2008.09.02. REVISIT Will she accept the limited immunity deal?

will casey accept the state's offer of limited immunity tomorrow?

• yep

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • nope

Votes: 267 89.6%
  • dunno

Votes: 16 5.4%

• Total voters
A two or 3 year old cannot swallow a pill. It would have to be a liquid medicine AND this drug cannot be prescribed for a child. Even just putting it in your mouth it tastes awful even if you could swallow it. I do not believe Caylee could swallow a xanax pill nor would she do so willingly.

On a 2nd note, where is that camera and why is it stuck?

Yep I know it's not a drug for children. Just wondering if it was possible she swallowed it like a regular pill. But u make a valid point.

Casey would've had to crush it and put it in kool-aid or something. Even with the nasty taste, she would've had to convince Caylee to do it.

I remember crying and throwing a fit having to take children's cough syrup when I was a little girl. My mom would sit next to me and sweet talk me thru the whole ordeal. It took a long time but the job got done. I had my cold meds and I felt better later. LOL

Just imagining Casey doing the same thing with a cup of juice or kool aid with the crushed nasty pill in it. :(

<<A two or 3 year old cannot swallow a pill>>

True, but what if a pill is crushed and mixed with juice or food?

Another point, if "everyone" has the opinion that "Casey didn't take the deal" JB may have further proof of his client being painted in a negative light by the local community and may bolster his desire for change of venue.

Change of venue to where, England? LOL Not trying to be snarky but the whole nation has kept up with this case.

Even moving it one county away to where I live (Osceola) wouldn't make that big of a difference. JMO

Wonder if her not accepting the deal means that TES and LE are no here near the area they need to be searching or Casey is confident that the body won't be found.

Unlike other cases where I did not have confidence in LE for one reason or another, I believe the investigators in this case are doing a stellar job. They aren't perfect - no one is - but they certainly can not be faulted for not giving away more info on the status of their investigation. This is a multi-task investigation involving many areas of discovery (e.g. computer forensics, DNA, cell phone/ping records, following up on leads from tip line or email, etc.). As frustrating as it is not knowing what LE knows (or doesn't know) I think we can at least be confident that nobody wants to solve this case more than the detectives and investigators working it.

moo

DT

ITA!!

And let's not forget LE and the FBI are going to want people held accountable for the endless LYING & obstruction of justice that has tied up precious resources that should be going towards solving OTHER crimes.

It's really a non-deal for the defense and I dont think anyone in camp Casey ever took it seriously, I also think that we should assume that TES and LE have a non-public search tactic as well, just a thought.

Unlike other cases where I did not have confidence in LE for one reason or another, I believe the investigators in this case are doing a stellar job. They aren't perfect - no one is - but they certainly can not be faulted for not giving away more info on the status of their investigation. This is a multi-task investigation involving many areas of discovery (e.g. computer forensics, DNA, cell phone/ping records, following up on leads generated through the tip line or by email, etc.). As frustrating as it is not knowing what LE knows (or doesn't know) I think we can at least be confident that nobody wants to solve this case more than the detectives and investigators working it.

Edited to add: The one thing I would like to know is if the investigators are monitoring the Anthony's to ensure they are turning over all tips they personally/privately receive like the Modesto PD did in the Scott Peterson case.

[IIRC, the Anthony's provided their home number on their website and the flyer - if that's not correct, please let me know.]

moo

DT

TRUE DAT.. Good Post

Xanax is very foul tasting and VERY bitter. No juice or fruit would cover it up. No child would willing eat anything with xanax in it.

<<A two or 3 year old cannot swallow a pill>>

True, but what if a pill is crushed and mixed with juice or food?

It's really a non-deal for the defense and I dont think anyone in camp Casey ever took it seriously, I also think that we should assume that TES and LE have a non-public search tactic as well, just a thought.

Is this the "deal" JB had never heard of, or seen?:rolleyes:

Mr. Litig8r is at the search today. I just called him to check in and he could only speak briefly. He said that Cindy is there talking to LE. That's all I got, and you guys prolly already know it - but just in case.

Is this the "deal" JB had never heard of, or seen?:rolleyes:

Actually in later interviews he just stated he would not comment on any dialog between his office and that of the State's Attorneys office.
It was all Hat and no cattle, pardon the pun, I think the deal was about drawing out the after the fact component, imo

<<That's what I've been pondering. What benefit does this proposed deal have for Casey? It seems LE want her to point them to the evidence that will convict her (Caylee's body) and the only promise they're making to her is that they won't use her words against her. If they have the body, Casey's words won't matter anyway.>>

I posted this on another thread, too. I think you're totally right. What benefit does this immunity deal have for the defendant? Of course she's not going to accept a deal like that. The way I understand the deal is this .... tell LE what you know (where to find Caylee) and we won't hold your "actual" words against you. But we'll still charge you with a homicide. Huh?

Xanax is very foul tasting and VERY bitter. No juice or fruit would cover it up. No child would willing eat anything with xanax in it.

I agree that it is nasty and juice wouldn't cover it up. But I do think other things could. When I was a kid I had to take horrible, bitter medication for my asthma. My mom would put it in applesauce but the taste still came through. So she started putting it into pudding or milkshakes. Sometimes she'd even put it into my PB&J. I think it could be done with a little trial and error.

IMO Casey Anthony is an absolute waste, and a pathetic excuse of a human being. Furthermore I simply will not even watch another one of CA or GA's obnoxious interviews. Those people are all a bunch of delusional liars. How dare they just disrespect and smack LE/FBI in the face! Arghh!!!

JMHO

Gonna post this here since it mentioned webcam being moved to search headquarters - then I'll move and cross-post in general thread (please tell me if this is not allowed).

Mr. Litig8r is at the search today. I just called him to check in and he could only speak briefly. He said that Cindy is there talking to LE. That's all I got, and you guys prolly already know it - but just in case.

Thank you for posting that here, too. Very much appreciated.

Does anyone else have 3 or more threads going at the same time, along with the webcam?

I am afraid to say that I do ... :crazy:

Keep us up to date on what happened today. I am so jealous of Mr Litig8r, and hope he learns something today about the case.

I ended up not posting in general - they seem to be talking about something else at the moment, but aside from that, I have stuff I need to be getting done so I don't think I can juggle multiple threads right now!

~snip~Could be important to note when/if they appeal and/or the Anthony family ever start to spout claims of inadequate council.

Yeah, but they would have to prove ineffective counsel (don't think that's going to happen over just this...how many chances and deadlines do they need?) and also prove that the outcome would have been different (if not for the ineffective counsel). At least, that's how I believe it works. Anyhow, I doubt she's yelling from her cell saying she wanted the deal. She can speak for herself...doesn't have to come from her attorney. (ETA: He doesn't decide, she does...end result is her wishes.)

I didn't think she would take it. Remember when she was willing to talk with full immunity? How sick can one be? She knows exactly where Caylee is but is so worried about herself she is deliberately leaving her family in h3ll.

Well that works out perfectly, doesn't it?

Casey's willing to leave her family wondering if they'll EVER find Caylee's body & her family is more than willing to defend Casey's actions.

I don't think anyone name Anthony really wants Caylee's body found.... it's NOT in the best interests of poor Casey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back