Geraldo At Large - 08.23.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive the newbie question, if it's already been covered, but who is Frank B? I thought I knew most of the names, after following so much, but this one I'm not familiar with.

He is believed to be the father of Patrick B who visited Casey in jail. IMO, Patrick is nothing more than a name dropper and hanger on from his high schools days.

The address that was posted for Derrick W was a mile south of the Sawgrass apartments.

In all fairness Desdemona tracked him down to once living at #214 at Sawgrass. He moved to his current place in 2007.

Casey: " guys by bringing you here (LE) I'm also trying to tell you to look for a dude that used to live in this building until last year! Such a waste!"

From the Geraldo segment
NO EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST THAT CAYLEE IS NOT ALIVE!

What does that tell ya? The forensics are back and show NOTHING!

LP gave whom ever has Caylee 5 days to turn her over or he's coming after em'
That would mean they have until Friday morning to return the child or face the wrath of LP...

No evidence to suggest that Caylee is not alive could mean they have NOT gotten the results back from the evidence sent to the FBI, Body Farm and other places for testing to confirm she is dead.

Inadequate handlers/ trainers ? Improper ques from their handlers. Is there video of the dogs hitting ?
They were hitting on something else, maybe blood ? I'll have to find the link, but one of the chemicals present during decomp is also in..... semen.
Was a used condom thrown back there ?
The dogs are used as tools, there has to be evidence to back up their findings and that's what I've been waiting for.
Everyone say's they should have been back weeks ago.

Putriscene is what you are refering to, which is one of the two chemicals that humans smell when flesh is rotting but is not what the dogs hit on. Putriscene and Cadaverene are produced by all flesh when it decomposes, human or animal. There are 400 chemicals produced by a decaying body, the dogs are not hitting on a condom.

I thought it was interesting because Geraldo spun it the opposite way to his guests, Kim and Jeanine, which caused them to do a quick 180 in their opinions of what evidence LE actually has.

I am still of the opinion LE has the goods and will be presenting them to a
Grand Jury very soon.

I think they believe she is dead, have evidence to support that belief, and that that level of evidence is different than being able to prove it. At this point anyway. I think they have Caylee's DNA in the blood stain, but the stain is not large enough to prove death, and they are waiting for more advanced testing which would be done at fewer labs and take longer to get back.

No body and 31 days passed (now two months plus) and a mother who wont' be be questioned is no small feat for the prosecuters office. Doesn't change my opinion that everything we were going to learn happened early in the case. She wasn't reported missing, a nurse, a former cop, a current homicide detective and two dogs said there was a dead body in the trunk and yard, Casey isn't speaking and her daughter still has not been found. The rest of this is a big old spin job.

You are probably correct, it looks like they just ran out of time.

I just reread this from the transcript:

GR: Do you have any evidence that Caylee is alive? Other than what Casey told you?

CN: Well, at this point, we don't have any information provided to us that leads us to believe otherwise. We believe that she's still out there. That she can be found. If anyone provides us any information. But again, the information we're receiving, the evidence, the follow up that our detectives are conducting with the assistance of the FBI lab as long with the Federal Department of Law Enforcement and their crime analysis folks, receiving all of those tips of information, we have not been able to establish her well being.

If I am reading this correctly, Captain Nieves is actually saying that taking into account all the evidence they have so far, they have not been able to establish Caylee's well being.

Any thoughts?

I viewed what LE said on Geraldo to be their way of saying that they are not just looking for a dead child. Casey's attorney and/or Leonard Padilla specifically stated that LE is looking for a dead child, whereas they are looking for an alive child.

If LE does not at least appear to be looking for a live child, then the defense at trial would say they didn't even consider any other theories.

I still think LE has more evidence than what they appear to have. Remember that LE guy that handled the DC Shooters? The media had him depicted as a bumbling idiot who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. As it turned out, he had spearheaded a brilliant effort.

In all fairness Desdemona tracked him down to once living at #214 at Sawgrass. He moved to his current place in 2007.

Casey: " guys by bringing you here (LE) I'm also trying to tell you to look for a dude that used to live in this building until last year! Such a waste!"

Is there a link to this? The only address I could find in all of those posts was not at Sawgrass. I would love to see something that shows otherwise?

I have to remind everyone that the unfortunate truth is police investigations do not go the way they look on TV programs. My mother-in-law was murdered 4 years ago. The police bungled the investigation like you wouldn't believe. It took them days or weeks to get around to investigating, impounding, confinscating really important evidence, even though this things were being pointed out to them. Often times said evidence had already been destroyed or contaminated by the time they got to it. I've often thought what a shame it is that more homicide investigators are not women. Love men, but lets face it, they think very differently than women and can be really dense. anyone that lives with one knows!!! The only reason we found my mother-in-laws body after we had sent male police to the home with NO RESULTS, we finally got hold of a female officer who "got it", went back to the home and found her body hidden. So not surprising to me that these guys forgot to look at the car for a couple of days.

My MIL was also murdered, still no indictment. And I completely agree that it does not happen how it looks on TV at all.

I think they believe she is dead, have evidence to support that belief, and that that level of evidence is different than being able to prove it. At this point anyway. I think they have Caylee's DNA in the blood stain, but the stain is not large enough to prove death, and they are waiting for more advanced testing which would be done at fewer labs and take longer to get back.

No body and 31 days passed (now two months plus) and a mother who wont' be be questioned is no small feat for the prosecuters office. Doesn't change my opinion that everything we were going to learn happened early in the case. She wasn't reported missing, a nurse, a former cop, a current homicide detective and two dogs said there was a dead body in the trunk and yard, Casey isn't speaking and her daughter still has not been found. The rest of this is a big old spin job.

This is so true!
If any type of a Mom who was innocent & looking to be charged with her daughters murder should spill her guts!

Casey is a con girl! I hope LP throws her back in jail like real soon. This time LE needs to put her in general population at the jail.

After watching Geraldo last night it appears that like LE is being extremely cautious with any new statements and information. Maybe the original charges were given to soon.
At this time may be waiting for more conclusive evidence which could take a bit longer.
Could be from dealings with the family, they may be using a different tactic. As the judge said truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers.
LP seemed quite annoyed that he was getting no cooperation from the lawyer. Could be the lawyer gave him false hope and lied about cooperation before he actually bailed CA out.
LP mentioned things not previously mentioned on tv (to my knowledge but readily available here on WS).
He specifically said NY(which could be New York, or code for another place)
He said the names of 4 people he is interested in obtaining cell phone records from. He said he was interested in 5 people, but he only mentioned 4 by name as I recall. Re-read the transcripts and only saw 4 names.
He mentioned the pizza parlor where CA ordered pizza
He mentioned finding out who held Caylee
LP seemed quite fired up this time.
He said it was NOT A KIDNAPPING and CA knows who she handed the child to, that it was voluntary.
He also stated he is not interested in CA only the people she had contact with.
He always without fail mentions the reward and no questions asked.
Sure hope he knows something soon.
Caylee hasnt been seen since mid June.

does anyone have a link to where I can read the "Geraldo" and Jose Baez" or watch video of the boat interview? I haven't been watching Geraldo and I don't understand whats going on ...

One other thing..... someone mentioned Baez bringing Padilla in. I think Leonard Padilla is really pizzed at Baez now because Baez did not going along with his plan of having access to Casey. LP said tonite he wasn't working for baez or anyone. He is working for himself and he is going to get all the pings on all the phones and find out where they all have been and get the child. He doesn't care what Baez thinks.

This also makes me think that Leonard knows Baez is in on it and probably knows what happened to caylee. Thats why he gave that warning tonite that he is giving them 3 days (or was it 5?) to produce Caylee and he is going after the culprits. He is one gutsy guy. I like him alot more now.

This BH is at least taking control of the situation. If we left it up to Casey, we would never know??:eek:

The original officers were responding to Cindys theft call about Casey stealing the car and money it wasn't until the third 911 call did she mention that caylee was missing. While Casey was on the pnone with 911 the initial officer arrived. IMO they would have called detectives out after the third call.

I still think LE has more evidence than what they appear to have.

Remember that LE guy that handled the DC Shooters? The media had him depicted as a bumbling idiot who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. As it turned out, he had spearheaded a brilliant effort.

Bumping this post, I read the brutal stories of some you who have suffered terribly at bungled investigations- I too, am a member of that club, unfortunately.

It's because of that, in part, that I feel so strongly that LE is truly doing everything right here. If they were not, they would be waging the war on the PR serve following serve. They are not, they do not have to, and there is a reason. The DA does not want to be the next Marcia Clark or Alex Hunter . I watched Capt. Nieves last night carefully, his mannerisms, his very selective comments, they are gearing up for a development this week; a big one, I can feel it. Hang In. Trust Blink on this one. If I am wrong I will open a "Blink was wrong let her have it thread "

Padilla is saying Casey knows who she VOLUNTARILY passed Caylee off to and that these people aren't holding Caylee against Casey's will. He's giving Casey 5 days to tell who these people are or he (Padilla) is going to do his own investigation to find Caylee.

Just another Casey lie. Why would she voluntarily pass Caylee to "these people," then claim that "these people aren't holding Caylee against Casey's will", AND THEN sit in isolation in jail for a month, unwilling to even talk to LE never mind tell LE who she "willingly" gave her child to?

Another example of "the Casey way" ... twisted reasoning, perhaps no reasoning whatsoever. :rolleyes:

wedavis- I'm not sure what you meant by this? Did Casey say this in her jail telephone call? Please clarify. Thanks

wedavis- I'm not sure what you meant by this? Did Casey say this in her jail telephone call? Please clarify. Thanks

No she didn't I was mocking her. Cindy and a few posters are buying the theory that Casey is droping clues here and there.

There are no clues just coincidences. I'll bet we will see Casey or Baez trying to milk those coincidences for all they are worth. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat