FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of who was raising Haleigh or under what conditions she was being raised, I noticed how genuinely happy and carefree she looks in her pictures. That says something good about her life and some of the people in it. IMHO

I agree, unlike many of the pictures of Caylee who at times has a haunted look, especially disturbing in a 2 y o baby. Haleigh looks like a genuinely happy child even in her school picture. I know all of my kids sch photos didn't turn out as well.

Not "judging" people but their choices and actions. Or are you suggesting we condone the behavior of these "adults" no matter the cost to the children? :confused:

Great... if you put it all behind you and got on a different path. But 2002 was hardly the end of this dad's poor choices, the majority of which continue to effect his children. People can live however they want--if it's not jeopardizing their childrens' safety and stability or putting them at risk. JMO

Thanks, couldn't have said it better. JMO

:parrot:

maybe the CMA case jaded me but I tend to now think a lot of parents, especially young parents with young children as not giving a whole heck of a lot of thought to their well-being. in this case dad was 25 and street smart, plus he seems to understand the dangers of the world but not practicing a great deal of responsibility. I think parents are responsible for who they let babysit their children. I think dad was seeing this girl since see was 16 and by now pretty much could get a drift if she would do well as the babysitter.
I really think it was a wakeup call for gf when he tells the deputy something like dumb girlfriend when just minutes before gf referd to the child as her daughter in the 911 call. strange dynamics. but the dad had custody and so he is responsible for the welfare of the child. big question is was he providing for the welfare of the child? It's a child care issue. A single dad working nights and how does he provide care for his children doing so? All his family are now coming out of the woodwork in his support but where were they when it was time to have someone who was not a child themselves be responsible for them "24/7" as the gf/babysitter said.

I just had time to quickly log on to see what's up before V-day occupies the rest of my evening but would one of my fabulous fellow WS'ers care to give me the Reader's Digest version of the latest in the case? Anything major to report?

Nada.....

For any who missed it in the fast moving threads, I will quote myself from earlier lest those of us who have concerns about the environment and players in Haleigh's life be considered "judgmental." We need to stop shifting the attention from socio-economic sphere, to priorities and values. I made this clear and think others realized this and agree:

"My heart is just breaking for the conditions under which some children are allowed to be raised. It isn't about income or even educational level either, it is about priorities for God's sake! It is about VALUING our children enough to make the necessary sacrifices. Enough to settle disputes between parents privately instead of exposing them to bitterness and retaliation. Enough to be careful who we allow into their lives. Good Lord I have HAD it with "adults" acting like children--only I don't mean childlike I mean childish and selfish. OMG just LOOK at this seedy cast of characters, and the cesspool of child predators all lurking w/in a mile or two. I'm just disgusted. Where is this litte baby? All these so called "adults," but it doesn't seem like anyone was putting Haleigh or her brother first. Sorry, but this guy sounds like the dad from downunder--LOOK at this guy's rap sheet--and his gf is a child herself and wth happened to HER parents anyway? Disgusted. Sorry for the rant. It's just never seemed so clear that in some cases, what we have aren't simply innocent parents of an abused child or abduction but an accident waiting to happen, a trainwreck in motion."

Let's LEARN SOMETHING from these situations... and not condone the sort of circumstances which put children at risk! JMO

Thanks petresq_algc and missmybaby. I was hoping for some sort of "good" news. I appreciate the update.

So it's ok to go to grandma's w your hair reeking of pot (I'll give benefit of doubt re bruises). I think the second half of that was "lest you yourself be judged," ie the idea was to not judge the actions of others unless and until you yourself are prepared to have your own choices or lifestyle scrutinized. People who recognize what is harmful and unhealthy for children do not excuse it. JMO

**bolded by me**

I can remember back in the 70's - EVERYBODY wore Patchouli oil and all the elders claimed it smelled "like pot". "Smelling" something is one thing - but seeing actual, physical bruises on a child - no - no benefit there until I hear the why, when and how from both child and guardian - and especially depending on the severity of them.

As for judging - no I try my darnedest NOT to judge anyone. As for judging me? You can go right ahead. I have passed criminal background checks for decades and have raised two wonderful children. My oldest being a military veteran - thank you.

IF this father HAD overcome his past indiscretions than I say that is wonderful. WE just simply don't have enough information to know that yet.

One thing I noticed when re-reading the police report is bio-mom's age. She is listed as 19 NOW. With Haleigh being 5 that means she had her at 14? Now my youngest is 15 and I have to ask about her parenting. Also, it seems that "dad" likes younger women.

Still want to know HOW and WHEN (under what circumstances) the dad met the current gf.

For any who missed it in the fast moving threads, I will quote myself from earlier lest those of us who have concerns about the environment and players in Haleigh's life be considered "judgmental." We need to stop shifting the attention from socio-economic sphere, to priorities and values. I made this clear and think others realized this and agree:

"My heart is just breaking for the conditions under which some children are allowed to be raised. It isn't about income or even educational level either, it is about priorities for God's sake! It is about VALUING our children enough to make the necessary sacrifices. Enough to settle disputes between parents privately instead of exposing them to bitterness and retaliation. Enough to be careful who we allow into their lives. Good Lord I have HAD it with "adults" acting like children--only I don't mean childlike I mean childish and selfish. OMG just LOOK at this seedy cast of characters, and the cesspool of child predators all lurking w/in a mile or two. I'm just disgusted. Where is this litte baby? All these so called "adults," but it doesn't seem like anyone was putting Haleigh or her brother first. Sorry, but this guy sounds like the dad from downunder--LOOK at this guy's rap sheet--and his gf is a child herself and wth happened to HER parents anyway? Disgusted. Sorry for the rant. It's just never seemed so clear that in some cases, what we have aren't simply innocent parents of an abused child or abduction but an accident waiting to happen, a trainwreck in motion."

Let's LEARN SOMETHING from these situations... and not condone the sort of circumstances which put children at risk! JMO

YES! Perfectly said!:clap: and sadly enough, it's just not "politically correct" to bring all these observations to light and talk about them.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/02/saturday-still-no-sign-of-hale.html
snips

But in a news conference Saturday afternoon, Putnam County Undersheriff Rick Ryan said, "We're as optimistic right now as we were on day one that we're going to find Haleigh".
Ryan said the goal of everyone involved is to find Haleigh alive.
More than 250 volunteers spent Saturday searching around the girl's home on Green Lane and outside of the immediate search area.

Ryan said they did not find anything suspicious in their search. And Ryan said the 'items of interest' that were found Friday provide no significance to the investigation.

Ryan elaborated on why they considered the items to be 'of interest'. He said if it didn't grow there, investigators wanted to take a close look at it.
haleigh%20photos%20015_m.jpg

Air and water operations continue today and will continue Sunday.

However, Ryan said they will suspend dive operations on Sunday because they feel satisfied with the search to date.

Ryan said investigators are keeping the family updated. He said the family is extremely cooperative.
haleigh%20photos%20018_m.jpg

Police continue to say that everybody is a person of interest and that they are re-interviewing family, friends and acquaintences.

Undersheriff Ryan said polygraphs have been given to numerous people but he would not elaborate on how many, who they were and what the results were.
Asked about the emotions of police, Ryan said, "Of course we're frustrated. We're very frustrated, just like the community is, the family is. But we haven't lost our motivation and our drive. We'll continue to work 15 and 16 hours a day".

So it's ok to go to grandma's w your hair reeking of pot (I'll give benefit of doubt re bruises). I think the second half of that was "lest you yourself be judged," ie the idea was to not judge the actions of others unless and until you yourself are prepared to have your own choices or lifestyle scrutinized. People who recognize what is harmful and unhealthy for children do not excuse it. JMO
Who went to grandma's reeking of pot? Does anyone have proof of this accusation?

People who recognize what is harmful and unhealthy for children do not do it from a few photos on the internet or without first hand knowledge. People who recognize what is harmful and unhealthy for children also know the flip side of the coin when it comes to recognizing what is nurturing and good for them. Love, understanding, support, and happiness go a long way towards overcoming adverse conditions such as poverty and unfortunate circumstances.

If you ripped every child away from their parent for the things you have lined out...there would be hardly any parents left to raise them. I suppose it would be prudent for them all to be raised by Saints!

By the way~ Am I the ONLY one who survived the 70's and people just aren't telling me?! LOL Wait...Swag must have survived, too!

**bolded by me**

I can remember back in the 70's - EVERYBODY wore Patchouli oil and all the elders claimed it smelled "like pot". "Smelling" something is one thing - but seeing actual, physical bruises on a child - no - no benefit there until I hear the why, when and how from both child and guardian - and especially depending on the severity of them.

As for judging - no I try my darnedest NOT to judge anyone. As for judging me? You can go right ahead. I have passed criminal background checks for decades and have raised two wonderful children. My oldest being a military veteran - thank you.

IF this father HAD overcome his past indiscretions than I say that is wonderful. WE just simply don't have enough information to know that yet.

One thing I noticed when re-reading the police report is bio-mom's age. She is listed as 19 NOW. With Haleigh being 5 that means she had her at 14? Now my youngest is 15 and I have to ask about her parenting. Also, it seems that "dad" likes younger women.

Still want to know HOW and WHEN (under what circumstances) the dad met the current gf.

I am quite confused by the police report. There seem to be several errors.....Haleigh listed as male, NO foul play suspected, NO neighborhood canvas, etc. I think there is a mistake in bio-mom's age. I thought she was 23 or 24.

Doesn't grow here? Pot(ted) plants maybe?
I took that to mean stuff like "campsites" - "garbage left behind" - "evidence of previous campfires" - "deer blinds" - stuff you would find in the woods that normally doesn't grow there.

Wasn't the woman sitting with Misty when she first talked on camera re the events of Monday nite her mother? Her sis-in-law refers to her as her kids nana. She's the same woman in the New Years Eve biscuit picture.

She is called either nana or Lee Lee

Here is a link with her holding baby Layla: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=78857035&albumID=2567285&imageID=40896218

I haven't been able to find the link to the video of her sitting with Misty while Misty talked on camera the first time, but it is out there.

Looks like baby Layla ate all Nana's biscuits hehehe. They sure do look happy. The home looks clean and organized too. Seems this family was trying hard to be a good family together by what I've seen. Cherish our time together, we can't hear that enough.

I was hopeing to have some kind of answers in the presser. Now, we have one more day of this precious child missing and no answers or leads!!
I hope and pray she is found alive and well, but with the amount of time that has gone by already, this does not seem possible.......I hope and pray I am wrong!!

genthumb.ashx

Haleigh

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- As the search for Haleigh Cummings enters Day 5, local parents who have gone through similar heartbreak are coming together to show support. Sheila DeLongis, the mother of Maddie Clifton, organized a get-together along with parents of murdered children at Metropolitan Park Saturday.
DeLongis says the event is in honor of Maddie, her 8-year-old daughter who was murdered ten years ago by a neighbor on the First Coast.
DeLongis spoke with First Coast News Friday, sharing her thoughts and feelings on Haleigh's disappearance.
{SEE THAT INTERVIEW HERE}

thanks for posting that. I agree. To some extent the adults are not acting like children, they are children. they have never fully understood what it means to be a parent. but that is an O/T issue. Dad does not seem to want to take his case to the public anymore, except that I did see him walking arm in arm with the babysitter down the road. So the babysitter still has not figured out what is going on or has not been paying attention. But yeah, dad is still walking around with the child. Old habits are hard to break I guess.

it would be very expensive to build an underground bunker in Satsuma, or most of florida for that matter. pick up a shovel and after reaching 9" or so you have got water. more so cause they are right up against the St. John's.
table pressure.

I tried to plant orange trees the sand caves in any holes dug. I was exhausted planting them. Don't think it could be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member