Baez on the Today Show 12/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't she tell her side of the story now? (And it will BE a story, I am sure.)

And why is she more concerned about clearing her name than she is about finding her little Baby?

Because she's a moron, and Caylee always seems to be an afterthought. I don't get her.

Cause it's easier to tell stories than it is to potty train, read to your child, give them good meals, bathe them & put them to bed.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

How did she give her child up to an unknown family for adoption? Did she put an ad on the bulletin board of the local laundromat, "SMALL CHILD FREE TO GOOD HOME, PICK UP @ FUSION PARKING LOT, 3PM."
There would be some kind of a trail to follow. Casey could give the info to Baez, Caylee could be proved alive, and George and Cindy do not have the right to be told where she is. Yeah, they could pursue it in court, but they don't have the money, and lets not forget the endless remarks on the jail visitation made by Casey about wanting to come home.
Lanie

No money changed hands so theres no money trail and the adoption wasn't legal so no paper trail. There was an ad in a paper that KC saw from someone in Puetra Rico so she contacted then through the mail so as not to be traced. She will not devulge the identity of the family because she is the "Mother"..( I don't mean this in a kind way)..of the year...I'm not trying to get anyone to rant because there's enough on here without adding anymore. I'm looking for theorys on JB defense.

Okay, I just saw the Baez slip - Lauer asks Baez is there anything that Casey wants to say? And Baez replies, she is 100% innocent - whatever happened to begging for Caylees safe return???? BAH! Again proves that Casey harmed that poor child!

I saw the mother and sister of the girl who disappeared in NY - they were hysterical begging for the girls life, let her come home safe - this is what happens when someone is missing! You beg for their return! You don't just say 'I'm innocent' or you don't have family looking into leads that are 6 months old - NO ONE has asked for Caylees return!

It drives me bonkers!

They won't ever do that, in order to make a heartfelt plea, you would have to believe with all of your heart ,that she is alive and somebody has her, and they know it's not true. Caylee is gone. CA and GA can't even force themselves to say anything on that level.

Let me tell you something..I raised a Bi-Polar daughter. She also had a child when she was young. She used to physically attack me when she was in her teens. I was a single mom but I'm a farm girl..we are tough. If I would have treated my daughter like the A's treat KC it's no telling what she would have tried to get away with. When I see their family dynamics it makes me crinch. Watching the jail tapes makes me think that the A's will back up any "bombshell" story that KC wants to spin but WE are not them. There's an answer in all of this..sewage..that their spewing and there is enough good minds on here to figure out what it is...By the way, my daughter is 30..married working on her masters and my grandson is great!

It's not going to bode well either way for Casey that she waited until trial to "tell her side of the story." In scenario #1, she has remained silent all of this time to protect Caylee and at trial will endanger Caylee's life to save her own skin. In scenario #2, she has been withholding information that may have helped authorities to bring Caylee home to safety but has simply chosen not to share it.

They won't ever do that, in order to make a heartfelt plea, you would have to believe with all of your heart ,that she is alive and somebody has her, and they know it's not true. Caylee is gone. CA and GA can't even force themselves to say anything on that level.

Hi Rosepetal..The A's will play into KC story for as long as it suits their purpose. If you watched some of the tapes of the jail visits KC is crying because she is homesick and wants mommy and daddy to get her out of jail but when CA says when we get Caylee home all of this will be cleared up and you will get out of here. KC backs water and says something like..we'll see..KC knows Caylee is dead and she really thinks this is a game and because she is so nice and pretty no one is really going to put her in jail for the rest of her life..Reality has just slapped KC up side the head and unless she grows up really fast and starts talking she's goin down...

We have to remember - Casey has been getting away with 'it' her whole life - what makes this so different???? I'm sure thats what she's thinking

I think George Anthony had it right when he told Casey that he hopes JB isn't putting Casey's rights before Caylee rights and that he wasn't doing all this to further his career.

george you have never said anything smarter.

:waitasec: Is Baez REALLY going to let her take the witness stand and waive her 5th amendment right? I really HOPE he does this!!! ;)

The A's are going to be on LK on Wed, and KC's pre-trial is on Thursday.

Seems strange the parents will possible be out of town for the pre-tial.
Am I missing something here?

It's typical that the defendant would not be present for the PT, so I don't find it odd at all her parents would consider missing same.

Oy, why did i click that :banghead:

(but ty for recording and posting, Patty)

What I wish someone would force a real response from Baez is this: Why is the "REAL STORY" a secret? If we will all know and understand, why wait to tell the jury? Why not tell it now, and maybe it will help LE "find" Caylee? Is this about getting your client off, or about finding her missing daughter? And which is more important to your client?

IMO, it's all posturing. There will be no defense story or explanation. They will debate the evidence on a scientific basis and rest their case.

Matt Lauer did say that anytime they have a segment on the case that they get TONS of mail from viewers who are angry that they are letting Casey's side have her say.

I believe the change of venue has become a moot point due to the saturation of this case....

Bolded is mine.

ITA - and it was a moot point, at the latest, at the time Baez decided to argue in court against the gag order sought by the prosecution. he'd never be able to convince Judge S his client cannot get a fair trial due to the media coverage, etc., when he himself opposed the gag! :D funny, eh? :D

What I don't get is if she truly has a story that will shock the world and clear her name, why wait until the trial? They should be getting as much of her story as possible out in the public to prove that LE has the wrong person before trial and to help the public to look for Kaylee or at the least to help LE to look for her.

This has never made sense to me. I understand the need for the defense lawyer to state and restate his clients innocence but it seems that they usually have some kind of story to tell not just saying that we will all understand at trail.

Isn't it also your defense attorney's job to try to avoid a trail by showing that she is innocent with proof provide to the prosecution so they would consider dropping the charges?

I mean if the defense had a truly bombshell piece of evidence that she is innocent wouldn't they present this to LE/Prosecution before the trail and get her released?
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I just heard that JB is going to be on TruTV's "Best Defense" show today. The show comes on at 11:00 a.m. EST, but they'll probably drag it out until the end of the hour before he comes on.

I just saw part of it and couldnt watch any more. They had him on as a consultant (sort of) asking what he thought about the sentencing of the OJ accomplices. So, they probably paid him as a consultant. There goes the $980.00 he needed for copies of tips..

:waitasec: Is Baez REALLY going to let her take the witness stand and waive her 5th amendment right? I really HOPE he does this!!! ;)

:popcorn: Popcorn for everyone if he does and that is a big IF.

I think George Anthony had it right when he told Casey that he hopes JB isn't putting Casey's rights before Caylee rights and that he wasn't doing all this to further his career.

george you have never said anything smarter.

On a psychological level, it must be like a brain vacation for KC to have Baez to defend all her lies. She must love having him defending all her ridiculous stories. (For her sake, she should hope he's as good as CA always was at doing that.)

Baez would be the first to admit his client is first, i am sure. But if i were his client, i'd say "let's delay my case, who cares about me, my life is worthless without my baby anyway, so let's focus on helping find my daughter first."

But I doubt that conversation occurred.

JB is stringing this out to make as much money as possible before trial. It's why he didn't want the gag order, IMO. It's part of his pre-book sale publicity.

I think Baez is setting up "HIS" deals with all these interviews. I don't believe it has to do with KC at all. He is getting ready to get into some SERIOUS trouble if he continues on this path.

Right, I def can see in their faces that they feel she does not tell the truth. They take a statement she says and put a spin on it and then Casey spins it again. Like a toy top. It is hard to follow this case and not become totally frustrated that there is actually people like this in the world, and wonder why such a beautiful little girl was given to a family that would not love and appreciate her ALL the days of her life.
Bolded is mine.
well, we've been reading that George, from the very first day with LE, was pulling LE aside and telling them that he didn't think his daughter was telling them everything... this is further/additional confirmation of what we've already seen in the written words of the interviews and audio/video recordings of same.

I just saw part of it and couldnt watch any more. They had him on as a consultant (sort of) asking what he thought about the sentencing of the OJ accomplices. So, they probably paid him as a consultant. There goes the $980.00 he needed for copies of tips..

Doesn't it hit anyone as strange that this man does not seem to have the money to defend this case?

As everyone knows, one of my brothers is an attorney and when he takes a case, he hires PI's, consultants, what and whomever it takes to make the case. Expenses for a good defense can run into the 1/4 million dollar range. This man has only had one person in this and that is Dr. Lee and we don't know if he has even been paid and then he can't pay the state's bill for $980.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member