Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

I could be very wrong, but the way I read read the motion that corrections filed, (and it was carefully worded, even for legalese), was that this can actually be used as a supporting motion in the long run to support any decision Judge S may make in regards to to JB's latest motion for waiver rights for appearances.

I'm breaking it down like this:
1. last motion hearing was a fiasco for corrections, including getting other inmates back in their cells so KC could be moved to transport area, pulling staff to transport KC, and navigating/arranging such transport to minimize media exposure outside of the court house
2. Judge S. rules KC must attend all important hearings - except date & status hearings - to off-set possible appeal issues
3. JB files new motion against previous ruling for 'non-acceptance of right to waive'
4. Corrections is asking that KC's name only be included on transport list for days she has to attend hearings - which is provided by Judge's Judicial Asst. (i.e. it comes from the Judge)
5. Judge S. can now use this as part of the reason to deny current motion. Or at very least, to ensure that KC is in court each time, even if JB files these waiver motions over and over again. If adequate advance timing/planning is required corrections and must be on transport list by 4:00 of trial day, then Judge S. can reasonably (I think) approve corrections motion (hope he does first!!!), which impacts JB's waiver motion.

If I am right, this is a good thing. JB can motion for waiver to appear out the wahzoo, and she'll still have to be there for each hearing, whether she stays or not.

Corrections isn't helping the defense with this motion. :D

If all that's a problem for corrections, seems to me that if Casey is moved into general pop, most of the problems go away. Poor lil thang.

If all that's a problem for corrections, seems to me that if Casey is moved into general pop, most of the problems go away. Poor lil thang.

If she gets moved to General Population, I might miss the look on her face when she is sentenced to life in prison. Keep her protected I say.

Loving your thinking this morning, Debs. Shaymus had a great thought above, too, about limited 'make-over time' :D

I don't see anything derogatory written about her appearance. Coming from him, the claim that it creates a "circus like atmosphere" makes me laugh.

Let's not forget......Baez argued against the Gag Order Motion presented by the State.

Loving your thinking this morning, Debs. Shaymus had a great thought above, too, about limited 'make-over time' :D

Why thank you, PotatoHead.

If they could just push the Court's start time ahead 4 or 5 hours, Miss KC might be more interested in making an appearance. :rolleyes:

Why thank you, PotatoHead.

If they could just push the Court's start time ahead 4 or 5 hours, Miss KC might be more interested in making an appearance. :rolleyes:

But, whatever will she wear these days? She no longer has Amy's cheques to purchase anything from Target's Winter/Spring '09 Perp Collection by mail-order.

And maybe, the orange jumpsuit is the only thing that fits these days.

I could be very wrong, but the way I read read the motion that corrections filed, (and it was carefully worded, even for legalese), was that this can actually be used as a supporting motion in the long run to support any decision Judge S may make in regards to to JB's latest motion for waiver rights for appearances.

I'm breaking it down like this:
1. last motion hearing was a fiasco for corrections, including getting other inmates back in their cells so KC could be moved to transport area, pulling staff to transport KC, and navigating/arranging such transport to minimize media exposure outside of the court house
2. Judge S. rules KC must attend all important hearings - except date & status hearings - to off-set possible appeal issues
3. JB files new motion against previous ruling for 'non-acceptance of right to waive'
4. Corrections is asking that KC's name only be included on transport list for days she has to attend hearings - which is provided by Judge's Judicial Asst. (i.e. it comes from the Judge)
5. Judge S. can now use this as part of the reason to deny current motion. Or at very least, to ensure that KC is in court each time, even if JB files these waiver motions over and over again. If adequate advance timing/planning is required corrections and must be on transport list by 4:00 of trial day, then Judge S. can reasonably (I think) approve corrections motion (hope he does first!!!), which impacts JB's waiver motion.

If I am right, this is a good thing. JB can motion for waiver to appear out the wahzoo, and she'll still have to be there for each hearing, whether she stays or not.

Corrections isn't helping the defense with this motion. :D

Thank You!!! I understand now..:blowkiss:

Snipped by me:

This motion makes interesting reading !!

1. Corrections has stated that they should not be required to assess the nature of each hearing in order to determine whether or not KC must attend.

2. The transport process begins at 4:00 am - which would definitely impinge on our diva's beauty sleep and severely limit her makeover time.

3. Corrections really needs to know who must go to Court each morning so that they can utilize discipline and/or force if necessary to compel attendence. Wow - was KC disciplined for her behavior prior to the last hearing ? Was force necessary to compel her attendence ? Has the "model inmate" shell cracked ?

I think this is a CYA motion. Corrections doesn't want to be accused later of not enabling KC to attend a hearing. Alternately, they want clear direction to use force, if required, to compel her attendence.

<snipped and bolded by me> so that they can utilize discipline and/or force if necessary to compel attendence.

I'm not sure that force was used to compel her attendence at the last hearing but I do think that it placed OCJ in a very precarious situation. You have an inmate telling you that they're not required to be there because they're attorney told them that but you have the inmates name on the transport list, if your the OCJ, what do you do? You don't take the inmates word - especially an inmate with a history of lying to the OCSD, how about the defense attorney, can you trust what he says or are defense attorneys known for trying to pull a fast one over on a judge? Trust - No, Pulling fast ones - Yes and in this case I'm sure that JB had no doubt that KC could pull one of her lies out her hat and convince the OCJ that it was a... clerical error. Do I think that she convinced them? No, not entirely but she convinced them enough that they second guessed themselves and rather than exert force, which they would done to any other inmate but with this being a high profile case they were concerned that if they exerted force and she really didn't have to be in court, they would be *&@$#~! But I bet they wanted to exert force and probably more so when they got the word later to get her arse to the courthouse after all. Now at least by filing this motion they've essentially told the judge that this has to be clarified - if she goes or if she doesn't go has to be submitted by the Judge's Judicial Assistant otherwise their hands are tied.(literally)They can't make that determination and risk being wrong. If they exert force and it turns out that she didn't have to appear, they're screwed and if they don't get her arse to court and she is supposed to appear then they have to make special arrangements to get her there. Theres always a flight risk when transporting inmates but the risk increases when transporting an inmate on short notice and outside of protocol - combine that risk with the risk involved in a high profile case such as this where there is a real possibility of some nut-job, who wouldn't think twice about taking out a cop just to take out KC. If I'm a cop, I don't want to die for KCA.

Sorry, a little off topic from the thread title, but it will be good for KC to see how lazy her defence counsel is - per their presentation of her witness list. I hope SS does disallow it and make him conform.

cool...now court starts at what 8:30 am....(est???)--that would mean 5:30 am for me....hm mmmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

Hi zoey,

8:30am est. We will keep you updated. Sleep instead. :)

I haven't read all the way through this thread yet but I think Baez doesn't want her to appear so that if he doesn't get her off it will give her more reason for an appeal. Saying she wasn't granted the opportunity to appear. I also think she doesn't want to face her parents!

FOX News just reported that she has to be at the hearing, as well. :boohoo:

Snipped by me:

This motion makes interesting reading !!

1. Corrections has stated that they should not be required to assess the nature of each hearing in order to determine whether or not KC must attend.

2. The transport process begins at 4:00 am - which would definitely impinge on our diva's beauty sleep and severely limit her makeover time.

3. Corrections really needs to know who must go to Court each morning so that they can utilize discipline and/or force if necessary to compel attendence. Wow - was KC disciplined for her behavior prior to the last hearing ? Was force necessary to compel her attendence ? Has the "model inmate" shell cracked ?

I think this is a CYA motion. Corrections doesn't want to be accused later of not enabling KC to attend a hearing. Alternately, they want clear direction to use force, if required, to compel her attendence.

According to myfox Orlando, Judge S. IS requiring her to attend hearing at 8:30am.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Thanks to angelwhocares :) daily updates

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
This would make for a 3am wake-up call at the very minimum if the process begins at 4:am
I say force her azz... bed-head and all.
Can't wait to analyze her facial expressions this time.

OK So the judge decided against the waiver for her to attend and now JB is challenging him. Right?

Doesn't this kind of blatent challenge to the judge's authority cause a riff in the courtroom for other issues? Isn't it best to try and keep the judge from detesting the defense team? This is the part I guess I don't understand. Why would JB press the issue by going up against the judge?

Because I think ol' Jose doesn't know what he's doing and he is just as much full of himself as his client, Miss Inmate. I can't wait for Judge S to put the beat down on JB and company.

What times does all this go down tomorrow?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH
Back