Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get KC. You'd think they could at least train her to act sad. She acts like this is an unfortunate hs drama.

Sorry for the o/t

I am attempting to read this thread about today's Motions Hearing and I keep coming across posts about how Casey looked and acted in today's proceedings.
I'm confused.
Seems there is a lot of discussion about how Casey has a smirk or a smile and that she doesn't look remorseful. Comments fill this thread about how she's faking writing something, how she's sitting, how her hair is fixed. How she smiles at her attorney.
What I would like to know, is how is she supposed to appear? Does she sit there and continue to cry into a tissue? Should she hang her head to the point that it's almost on the table. What does everyone expect? What would be appropriate behavior?
First off, I think, she is scared to death. She is very nervous and has no idea what is coming next. She's not some professional career serial killer. Yet the comments here make it seems she is purposely trying to appear above the law.
Don't get me wrong, I believe she did take her daughter's life. But, could some of you please humor me and give me an idea of how she should appear? Maybe this should have a thread of its own.

I am attempting to read this thread about today's Motions Hearing and I keep coming across posts about how Casey looked and acted in today's proceedings.
I'm confused.
Seems there is a lot of discussion about how Casey has a smirk or a smile and that she doesn't look remorseful. Comments fill this thread about how she's faking writing something, how she's sitting, how her hair is fixed. How she smiles at her attorney.
What I would like to know, is how is she supposed to appear? Does she sit there and continue to cry into a tissue? Should she hang her head to the point that it's almost on the table. What does everyone expect? What would be appropriate behavior?
First off, I think, she is scared to death. She is very nervous and has no idea what is coming next. She's not some professional career serial killer. Yet the comments here make it seems she is purposely trying to appear above the law.
Don't get me wrong, I believe she did take her daughter's life. But, could some of you please humor me and give me an idea of how she should appear? Maybe this should have a thread of its own.

Yes!
JMHO
She purposely started doing this on day 1-31...

If there is any issue after the trial, at this point it can only be that her lawyer does not know how to handle or have the experience needed to try a case such as this! He has time after time after time showed that.
Casey knows of her rights, and she knows that at any time she can ask for another lawyer. Now, its a MUTE issue..JMHO

You mean moot issue I think. :)

I'm confused.

Are you really a Nun? because that is the ONLY reason you posed these questions:confused::confused::confused:

I'm confused.

I agree, this should have a thread on its own. I have been mystified as to why we are asked not to discuss her appearance, clothing, hair, behavior on this thread. Heck, they are running "hair in bun" on a crawler on TV. The whole essence of this case, so far, has been about the incongruencies of her appearance, behavior, looks etc for what a "grieving" innocent mother ought to be. Even the defense has made this an issue. Trying to get her out of court appearances and dressing her up so ridiculously today. It INVITES scrutiny. She does not appear to be a horrified, unjustly accused, just lost her child mom. Why? Is this even important?

Can we have a separate thread? Is there a reason why we shouldn't be discussing this on WS?

I agree, this should have a thread on its own. I have been mystified as to why we are asked not to discuss her appearance, clothing, hair, behavior on this thread. Heck, they are running "hair in bun" on a crawler on TV. The whole essence of this case, so far, has been about the incongruencies of her appearance, behavior, looks etc for what a "grieving" innocent mother ought to be. Even the defense has made this an issue. Trying to get her out of court appearances and dressing her up so ridiculously today. It INVITES scrutiny. She does not appear to be a horrified, unjustly accused, just lost her child mom. Why? Is this even important?

Can we have a separate thread? Is there a reason why we shouldn't be discussing this on WS?

I second this Motion:clap::clap:

I watched the hearings. Again I am going to have to defend JB. He is right about TES. TES conducted business in FL and may have even opened a branch in FL already. Plus TES WAS working with LE and it is alleged that LE gave TES some money for the search. TES became an agent of the State if this money business is true or worked from leads supplied by LE. TES has submitted to the court's jurisdiction.

And, JB has every right to investigate the TES searches, especially those that are alleged to have occurred in the area where the remains were found. He is entitled to have a sworn witness under oath to testify as to the condition of the area, the search conducted and whether anything at all was discovered. And it has to be someone that was actually on the ground search.

I saw KC playing with the pen, but I didn't see JB participating in any foolishness and he is NOT going to correct her behavior in open court. She is childish and frankly, you take your client as they are. I saw nothing that even warrants discussion.

JB is a very competent attorney, I saw nothing that makes me think otherwise. I am not gaga over MN, Ms. Baden or the SA - they are nothing extraordinary - just competent attorneys. Honestly, all the laughing and eye-rolling is unprofessional and the SA's should try to control themselves.

BC can speak on behalf of the A's - he is their attorney and if they waive any claim of conflict of interest, then so be it. Since MN is objecting to the production of search documents, it seems consistent with the A's support of KC and not a conflict at all.

Further, it is only appropriate to allow KC to wear street clothes into court. It is a harmless request and a very simple remedy to JB's objection. I would never allow my client to appear in court in prison issue and hands shackled. Whatever anyone may think, it is prejudicial.

All in all, it was an uneventful morning.

BTW - JB said "May it please the court" too. And the judge was not admonishing Ms. Baden by telling her she had 30 seconds left. Judges do this all the time in the interest of judicial economy of time. No big deal at all.

If KC were my child and Caylee my grandchild, I would have been in the courtroom. Same if KC were my sister and Caylee my niece. And if I were BC, I would request their appearance at every hearing and tell them to make NO COMMENT to the court or the media.

So you think he's competent, even with the prosecutors having to keep from laughing, him trying to argue a motion after the judge told him not too, and the spanking that Mark Nejame gave him over the improper way he went about his motions? I don't get that. Nejame seemed brilliant and Baez was using a "shotgun" approach by not being specific about what he was asking. The idea that Baez is competent is utterly ridiculous. Sad to see people defend him.

So you think he's competent, even with the prosecutors having to keep from laughing, him trying to argue a motion after the judge told him not too, and the spanking that Mark Nejame gave him over the improper way he went about his motions? I don't get that. Nejame seemed brilliant and Baez was using a "shotgun" approach by not being specific about what he was asking. The idea that Baez is competent is utterly ridiculous. Sad to see people defend him.

Thank You Horace Finkelstein:clap:

I have to beg to differ with my colleague. JB is not competent. He consistently files motions without following procedure; he consistently files motions without any legal support or legal citations; he consistently files motions without any factual support; he consistently asks the judge to take judicial notice of matters that are not permissible matters for judicial notice....I could go on and on.

JMO....but JB is the guy you call to maybe get you out of a speeding ticket. But the notion that JB is a competent atty with enough experience to lead a team for another trial of a decade...makes ME :laugh:

Right

I have watched the video, read all the comments here and OMG is what I have to say.

Im dumfounded at the nitpicking over a eye roll here, a eye roll there, a smirk here a smirk there.
Perhaps Casey should have had a straight jacket on her and a mud mask so that nothing could be seen of her.

There was NOTHING remarkable about this hearing. The suit was too tight certainly but you know Casey didn't get to pick it out. How many of you have boyfriends or husbands or family members that buy you something and its not the best fit ?

It happens.

Im sure many on this thread will be happy to read here http://www.wftv.com/news/18601688/detail.html#-
But a body language expert was watching Casey closely, interpreting her outward appearance and what was underneath.

"Facial expressions were consistent, though, with sadness, with depression," body language expert Susan Constantine told Eyewitness News.

So despite many stating she is a cold hearted b*tch it would appear not.

The whole thing about Picking on Baez is truly getting to me. Lawyers are Lawyers are Lawyers.

There are plenty that will continue trying to talk, plenty that do the things that Baez has been accused of in this thread.

Trouble is people don't like him because he IS Representing Casey.

If he was a prosecutor and doing the same things no one would say boo. I guarantee if it was Linda Defending Casey she would be picked to death over HER appearance and Mannerisms and Behaviour

Could we PLEASE Just lay off all the insults ?

The TRIAL is at least a year away, its going to get very tedious talking about Casey and Baez's appearances and mannerisms for the next year

What is the next hearing or court appearance? Anyone know???

I think sometime in the next few weeks is what I heard on news sites. JB filed another motion for the JG's DNA file so it will be soon. Plus with the way JB has been filing motions we night be seeing alot of her.

Right

I have watched the video, read all the comments here and OMG is what I have to say.

Im dumfounded at the nitpicking over a eye roll here, a eye roll there, a smirk here a smirk there.
Perhaps Casey should have had a straight jacket on her and a mud mask so that nothing could be seen of her.

There was NOTHING remarkable about this hearing. The suit was too tight certainly but you know Casey didn't get to pick it out. How many of you have boyfriends or husbands or family members that buy you something and its not the best fit ?

It happens.

Im sure many on this thread will be happy to read here http://www.wftv.com/news/18601688/detail.html#-

So despite many stating she is a cold hearted b*tch it would appear not.

The whole thing about Picking on Baez is truly getting to me. Lawyers are Lawyers are Lawyers.

There are plenty that will continue trying to talk, plenty that do the things that Baez has been accused of in this thread.

Trouble is people don't like him because he IS Representing Casey.

If he was a prosecutor and doing the same things no one would say boo. I guarantee if it was Linda Defending Casey she would be picked to death over HER appearance and Mannerisms and Behaviour

Could we PLEASE Just lay off all the insults ?

The TRIAL is at least a year away, its going to get very tedious talking about Casey and Baez's appearances and mannerisms for the next year

No we can't, I respectfully BEG to differ! you are entiltled to your opinion & because this website, attracts so many LOFTY posters, it is because we DO NOT AGREE......& that's what makes oppossing viewpoints a good, & healthy contradiction.....It's how we see Opposing counsel on either side, that is the blood of this Forum JMO

No we can't, I respectfully BEG to differ! you are entiltled to your opinion & because this website, attracts so many LOFTY posters, it is because we DO NOT AGREE......& that's what makes oppossing viewpoints a good, & healthy contradiction.....It's how we see Opposing counsel on either side, that is the blood of this Forum JMO

I don't care if i am seen as a good too shoes saying this but HOW MANY TIMES have the mods said Lay of the insults comments etc on her appearance , name calling , etc

??

But still it goes on.

Frankly I am getting frustrated by it. What her hair looks like or her face has NO Bearing on her Guilt or Innocence. its all sensationalism.

It detracts from the case.

IMO

(oh and if anyone would like to say Im more than welcome to not read and participate - that isn't the answer - I dont want to stop reading and participating - I just want a break from all the nastyness)

What would be really great is if people would report the nasty posts instead of arguing about them.
That would be a truly wonderful thing.

I think she was 90% there. The giggling was wierd and out of place. Fighting over the pens was a little wierd and out of place.

I get frustrated by the comments on her appearance, as well sometimes. I contribute sometimes just to provide a more "objective" viewpoint since I don't care that much and I don't have the intention of making KC look bad. I wrote out the words of what they said before the pretrial just in case someone else was wondering, and didn't want to destroy their ears.

Patty.
what we aren't tolerating is post after post of:
she is a pig
she is a *advertiser censored*
she is so disgusting and ugly.
That isn't a discussion it is a bashfest of insults and crap and the mods spend hours deleting garbage.

I truly take exception to your post about what you can and cannot do here. if you have a question,then by all means ask me or another mod or admin for clarification.
Discussing the impact of her appearance as it relates to the jury, to her trial, tpo her hearings is all totally fine. It's where the conversation goes that gets ridiculous.It is just a string of insults.

So feel free to discuss her appearance as it relates to anything of value. but if one more person posts that she is an ugly pig I think i will jump off a bridge.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members