Defense at crime scene jan. 30

Baez explains to GR on Dec. 22 video why looking at the site will be a waste without CSI drawings and photos. He won't even know where the skull and remains were located, etc. Sheriff said trespassers would be arrested. Baez would need two things to properly investigate the site:

1. Documents of the crime scene from OCSO.
2. Legal permission to access the private property.

Your bolded (by me) proclamation is false.

WFTV

FOX

From the motion...

AS stated, the LE turned it over to the defense. They refused, so it was turned over to the owner. <shurg> LE did as requested. As usual, JB screws up and blames everyone but himself.

100% accurate! My only question is why is he waiting until almost 2 months later to file the motion. He should have been in court the day after LE cleared the scene filing an emergency motion to access the private property.

CAuse they were given access but refused it. 2 months later, they changed their mind. Since it is private property, they can't just go on there as they please. No one really can.

Baez explains to GR on Dec. 22 video why looking at the site will be a waste without CSI drawings and photos. He won't even know where the skull and remains were located, etc. Sheriff said trespassers would be arrested. Baez would need two things to properly investigate the site:

1. Documents of the crime scene from OCSO.
2. Legal permission to access the private property.
Yes...weeks after the fact he would need those things. He and his dream team were on Geraldo kvetching because they could not get in there WHILE OCSO was doing their investigation (which the defense was not entitled to do). Immediately afterward when the scene was released...he did not need those things to go photograph the area and take samples etc. He, once again, did not want to do the work, imo.

LE did as requested. As usual, JB screws up and blames everyone but himself.

No. Baez asked OCSO for crime scene photos and other documents. They refused to give them. The scene itself is useless to Baez and his forensic team without that documentation. They wouldn't even know where the skull was found. In the court hearings prior to yesterday, Baez begged for this stuff. Yesterday he referred to it as a "mountain" of discovery documents. He can't do anything meaningful at the crime scene until he knows very specific details about it.

Originally Posted by twomanywords
Are you suggesting that the smell of death was a pig?
Rotten ham?
I would think that cadaver dogs are trained to tell the difference between human and porcine remains.
So the pig also had Caylee's hair with a death band?! I don't think this theory will fly AT ALL!

No. Baez asked OCSO for crime scene photos and other documents. They refused to give them. The scene itself is useless to Baez and his forensic team without that documentation. They wouldn't even know where the skull was found. In the court hearings prior to yesterday, Baez begged for this stuff. Yesterday he referred to it as a "mountain" of discovery documents. He can't do anything meaningful at the crime scene until he knows very specific details about it.
BS! They could have gone into the scene and done an investigation on their own without those things just like OCSO did! The problem is JB's team never wants to do the work!

Ok, I'm preparing myself for the 'big defense team bombshell'.

I apologize in advance Mods, but I have no faith in the expertise of Dr Henry Lee or in his ability to be an honest and on the up & up person. I think he is underhanded, I don't just trust him, and I'm waiting expecting to hear of his find of some huge bombshell evidence that the State "overlooked".

I can just imagine it now. "Look...we found a confession letter from ZFG in this plastic bag sitting right here on the ground....yeah...that''s it...that's the ticket.....yeah....ZFG....the police must have missed it....yeah....that's the ticket....see KC is innocent...is says so right here in this letter we just found....right here....in a plastic bag ....that doesn't have any dirt on it....Here....let me read it...."Dear Mr. States Attorney, KC is innocent. Love, ZFG"

Yep...we all have been fools not to believe her all this time!

AS stated, the LE turned it over to the defense. They refused, so it was turned over to the owner. <shurg> LE did as requested. As usual, JB screws up and blames everyone but himself.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I knew as soon as he did it this would come back up. I had no doubt about it. It was a ploy to stand on the street with his team and then to decline. He wanted to make it seem like they had a right to go in during OCSO's investigation that he knew they did not have...but the public at large may not know. :boohoo: It was all for show.

LOL ECS! It will probably be something like that tho. They will come up with garbage that has been there forever which is sitting in the bottom of the pond and try to say it connected to someone else (of course, it will be). Maybe there is a pig in there! hehehe

Yes...weeks after the fact he would need those things. He and his dream team were on Geraldo kvetching because they could not get in there WHILE OCSO was doing their investigation (which the defense was not entitled to do). Immediately afterward when the scene was released...he did not need those things to go photograph the area and take samples etc. He, once again, did not want to do the work, imo.

Baez was asking for crime scene photos prior to Dec. 18. OCSO completed their investigation on Dec. 19.

Orlando Sentinel Dec. 18...
Earlier this week, Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, asked a judge to let him see photos of the area being searched for evidence. Sheriff's officials agreed they would release some, but not all, of the photos.

Baez insisted that he needed access to the photos because he was not being allowed to watch the work under way at the crime scene. He said the area had been altered substantially since the remains were found.

IMO he could have taken his own photos and then compared them to the ones he received through discovery. So at least he would have a baseline to begin with. He should have inspected the property when it "closely" resembled the time of the find. Now that the brush has grown, how can he even imagine what it looked like back in December? Nothing like viewing the scene at the time of discovery...and yes, I do know how much LE did to the scene. And, no...walking down to the cordoned off area for a photo op does not count.

BS! They could have gone into the scene and done an investigation on their own without those things just like OCSO did! The problem is JB's team never wants to do the work!

What are you talking about? OCSO investigated the crime scene with all the evidence sitting right there on and in the ground. That stuff was removed before Baez would be given any chance to enter the woods. How would Baez's forensic experts even begin to know where the skull and bags were laying? Were they supposed to take wild guesses? :confused:

IMO he could have taken his own photos and then compared them to the ones he received through discovery. So at least he would have a baseline to begin with. He should have inspected the property when it "closely" resembled the time of the find. Now that the brush has grown, how can he even imagine what it looked like back in December? Nothing like viewing the scene at the time of discovery...and yes, I do know how much LE did to the scene. And, no...walking down to the cordoned off area for a photo op does not count.

I thought they wouldn't let him in to do that? Can someone help me with that?

Yes, HD. Again, he was asking for things he didn't have a right to at the time. What part of that do people not understand? OCSO does not have to include the defense team in their investigation while it is ongoing.

That is like saying when a crime occurs that the defense lawyer is called and asked to go for a "ride along". Not going to happen.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I knew as soon as he did it this would come back up. I had no doubt about it. It was a ploy to stand on the street with his team and then to decline. He wanted to make it seem like they had a right to go in during OCSO's investigation that he knew they did not have...but the public at large may not know. :boohoo: It was all for show.
Yes, Baez wanted to be there with his team of experts during the investigation, and rightfully so, LE refused. There is no excuse for him not going in back when he was given the opportunity. The impression I got was that it would be too expensive to fly all the experts back. At least, that's what sticks out in my brain. Oh well.

Baez was asking for crime scene photos prior to Dec. 18. OCSO completed their investigation on Dec. 19.

Orlando Sentinel Dec. 18...

They completed their investigation on Sat, Dec 20:

Saturday, Dec. 20

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/12/minutetominute_update_in_remains_discovery_12_11.html

5:00 p.m.
News 13 has learned George and Cindy Anthony have decided to take all the toys left in memory of Caylee Anthony and donate them to underprivileged children for the holidays.

3:10 p.m.
Orange County Sheriff's office obtain a search warrant for the Anthony home. Four crime scene investigation vans were at the house. Investigators have not said what they are looking for. They did say evidence found at the crime scene has led them back to the family home. George and Cindy Anthony were home and were allowed to remain present.

3:00 p.m.
Orange County Sheriff's office officially released the crime scene location where the remains of Caylee Anthony were found.

11:30 a.m.
Investigators tried to release the crime scene to Jose Baez and the rest of Casey Anthony's defense team, but they declined. The scene can now be accessed to the general public.

hold it. is the identical conversation going on in 2 threads or am I losing my mind?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear
Back