With all that has transpired, do you think KC has told JB the truth?

Don't we already have a thread about this?

No, she can't tell JB the truth and nor does he want her to. The less he knows the better he can defend her by making things up which weave together all of her lies instead.

No. No way has Casey Anthony told the truth to anyone!
She isn't capable of telling the truth.

Do you think KC is still sticking to her "story" or do you think she has fessed up to JB after all the evidence thats come forth?
No I don't. She wouldn't want him to think she was capable of doing anything bad. I think she's given him the same story as she gave LE. And he won't question it either if he's planning on defending her at the trial. MOO

I agree with whoever said JB isn't the typical defense attorney. I think he definitely knows exactly what happened and that he was told by KC and likely CA as well. JB doesn't seem to put ethics first, if you know what I mean.

All those hours at the law office when she was out on bond, all those hours he spends at the prison. What the hell could they be discussing? Seriously. I don't know if they're sleeping together, but their relationship is nothing like a typical client/attorney relationship. Nothing at all.

Speaking of JB .... when was the last time he, not someone from his firm, was to see KC and how long was the visit? Anyone??????

Do you think KC is still sticking to her "story" or do you think she has fessed up to JB after all the evidence thats come forth?

I think she has told JB a version of HER truth. Of course, Casey's truths only exist in the fictional side of life...

bolding mine. he sure does know, but not cause she told him, it's cause he has at least one functioning brain cell.

I'd need some scientific evidence of that claim!!! ;)

IMO, Casey will stick to the vague "I don't KNOW where she is" nonsense and that's as close to the truth that she will ever come.

I can also see her maybe one day in the future making up some ridiculous story.... maybe she had a dream & saw where Caylee's body was hidden (by the make-believe kidnappers).

I just don't think she'll ever admit she had any conscious knowledge of Caylee's death.

I think that he does know some version of the "truth" as told by kc. I have thought that ever since he filed a motion for her to "travel to places of interest". I think he was told a story that would allow for kc to have knowledge where Caylee is buried and at the same time allow for it to not be kc's fault.

I am in agreement with Judge Strickland - "The truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers!"

Nope, not the truth anyway. I don't think that she will EVER confess to anyone, not about what really happened.

I think she has told JB a version of HER truth. Of course, Casey's truths only exist in the fictional side of life...

I agree Elphaba!

IIRC, on a talk show while back a defense atty said that JB would not want to know if she is guilty. He said that if JB knows that KC killed Caylee he can not ethically represent her as being "not guilty of murder or agg manslaughter". He said that if she confesses to JB, he could ask to be removed from the case and have a public defender appointed until she found new counsel without the public having knowledge of why. I can not remember if he would be required to report it - however, I'm almost positive he would have to report if she confessed to the location of Caylee's body. Bless her heart - RIP Caylee! It's so difficult to talk about this baby's 'body'. :cry:

May KC :burn: in h-e-double hockey sticks if she is guilty of this!

No, I don't think she has told him the truth. I wonder if that has anything to do with the way the limited immunity deal was handled. Don't know how it played out, but I can just see JB trying to talk some sense into Casey, just to have her sticking to her ridiculous story. :crazy:
I REALLY hope this trial is televised...
Lanie

Speaking of JB .... when was the last time he, not someone from his firm, was to see KC and how long was the visit? Anyone??????

I would like to know that too. He has been rather quiet lately (except for walking smugly in front of his experts)

I think that JB would be willing to listen to any story KC told him and be willing to 'suspend disbelief' long enough to represent her. He seems firmly in her corner.

I would like to know that too. He has been rather quiet lately (except for walking smugly in front of his experts)

I think that JB would be willing to listen to any story KC told him and be willing to 'suspend disbelief' long enough to represent her. He seems firmly in her corner.

Verbally he has been quiet. That batch of motions he filed only proves he has used up his last brain cell. His boilerplate need to fill in, should have filled the blanks, motions must have been completed by a "caveman" borrowed from Geico that day. Judge Strickland must have had a good laugh that day. Surprised the Clerks office didn't/haven't kicked them back to JB yet.

Or if they have, I haven't read about it.

No, I don't think she has told him the truth. I wonder if that has anything to do with the way the limited immunity deal was handled. Don't know how it played out, but I can just see JB trying to talk some sense into Casey, just to have her sticking to her ridiculous story. :crazy:
I REALLY hope this trial is televised...
Lanie

I do too! :D

When a lawyer represents a client charged with a criminal offense, the normal course of action is to meet with the client and listen to their side of the story. The lawyer will question the client about inconsistencies, reported facts that can not be established, State evidence that does not cooroborate the client's story, etc. as the representation continues its course through the discovery stages etc.

KC going to Baez's office everyday was a bit extraordinary, but remember he didn't want her to be coerced into saying something to her own detriment to her family or the BH's. I would have done the same thing. I am sure that they had long, long talks about the law, the charges, the evidence, and the lack of any coorboration of KC's stories, characters, places, etc.

If you aren't an attorney, then it is hard for you to imagine how intimate the relationship is with the client and no, it is not sexual at all. We become emersed in our client's well being and get to know them very well, their families and remain connected to them for life. When the case is over it is very tough for the client because they become very dependant on their lawyer. It is hard when they have to realize that the attorney is now completely emersed in another client.

I hug my clients, I hold their hands through depositions and trials, they cry on my shoulder, they find comfort in my office where they are not judged by anyone and it is the one place where everyone is happy to see them.

If a client confesses to his or her attorney that he/she committed the crime for which they are charged, the lawyer can continue to represent the client. The thing that the lawyer can not do is to offer false evidence of innocence (false alibis) or to subjorn perjury from a witness, i.e., the lawyer can not put the client on the stand and ask the client "did you kill XYZ" knowing that the client will lie and say "No."

If the client has confessed to the lawyer, he/she must still provide a vigorous defense. This could mean challenging the evidence collection, testing, the LE testimony,etc. Even a guilty client is entitled to have the State prove their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and the lawyer's job is to make sure the State sustains it's burden of proof. When faced with overwhelming evidence, the lawyer is required to offer his/her best advice based on all the circumstances of the case and this is where they begin to talk about plea bargains, etc. However, if the client refuses to make any deal, the lawyer can continue to represent the client through trial, with the limitations expressed above.

The problem is that it is hard to represent someone adequately if you are already of the mind-set that they are guilty liars. This is where you are exposed to "surprises" as the client continues to get caught lying with proof of the lies presented by the State. There must be mutual trust between the client and the attorney or things are not going to work at all.

Baez can terminate his representation any time he wishes, however it is very prejudicial to the client to do so at the last minute before trial and is frowned upon by the court and the Bar.

I see all the criticism of Baez, but I can't see where he has done anything unethical or prejudicial to KC's interests. From what I see, he is a competent attorney and KC trusts him so that is all that matters. Is there any question but that he is on her side, her defender? No. I think she is in good hands and he is doing a great job.

motions must have been completed by a "caveman" borrowed from Geico that day.

respectfully snipped...

Thanks for the laugh! Good thing had finished my tea.

Does anyone have an idea of the terms of the imunity deal? Just no DP? reduced sentence? or what? Does anyone think the state would offer one now?

I am in agreement with Judge Strickland - "The truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers!"

I would amend that to "The truth and the whole dang A FAMILY are strangers!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upabigtree
Back