by the sounds of it. I don't hold her father responsible in any way! He would have moved heaven and earth to keep her safe. I have no doubt about that one. You can clearly see how much he loves his family and would do anything for them.

I can't say why her father wasn't worried, but perhaps Nancy wasn't worried either. She thought she had things under control by the sounds of it. I don't hold her father responsible in any way! He would have moved heaven and earth to keep her safe. I have no doubt about that one. You can clearly see how much he loves his family and would do anything for them.

I agree and I'd like to reiterate that I'm not saying he bears any responsibility. She was an adult; It was her life and she could make her own choices. I just wanted to say that because the grandfather knew what was happening may be a subtle threat to Brad and it could be helpful with the custody question, but it really doesn't say anything public about the murder.

I think he meant he wasn't worried about Nancy being killed by her husband.

Meanwhile, her mother was worried about the situation.

I doubt anyone thought Nancy would be killed. The reason I doubt that is because, based on what we have heard, there just is nothing that points to Nancy having been in danger. Sure, her husband acted like a jerk (alleged affair(s), withholding money, hiding passports, refusing to move out of house). But that would not have sent up red flags that a homicide was in the near future, at least not for me.

To me, biggest red flag occurred after, or contemporaneous to, Nancy's disappearance: the husband's visit to the grocery store to buy bleach (or detergent with bleach) at 4 a.m.

I think that many people assume that husbands who are not physically abusive or don't threaten to kill their wives are not dangerous.

From what I've observed, complete selfishness and lack of normal human emotions such as compassion are better indicators that a man might kill his wife. Men who do this have spent their lives putting on an act. They pretend to be outgoing, friendly, charismatic, caring , loving husbands and fathers. When the facade starts to crumble, the wife would be the first to see it. That is when she becomes expendable...and he becomes a killer.
JMO
Susan

Nurse,

Got that one done, "working" on a powerpoint... this site is addictive!!!
dude...I know! Actually Steve Huff turned me on to this place...... HANDS DOWN~ IT IS THE BEST TRUE CRIME FORUM ON THE WWW (and that is world-wide-baby!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you got your paper done. I remember those days (and this is not coming from a crinkly old woman but rather a crass, deductively thinking, double major in musical theatre thinking, kind of gal (who pierced her eyebrow at age `30...to MUCH dismay of the army officer's wives club LOL)..

The HB on Classmates.com indicates she is "spoken for", although I don't know when that was last updated. No photos, not much to the profile except "favorites". I want to hear a last name before I just start posting things here!

Heather is a popular name for the 30 somethings.
IMO

I HAVE to put in my 2 cents worth on the...leaving your purse in the car thing.
I think it is very much a personal thing. I regularly do it, as does another friend of mine. It would not appear odd to my family to see mine left in the car because that's just what I do.
ditto cam moon! If I were ever to be found dead there would be no purse and bruises all over my legs and arms...

why?

because I am a tomboy and always have been...and hate purses.. (could Nancy have hated purses and just stuck the stuff she needed in her pockets....? )

And because if someone bought me a LV purse I would pretend to be all happy about it but could care less if it sat in the car all night LOL

To me, biggest red flag occurred after, or contemporaneous to, Nancy's disappearance: the husband's visit to the grocery store to buy bleach (or detergent with bleach) at 4 a.m.

I'll admit that the purchase doesn't look good and it'd cause a question in any reasonable person's mind, as it has my own, but it alone doesn't prove guilt. After all, the flipside of that coin is that nobody can ever purchase laundry detergent on the off-chance that somebody might get murdered and all stores should start closing at 8pm.

We have to tread lightly here, IMO. Even though we've got only one "Heather" associated with the Coopers, that doesn't mean she is the one who allegedly had an affair with Brad.

I found one other property owner named Heather in Cary, who lives 1.3 miles from the Cooper's house.

Also, the "Heather" may not live in Cary or may live in an apartment, or may have a last name I have not turned up in my Google searches cross-referenced with Wake County's real estate data, or may live in Cary but not be the property owner of record.

Geez, there could be a dozen Heathers who could be the one.

Usually there are signs of divorce in the records I'm looking at. I see potentially parents, 1 sister and grandparents.

IMO, nothing we know so far proves that Brad is guilty. If it did, he'd already be under arrest.

I'll admit that the purchase doesn't look good and it'd cause a question in any reasonable person's mind, as it has my own, but it alone doesn't prove guilt. After all, the flipside of that coin is that nobody can ever purchase laundry detergent on the off-chance that somebody might get murdered and all stores should start closing at 8pm.

We have to tread lightly here, IMO. Even though we've got only one "Heather" associated with the Coopers, that doesn't mean she is the one who allegedly had an affair with Brad.

I found one other property owner named Heather in Cary, who lives 1.3 miles from the Cooper's house.

Also, the "Heather" may not live in Cary or may live in an apartment, or may have a last name I have not turned up in my Google searches cross-referenced with Wake County's real estate data, or may live in Cary but not be the property owner of record.

Geez, there could be a dozen Heathers who could be the one.
Well...if you reason that this particular Heather knew Nancy's neighbor well enough to admit she was having an affair with Brad...I would say she probably lived near her, worked with her, or had another reason to feel so comfortable with her. It has been rumored that the person Brad was having an affair with was a friend of Nancy's. So it even makes it more evident this person being so close to Nancy, Brad, and to the neighbor...might be a neighbor herself. If she were not married, but only living with a man...she may not turn up on any searches as to her current address.

IMO, nothing we know so far proves that Brad is guilty. If it did, he'd already be under arrest.

Exactly. There is some circumstantial "evidence" which is hard to ignore, like the rumors about their relationship, the bleach purchase and her parents publicly accusing him of the crime in their petition for custody, but none are irrefutable, "CSI - Las Vegas" facts.

When I was a teen, I got the "Sheriff Lobo/Roscoe P. Coltrane" treatment from a neighboring town, but I've always considered the Cary PD to be a model of professionalism and beyond reproach. If he did it and if they can find the evidence, I trust that he'll be indicted, but until that time, I don't really know. And, if he didn't do it and if she was the victim of a random act, I honestly can't be as sure.

I agree. The problem is that it is hard to predict which men who have crumbled facades are probable future murderers.

I don't think that most middle-class women who are killed by their spouses are aware that they are in danger beforehand, absent physical abuse or threats from their husbands.

(I use the term "middle class" because the victims in the cases I have followed were middle class.)

Also, many of these women were on the verge of getting divorced or separated from their husbands. They are focused on how to start their lives anew, how to support their children, how to get a job, where to live, and so forth. Others have been pregnant or have a baby, and they are focused on that baby.

I'm sure many were thinking of more than I mentioned, of course, and I bet that focus elsewhere is another reason that their lives being in danger was not uppermost in their minds.

I think that many people assume that husbands who are not physically abusive or don't threaten to kill their wives are not dangerous.

From what I've observed, complete selfishness and lack of normal human emotions such as compassion are better indicators that a man might kill his wife. Men who do this have spent their lives putting on an act. They pretend to be outgoing, friendly, charismatic, caring , loving husbands and fathers. When the facade starts to crumble, the wife would be the first to see it. That is when she becomes expendable...and he becomes a killer.
JMO
Susan

If Brad didn't do it, I think it's very unprofessional of the Police to not warn the people of Wake county to the potential danger of a murderer on the loose.
Err on the side of caution....
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members