Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they find peace, and happiness at the end of their journey. I, myself would have moved immediately after that horrible Sunday evening.

So tell me, do the people of Weleetka talk of it being two shooters or one, or have they even shared their thoughts on the how many question at all.

So tell me, do the people of Weleetka talk of it being two shooters or one, or have they even shared their thoughts on the how many question at all.

Sarah seems most here believe it to be one shooter.
What are your thoughts?

Sorry if posted already.

Article and short video of first days back at Graham school. Mentions some additional safety measures, bracelets, plaque. Mentions that a pyschologist came in before school started to talk to teachers - "She talked about when someone is arrested," Chancey said. "That will effect them. So we needed a plan."

===========

WELEETKA — Wanda Mankin recently was flipping through a stack of tests taken in the spring by students of Graham Schools.
The elementary principal had wanted to get their attention on the first day of class about the importance of earning good grades. Instead, the stack itself got her attention.

"I forgot to take Taylor's out,” she said. "The students didn't see her test, but I just stopped. A student said ‘Is something wrong?' I said, ‘No, no, nothing is wrong' and I went on.”

http://newsok.com/at-girls-school-in-weleetka-love-is-greatest-asset/article/3281245/?tm=1218341886

I'm still reading the autopsy reports and don't have an opinion yet, I really can't see young kids having the ability to successfully disguard two guns, bloody clothing, and hide their feelings from family members. But, which of us knows the truth, only God, the killer(s) and those two little angels.

snips/transcript & Audio http://www-cgi.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/12/nancy.grace/index.html?iref=24hours

GRACE: What happened that day? When did you see your granddaughter Skyla?

FARROW: Actually, I didn't see her. I'd seen her body. Her body was covered. And I never got any closer than 50 feet to her. They wouldn't let me any closer.

GRACE: When did you learn of this -- this murder?

FARROW: Well, Sunday afternoon. My daughter was the second person to arrive on the scene. And the daddy of Taylor wouldn't let her near Skyla. And she called us at our home, and we flew over there to see about her because we knew something was drastically wrong. So it was Sunday afternoon, probably 5:20.

Just got done reading this thread, and I was just about to post exactly what TG's posted.
That Claudia said she DID NOT see Skyla's body on Nancy Grace and then in another interview (maybe Greta) she alluded to the under the chin shot and the gauze dressing on the wounds. I'm not sure she was saying SHE saw it, or someone told her about it.

Either way, it's irrelevant to the actual solution of this case.

ETA..Thanks Tom's Girl for getting that link.

Just got done reading this thread, and I was just about to post exactly what TG's posted.
That Claudia said she DID NOT see Skyla's body on Nancy Grace and then in another interview (maybe Greta) she alluded to the under the chin shot and the gauze dressing on the wounds. I'm not sure she was saying SHE saw it, or someone told her about it.

Yes Thank you for your post.
I think autopsy would have stated if gauze pads were on the bodies.

Your right irrelevant to the case.

When I first saw the post on gauze dressings on the wounds...I couldn't figure why..girls were fully dressed where would Skyla's gauze's be, I was sure ME did not undress her.

Ok were stopped for the night and it is easier to type now. I do not know where we will be sent this week. I know the last two weeks we went West, if we are sent that way again this week I will see print a flyer and put it up on the board at the TS. I have a printer in the truck so thats not a problem at all.

As far as the tatoo is concerned, I truely believe it is a home made tatoo. The being point up is strange though. Almost like maybe she did it herself. Think about this, if you were drawing something you are going to draw it right side up as you are looking down at that you are drawing it on. This tatoo was on her breast, so if sSHE did it herself she would be looking down at her breast and drawing it right side up from her view which in our view would be upside down. Make sense?

snips/transcript & Audio http://www-cgi.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/12/nancy.grace/index.html?iref=24hours

GRACE: What happened that day? When did you see your granddaughter Skyla?

FARROW: Actually, I didn't see her. I'd seen her body. Her body was covered. And I never got any closer than 50 feet to her. They wouldn't let me any closer.

GRACE: When did you learn of this -- this murder?

FARROW: Well, Sunday afternoon. My daughter was the second person to arrive on the scene. And the daddy of Taylor wouldn't let her near Skyla. And she called us at our home, and we flew over there to see about her because we knew something was drastically wrong. So it was Sunday afternoon, probably 5:20.
A point was made saying that my source was wrong about what Claudia saw - well the above says exactly what MY SOURCES (I had more than one on this fact, BTW) said, Claudia was not closer than 50 FEET to Skyla at the scene - and WOW, Claudia herself says she wasn't any closer than 50 feet - she was BEHIND THE TAPE - just as my sources in Weleetka said. My source has not been wrong on any FACT I have gotten from him yet - he has also passed along local rumors, which I have clearly stated as rumors - but this was not a rumor. He knew for a fact that Claudia Farrow was NOT allowed to see Skyla's body at the scene - nobody but LE got near those girls once Peter walked away to meet Rose Whitaker and it was so bad for Peter he didn't even want to talk about what he saw.

I for one cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to see those sweet angels that way - I think I would want to have my last memory be of them alive and smiling - not bloody and bullet riddled left alongside the road.

BTW I will talk to my "source" tomorrow and see if there is any news in Weleetka - last I talked to him he said there was some interest in a few local young men that they have not been able to um...locate. I will find out if they have been able to talk to any of them yet. I will say that according to my source OSBI and Local and State LE are ACTIVELY WORKING this case every day - this is not a cold case and they all feel it's solvable.

My Opinion

It was on Greta that Claudia specifically list the wounds and the guaze on the arm, stating that the cover was pulled back. Unfortunately I cannot find the transcript for it. If you go back through the threads on this case there are several posters who heard the interview and discussed it.

It was on Greta that Claudia specifically list the wounds and the guaze on the arm, stating that the cover was pulled back. Unfortunately I cannot find the transcript for it. If you go back through the threads on this case there are several posters who heard the interview and discussed it.

Yes it was on Greta, June 12 I believe. Claudia saw Skyla at the funeral home. The ME had just released Skyla's body to the family. The gauze on the wounds would make sense because it was after the autopsy.

2 separate interviews with Claudia describing two separate occassions – one was the Nancy Grace show, where she described what she saw at the crime scene on June 8th (ref TG’s link above); one was on the Greta Van Susteren show, where she described what she saw at the funeral home on June 11th (Skyla’s wounds, gauze, etc.). There is no transcript for the Greta show, only posts about it on 3 different forums and a reference to Skyla’s grandparents seeing her at the funeral home (link below).

Bottom line is, Claudia was being truthful about what she saw at two separate times.

-----------------
Thurs, June 12th Article:
For Skyla's family, Wednesday was the hardest day. Forensic investigators returned the girl's body to a funeral home, giving her mother, father and grandparents their first chance to see her since her death.

http://newsok.com/for-slain-weleetka-girls-kin-pain-keeps-coming/article/3256335/?tm=1213280045

I do not think Claudia specified that she saw the wounds and gauze at the funeral home on Greta.
As a matter of fact she didn't say the funeral home during her Greta interview. I know this because I've been following these threads since #1, and when Claudia talked about the "under the chin" shot and the gauze on Greta, everybody here started asking why gauze was on the wounds at the crime scene. I think we were confused because Greta was asking about the day of the shootings and the bodies being found, and that is when Claudia mentioned the wound and the gauze. It was unclear she was talking about viewing Skyla at the funeral home.
She probably meant she saw the body at the funeral home, but it was not specified on Greta that's what she meant.

Again...this is not really relevant to solving this case, it's just people here getting defensive over who is right and wrong.
I think we can now say for certain that Claudia in noway saw the bodies at the crime scene, but most likely saw Skyla's "under the chin" wound and the gauze at the funeral home, and that's what she was talking about on Greta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose