John Morgan to depose Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
She can plead the fifth, claim that answering in a civil case could incriminate her in the criminal case, and avoid responding to questions in a deposition or in interrogatories. However, there can be consequences in a civil case for doing that, unlike the protections a criminal defendant has in a criminal case. In my state, the fact that you don't answer can allow inferences to be drawn against you, or maybe other remedies (like striking the answer, etc.). You could end up having a judgement entered against you. Time for some Baez strategy, I guess.

This is how it is in my state, too.

I do not believe that where there is a death involved or a baby missing at the negligence of the family that they should be allowed to make any money off it.
SO IMHO when a movie comes out: I do not think she should get a dime. MOO

"Son of Sam" law.

In this case, I think it should extend to her entire family as well.

I do not believe that where there is a death involved or a baby missing at the negligence of the family that they should be allowed to make any money off it.
SO IMHO when a movie comes out: I do not think she should get a dime. MOO

I totally agree.

Ha ha ha. My guess is that he will now try to put this one off too...He'll beg time (again) due to the murder trial.

Yes, he will ask for a continuance and it will probably be granted. :mad:

I honestly don't think JB knew what he was getting into when he took Casey as a client. He's got 2 criminal cases and 1 civil case with her as the defendant/respondent and NO experience in any of these matters! :rolleyes:

http://www.local6.com/news/17996146/detail.html

"I think the mother -- in a way -- seems to be enjoying this whole thing," Morgan said.

"Instead of talking about chasing ambulances, I would be chasing after Caylee. I would be in the woods. I would be door to door."

The truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth.

The rest of the article is very interesting:

Report: Party Life Constrained

A Local 6 News investigation into the timeline of the Casey Anthony case has revealed how the woman's well-documented partying was restricted by the needs of Caylee.

Local 6 News reporter Tony Pipitone said records show Anthony's partying was constrained by what she called "mommy duties," especially in the month of May.

On May 3 at 4:21 p.m., Anthony and then best friend Amy Huizenga made plans to attend a party."Any more details on that party?" Anthony asked.

But about two hours later, Anthony sent Huizenga a text message reading, "Cross your fingers that my parents get back soon. God I need this tonight."

To the best of my knowledge, when one gives a deposition, they are under oath as if they were in a courtroom.

To the best of my knowledge, when one gives a deposition, they are under oath as if they were in a courtroom.

Yes, but how is this going to work out for everyone's favorite pathological liar? lol

Cindy will be next if she doesn't shut that trap of hers.
<snipped>

I've thought for a long time that Sin-dee should be named as a defendant in this case. Or, well, JM could file a separate case. Either way, Cindy should get her come-uppance too.

I think Morgan's got his eye on those book/movie deals. LOL!

His firm makes deep, double digit millions each year. I don't think he's too concerned with chump change from book deals.

http://www.local6.com/news/17996146/detail.html

"I think the mother -- in a way -- seems to be enjoying this whole thing," Morgan said.

"Instead of talking about chasing ambulances, I would be chasing after Caylee. I would be in the woods. I would be door to door."

Hey I think I like Zanaida's attorney!...

Of course that's what you or I would do!

Hey I think I like Zanaida's attorney!...

Of course that's what you or I would do!

As well as the rest of this planet (with ONE exception of course)!!

I just don't understand why she filed suit against ZG. I can't see that she would benefit in any way from it. Can any of you explain why her new attorney might have thought this was a good idea?

OMG! I would postpone brain surgery to see KC try to pull this off. Please make sure we don't miss this. What was JB thinking?????????????:eek:

I just don't understand why she filed suit against ZG. I can't see that she would benefit in any way from it. Can any of you explain why her new attorney might have thought this was a good idea?

He probably saw a movie or tv show where a lawyer filed a counter suit.... so he did too. lol

Yep. And then if the case goes to court, instead of being settled (ha -- like that my happen), then whatever is said in court better match the depositions, or that 'ole perjury charge could sneak up and bite someone! Hey, wait. Maybe JM will depose Sin-dee in the case, it'll go to court, she'll change her story, and get charged with perjury!

He probably saw a movie or tv show where a lawyer filed a counter suit.... so he did too. lol

LOL

Looks like Baez didn't want his name on this one, I wonder why?

2i2afli.jpg

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/33315-fl-jonathan-kasen-1249218.html

Jon. Kasen

Avvo Rating: (Out of 5)

Experience: 3
Industry Recognition: 2
Professional Conduct : 5

------

http://crowellcarmona.net/3.html

Tomasita D. Crowell

Tomasita D. Crowell concentrates her practice on all aspects of commercial and construction law, with an emphasis on construction litigation and commercial litigation. She has represented project owners, contractors and subcontractors with such issues as delay, acceleration, default, termination, insurance claims, and construction/design defects. She has also represented clients in the medical, entertainment, and real estate fields in commercial disputes.

Ms. Crowell is admitted to practice law in the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida and is a member in good standing of the Florida Bar. She is also a member of the North American Society for Trenchless Technology and the NO-DIG 2007 Program Committee.

Ms. Crowell graduated with honors in accounting from the University of South Florida and obtained her law degree from Emory University School of Law, where she was recognized nationally for her trial and appellate skills. Prior to pursuing her law degree, she gained practical construction experience at a Swiss-based trenchless underground utility company, where she was responsible for contract management and compliance from initial bid to substantial completion.

I wish I could be a fly on this wall.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/33315-fl-jonathan-kasen-1249218.html

Jon. Kasen

Avvo Rating: (Out of 5)

Experience: 3
Industry Recognition: 2
Professional Conduct : 5

------

http://crowellcarmona.net/3.html

Tomasita D. Crowell

Tomasita D. Crowell concentrates her practice on all aspects of commercial and construction law, with an emphasis on construction litigation and commercial litigation. She has represented project owners, contractors and subcontractors with such issues as delay, acceleration, default, termination, insurance claims, and construction/design defects. She has also represented clients in the medical, entertainment, and real estate fields in commercial disputes.

Ms. Crowell is admitted to practice law in the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida and is a member in good standing of the Florida Bar. She is also a member of the North American Society for Trenchless Technology and the NO-DIG 2007 Program Committee.

Ms. Crowell graduated with honors in accounting from the University of South Florida and obtained her law degree from Emory University School of Law, where she was recognized nationally for her trial and appellate skills. Prior to pursuing her law degree, she gained practical construction experience at a Swiss-based trenchless underground utility company, where she was responsible for contract management and compliance from initial bid to substantial completion.

Is it just me or does all of these new lawyers coming and going only have commercial & construction emphasis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox