FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I understand your opinion, I'm on the other side of the fence dealing with a father who wants to continue paying $58 a week for THREE teenage sons. He's equally responsible for their needs.

Absolutely I agree. If you break it down, what she was paying is about $5 per child, per day. Not much. If she wants more living expenses, get another job or go back to school to make more money. Children cost money and their needs should come first, not mom's and not dad's.

To get back on topic, I will continue to pray for her safe return.

Just a random thought here...

Here's Misty's account about the blankets from an interview:

Two things about the bolded statement:

1. Misty was going to say "Her blanket was...," fumbles over these words several times, then changes to "She had peed on her blanket the night before, I guess."

Could Misty have been going to say, "Her blanket was wet." Why did she change in mid-sentence?

2. If Hayleigh wet the bed "the night before" who cleaned her up that morning? If it was Misty, why does she say, "I guess?"

Could bedwetting have been an issue in this home? I don't mean to focus on the family--just trying to use statement analysis on some of the statements that have been made.

You may be right! The GF is just not sitting well with me. Her story is all over the place, she can't seem to get it right.

We can explain things away one at a time. But when you add up all the discrepancies...there is the problem. And just the true story of what happened, there should not be discrepancies. You should not have to explain each element of the story....carp does that make sense?

This is way better than my guess, which was bread crumbs:)

Likely possibilities that might yield DNA:

Haleigh's clothes
Perp's clothes (ski mask, gloves)
Food wrapper, cigarette butt, drink can
Weapon (bloody knife, syringe)
Towel or rag (used for clean-up or used as a gag)

Can anyone add to the list?

My money is still o the GF, but not that she did anything to harm her necessarily. Only that thoughts that she is too afraid to admit where she was exactly or when. If she did anything to her my thoughts are that she wanted a baby of her own and the father said no way, I have 2 children I can barely support now, so getting rid of that problem and thinking the father would love to have another girl, this could be motive. Not really pointing the finger at anyone in particular yet.
After reading and jumping around threads that are going way too fast, IMO there are way too many possibilities.
There is for lack of a better word, too many shady transient aquaintances that could be responsible.
If you go with the outsider abduction theory and the SO's being checked, I don't put alot of stock in that either. Who knows what they did with her, who is covering as alibis' for whom etc. Basing this on the Couey experience, it still baffles me that the people who knew she was there, never told LE.
They are as responsible for her death as Couey.

Looking at the extensive rap sheets for so many involved, I don't think they were hanging with upstanding law abiding citizens.

I am wondering why the 17 yr olds parents havent said anything...
I also wonder if there is a convenience store close and if so did it have cameras?
And finally, did the a/c repairman see anyone other than Misty at the home...

Interesting information about landlord owning all those rentals. Who rents them out when owner is out of town?
Who does maintenance on properties? Is it controlled by a realtor?

GF changed her story again?

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/39610187.html

<snipped>

"The 17-year old girlfriend of Haleigh's father is now giving a different account as to where she, Haleigh and her younger brother were sleeping the night she disappeared.

The girlfriend now says all three were in the same bed, initially.

Investigators refuse to comment on this latest development, but instead is first focusing on finding the young girl. "

OK, I can't find the picture - sigh...on NG last night at the beginning there was video of the back of the trailer. I noticed the A/C unit on the back corner by the back door ramp. Now, if you have ever had your A/C serviced, you know that the guy comes in and out, in and out from the outside unit to the inside.

My suspicion is that he opened and propped the door to do the service. When done, forgot to shut the door behind him because he came into the house to talk to gf about what he did and get a signature, etc. He probably left by the front door.

Maybe he just pushed the door towards closed but since it is hard to close and requires pushing hard to lock, it didn't close all the way. Screen was still propped open with cinderblock...he could have even left through this back door and the door didn't close properly.

I don't think gf did anything other than maybe something mildly neglectful and opportunity was there for the "bad guy/girl"...

Gf maybe didn't check it before bed like she said and is afraid to say so because then this would be her fault in her eyes (and dad's eyes). Or maybe she did check it every night or most nights and just THINKS she did this night. How's this sound?

Only thing that doesn't compute is if she did laundry that night and the laundry room is right by the door - she would have noticed it open...:waitasec: Kitchen light also doesn't compute...

ITA......LE has talked to the AC guy, I wonder what he said about the door & the cinder block ??

Maybe if the door was just closed, the gf didn't check the dead bolt, because it's usually checked/locked everyday ??

Haleigh's clothes

Rope, string, some type of binding material

This worries me....does it imply to anyone else that this may be changing into a murder investigation?

"We are actually in the middle of doing a staffing, to basically learn from the searchers, and that will gauge our course of conduct for [Saturday], to see what type of investigation we're going to be doing based on what was found [Friday], based on the tips and the leads that we have," said Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/...w_clues_bring_new_hope_in_haleigh_search.html

There is just something about the way that is worded, that and Tim's statement last night......

Speaking of the weather, I'm about 1-1/2 hours NW from Palatka and it's been raining for a while here. It looks like the weather will continue to deteriorate as the day goes on.

This worries me....does it imply to anyone else that this may be changing into a murder investigation?

"We are actually in the middle of doing a staffing, to basically learn from the searchers, and that will gauge our course of conduct for [Saturday], to see what type of investigation we're going to be doing based on what was found [Friday], based on the tips and the leads that we have," said Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/...w_clues_bring_new_hope_in_haleigh_search.html

There is just something about the way that is worded, that and Tim's statement last night......

In all likelihood, yes, this is probably a murder investigation. However, the found evidence may indicate a change in crime scene, i.e., they believe Haleigh was taken out of the immediate area. I can see Hardy's statement referring to this scenario as well.

ITA......does not sound good

I didn't see GVS last night, has there been any mention of the cadaver dogs ??

Well to try and stay positive that could mean according to what they found they may go back and research homes or look in a specific direction instead of a circular one.

In all likelihood, yes, this is probably a murder investigation. However, the found evidence may indicate a change in crime scene, i.e., they believe Haleigh was taken out of the immediate area. I can see Hardy's statement referring to this scenario as well.

Yeah, maybe. But "type"....from missing to ????? IDK. :waitasec:

Haleigh's clothes

I was thinking bedding....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members