Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here is a huge appellate issue for KC when the trial is over.

This is critical to the issue of when the body was placed in that area and JB is being denied the opportunity to find what may be exculpatory information.
I think this ruling is in error.
I think the motion Baez filed was ridiculous – he wanted the records of every search and every searcher, most of which have absolutely nothing to do with the site where Caylee’s body was found.

Is anything preventing him from filing a better motion, one that is specific to the dump site and the records of the search results for that area only?

I don’t see why Tim wouldn’t give him that information, if it exists. If TES made a record of assessing that site and finding it was underwater and inaccessible, it’s not going to help the defense.

ETA: Of course, if he wanted to file a new motion, perhaps he should do it in the state of Texas.

This is critical to the issue of when the body was placed in that area and JB is being denied the opportunity to find what may be exculpatory information.

Doubt it. Even an appellate Judge will be able to see that JB didn't need information on the whole TES search for Caylee in Florida.

If he asked for just the information needed, the folks that did the search in that area, etc.. I could see an Appellate Judge having an issue.

This is kinda like when he asked for ALL the tips and was whining about all the tips that was being ignored, etc. then when they were made ready for him, he whined that he was given ALL the tips and not the 'real' tips he was talking about. ???? <eye roll> He was given exactly what he was asked for.

Now he wants data on every volunteer, every site, etc. What for? He doesn't need all that and would whine if given to him. Nor would he respect the fact that someone had to work to complie the info and pay their salarys. For TES that is donor money. Money that should be used to help find missing children!

He can refile and request exactly what he needs and explain why he needs exactly that. He also can file in Texas. His hands are not tied. Waiting for later without doing his foot work might blow up in his face.

Is TES the ONLY available resource to whether or not the location where Caylee's body was found was underwater last summer?

Don't people in the neighborhood know? Wasn't the psychic GSJ on video saying she didn't go off of the mowed grass when she had her "feeling" because past the mowed grass the area was underwater?

Why doesn't Baez ask GSJ about what the area was like. We KNOW GSJ was there during searches. There is a video that has been all over the net showing her there.

This woman is a performer! She must have wanted a career on stage. This lawyer bit was her 2nd choice.

Yes! She is a Barbra Striesand fan, I think. She wasn't very professional before Judge Strickland, making demands and reminding him of his judicial responsibilities in a haughty manner. She gives me a headache.

Nobody is preventing volunteers with exculpatory information from calling Baez's tipline.

Seems to me like coming after people nastily demanding their names for media release maybe isn't the best the way to get them to even WANT to talk to you. Who wants to be another ZFG or JG or RM or AL or part of a *daisy chain conspiracy* because they say they saw WATER???????

Calm vs. loud doesnt win you any points.
Its good for the judge to like you, but in the end its your level of skill and getting your point across. I think MN is good .. but Baden is def top of her field, but im a layperson pretty much so what do I know :p

NeJame is a class act, and a top notch attorney as well. Don't know about Baden's track record but she is very annoying, and didn't win this round today. I am a layperson too, and know no more than you.:)

ITA- that boy looks like he is in lust! His behavior was just as bad as Casey's and IMO worse because HE should know better! He's a friggin' lawyer for crying out loud, she's a sick, stunted little girl doing what she does best, using her imagined "sex appeal" to get people to like her.

ITA. He acts like a love sick school boy. SO many of us have noticed this behavior. Why don't the "authorities" do something? I just can't figure out why he is allowed to go on as her attorney? You know, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....:waitasec:

If there is any issue after the trial, at this point it can only be that her lawyer does not know how to handle or have the experience needed to try a case such as this! He has time after time after time showed that.
Casey knows of her rights, and she knows that at any time she can ask for another lawyer. Now, its a MOOT issue..JMHO

Looks like KC and her hired hands managed to waste a HUGE amt. of the courts time this morning. And LKB with her hacking cough?? She got on my last nerve during Specter doing that! Most annoying!!

I wonder if Dr. Lee will find Lana Clarksons missing tooth fragment when he searches the dump site?? Or, will he do the catsup spitting demonstration? I can guarantee he will find something. Hopefully, he'll turn it over to authorities instead of pocketing it.

Please forgive my silliness, I couldn't resist the comparison!! I think this is pretty much how miss KC sees herself.

Attachments

• scarlettcasey.jpg
    scarlettcasey.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 90
Please forgive my silliness, I couldn't resist the comparison!! I think this is pretty much how miss KC sees herself.

Looks like it will be a 4 martini night for Jose. You don't get spanked like he did today without feeling it.

Daughter Alice, Thank You, Thank you!! It is Perfect!!

Debs, You always are on the money!

Obviously, KC's hair was professionally styled today. Who paid for that?

I think the motion Baez filed was ridiculous – he wanted the records of every search and every searcher, most of which have absolutely nothing to do with the site where Caylee’s body was found.

Is anything preventing him from filing a better motion, one that is specific to the dump site and the records of the search results for that area only?

I don’t see why Tim wouldn’t give him that information, if it exists. If TES made a record of assessing that site and finding it was underwater and inaccessible, it’s not going to help the defense.

ETA: Of course, if he wanted to file a new motion, perhaps he should do it in the state of Texas.

Bold by Me.

JB did mention about going to Texas and filing something to get it if that what needs to be done. He thought because LE "donated" (not paid as JB thought) that it was a FL thing. You should have seen one of the prosecutors shaking his head and laughing in plain view when JB mentioned to go to Texas. You can see it on the hearing video. It was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf